24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Does anyone else feel slightly dissapointed when they go into an updated gallery thread and there's no new juicy shots or mods?! :-)

Jay, that's a testament to your hard work and dedication mate..... it'll go on for another 10 years like that ;-)

Does anyone else feel slightly dissapointed when they go into an updated gallery thread and there's no new juicy shots or mods?! :-)

Hehe yea :)

Awesome stuff Jay :D

I had the pleasure of a ride out in this car on Thusday.

It put mine to shame. I've never been in such a solid feeling and smooth corrado. it feels as tight as my mk4, extremely well screwed together and very well thought out.

I didn't think it felt that fast, but I could tell it was a fair bit lighter than my mk4. The VR6 gearing was numbing it a little, but it's very punchy and responsive, need a better exhaust thought Jay, those 24'v rasp like a bugger with a pipe on them you know!

Interior is simply gorgeous, the balance of the colours is perfect, and the dash fit is impeccable. feels like a brand new car.

It sounds strange, but it didn't feel like a corrado! only the feeling of sitting on the floor gave the game away.

Exceedingly impressive motor, a testament to your workmanship.

Now don't you DARE come on and be all humble you git ;-) credit where it's due.

Just needs to be faster and louder really! and definitely needs an extra gear. but I'm sure you're working on that.

Cheers Paul. I have to admit I am damn pleased with what I have built. I know you always say what you think so its a massive compliment what you have written about the car. I want people to come out in it as much as possible to see that its a very very heavily modded car that is tight, solid, smooth, quick (but not quick enough :) ), practical and handles, but drives like a modern factory car.

There is that un-modest enough Paul :)

Jay

yep. now turbo the bugger!

(and 4wd it too, ESP and Haldex is brilliant! see my Croft Circuit write up)

It may see something creeping into the engine bay over the winter, but I think it will be belt driven....

My Dad took me for a spin in my Rado earlier today. He used to do a bit of rallying so it was good to be driven proper fast down some country lanes in my own motor. He was pushing on a bit but the car felt well and truely planted which was nice to experience as a passenger. He was impressed with the car... which is cool 8)

Jay

ha ha its becoming a taxi of late i went out in Jays car today and yup puts mine to shame!! very smooth very planted despite comedy ride height!! but the most impressive was the drive out of corners with the lsd im well impressed need one asap! cheers for the ride Jay pop round next time your at your folks.

I wish I was acrossed the pond so I could see this car in person. It looks beautifull and there is something about that car that makes it look like a brand new car. The interior updates the entire car and makes it seem like a new VW. :thumb right:

It is always good to hear of about an engine conversion a year or two down the road from when it was finished and even better to hear how well it is doing

Well, i have just trawled through all 83 pages of this thread young Renshaw and I am just about ready to hunt you down and see this car for myself. I couldn't believe it when I saw the spread in PVW. You do realise that you have reached iconic status with this achievement don't you? There are going to be VW enthusiasts 50 years from now that know the name Jamie Renshaw. I'm just staggered as to how you have the time to do all this, and without a fully-functional work/body shop in which to do it. Or am I wrong? That spray garage just looks like a fairly regular garage. I'm amazed you are able to do it for 'little money' as you say also. You're some man to make 'A Silk Purse out of a Sow's Ear' as the saying goes.

I have to say though, I still love the boxy Corrado dash and the VW smell. They can't be touched.

When are the next shows so I can book my holidays?

Big respect.

Bill - Cheers for the bits dude, glad you enjoyed the quick spin round the block.

Pierced Winky - Cheers mate. I am looking forward to slowly modding the car now from its current state.

Richie - WOW! Can't believe you read all 83 pages!!! Thanks for all your nice words. I definately don't have a "fully-functional work/body shop" to do the work in. Just a small garage and a toolbox :)

Jay

hats off to you 24V Renshaw, thats dedication for you, i usually moan about not having enough space to work in but you`ve worked wonders with minimal facilities, it kinda makes me feel like i should get out in the garage and get on with it, well done fella :thumbleft:

Mike - Nothing special mate, just a refurb. The hard winter has seriously taken its toll on the wheels (mainly my fault through not looking after them enough). I have thought about all sorts of options, but I just want them to be fresh for Worthersee and last through the winter months too.

Gaz - Cheers mate. I am looking forward to the time in the future when I have a proper workshop and facilities. Then I can build something a bit special. :)

Jay

I am looking forward to the time in the future when I have a proper workshop and facilities. Then I can build something a bit special.

the mind boggles :shock: ..... as if your current creation wasnt special enough 8)

I am looking forward to the time in the future when I have a proper workshop and facilities. Then I can build something a bit special

I cant even imagen what you could do to a corrado with a work shop? I mean i thought your car was as near perfect as poss. You have allready wooped vw's ass and its there creation in the first place? Any way are you taking it to the vw festival in leeds would love to see it there.