24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Right, finally caught up with this thread!

What a car! An absolute credit to you Jay - and a real homage to the original designers of the car.

I love the fact that winners of best of show in the VW community always look like the car they're based on instead of crazy plastic crap stuck all over them

Cheers. I think that is the best thing about modified VW's in general. People try to maintain the original principles of the cars, but are innovative and imaginative. Unlike a lot of other marques where they just buy bolt on standard fit aftermarket stuff, which often is totally against the original principles of the car.

I would love the Karmann guys to have a look and see what they thought of my efforts, shame I couldn't make the trip over the other week.

Jay

ah, Jay, that's a real bummer about the Taxi... but at least it sounds like it's gonna come out better in the end... 8)

Yeah, I've just spent some readies to get my C's bonnet resprayed because of the stone chip thing....this kind of shunt would have been the ideal accident ;)

What a b!tch :shock:

Still, at least you know the right people Jay. I know you'll get a quality repair job done at the cheapest price possible. You know where to get these bargains :lol:

Shame i missed you at E38. I was mixing with the Chavs at trax..

Steve

Sorry to see the damage Jay - but your taking it on the shoulder which is nothing short of gent. Loving your C by the way, i am a way off undertaking some of the work you have carried out, but its inspirational all the same, lets see how i get on with the new af for starts ;)

I did the exact same thing thing a couple of weeks back Jay but only crumpled my bumper fog and indicator on the passenger side - nightmare! But I guess that's why they're called accidents!

Ouch.

Glad you made it E38 though with the car intact. On the subject of protected no claims I think you are allowed 2 claims in a year then none for a period after that.

And like you said at least it will look VERY shiny for the PVW shoot (you probably were toying with the idea of a front end blowover anyway!)

Interesting, cheers Yandards. Its the first one in the time I have owned it (4 years) so I should be OK.

I was thinking about getting the wings done and I was not happy with the bumper, so yeah its basically going to get sorted.

Gives me an nice opportunity to do a few things I have planned too. :)

Jay

sorry about the bump, but i just got my account back and thought id come on to post tyhec ar is awesome in the fleash. i absolutly love the interior,t he door cards are mint. the dash colours blending through is how it should eb done. i hate green stroms for that :lol:

And hope to see your car on the cover of PVW soon :D

Cheers Brian. I wanted it to look like it belonged in there and figured by continuing the dash colour scheme into the doors would help with that look.

Jay

Cheers Brian. I wanted it to look like it belonged in there and figured by continuing the dash colour scheme into the doors would help with that look.

Jay

well... i'd say you managed it nicely :)

Your fonr tseats, werent they red piping before? did you have it dyed black?

Nope they have always been black piping. I want to eventually get some Turbo front seats (with the deeper side bolsters) and get them in cream without the piping. Not yet though! :)

Jay

Yeah the black ones I sold to BlueJoe. They were much more bolstered than mine and I think eventually I would like those again. Mine are great I am just a fussy bu99er! :)

Jay

LOL. Don't worry mate I will get some other ones, I need them to be re-trimmed in cream anyway, the ones I sold to you are too good for that. :)

Jay