24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Unfortunately I'm not mate, my sister is getting married on the 4th Sept. It's a shame as E38 is the only show I want to go to in the UK. I catch up with you at some stage though. I looking forward to seeing the changes - it's a different car in the time since I last saw it! :lol:

G60Renshaw..........Just a quick one! did you split the porker rims yourself? Do you have the 10 star socket(tool) for the outer rim bolts? If so, Where did you get it? Have a set of these rims and am wanting to split them but have had no success in getting one. Cheers! :wink:

Not yet......Have tried Draper, Teng, Laser and all the other companys Halfords deal with. Snap on is next but i dont hold out much hope!

Had a busy day today colour coding all the bits for the interior. Used some proper custom mixed plastic paint from Bradleys to match the leather and am absolutely blown away with the finish. Really happy with it. Cheers for the recommendation Asim!

You can also see the little blanks I made for the door pods as the window switches wil now be in the arm rest in the little SEAT Leon switch panels.

Its coming together slowly and I am looking forward to putting all the bits in the car.

It's great stuff mate, lasts really well too. But be careful which interior cleaner you use to clean the surfaces with as some will remove it :shock:

I use Armourall all purpose cleaner - no problems.

Asim - cheers mate I will remember that.

Cheers Nick, it should look cool once its all in. Need to order a bit more paint to finish everything off properly for ED38.

Cheers mate.

Spent today doing some of the little wiring jobs.

Wired the TT lock/unlock button in the TT centre console to operate the tailgate solenoid as I have the MK4 lock/unlock button in the door so don't need two! Works really well and I will somehow change the logo on the switch to a boot logo instead of a door one. Connected the lighting to it aswell, so it all lights up like factory at night.

Wired the passenger door loom in, connecting the 5-wire universal central locking actuator into the MK4 loom, so it replicates everything the MK4 lock assembly micro switches do. Also wired the windows up to the MK4 window control modules, so they all operate off the MK4 switches and loom.

Now I have full remote central locking and alarm operating off the two button VW flip key. :)

Jay