24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Jay, what can I say.... gutted about the frontal crunch but the rest, wow!

Would loved to have seen it in the flesh, I bet every single mod is solidly fitted and stock looking. My hat off to you, arguably one of the finest on the forum :notworthy:

One thing though, I can't help thinking Audioscape pods would look miles better than the standard ones. They look dated next to everything else you've done in there, but that's just me being picky :lol: No car is perfect and what you've done is to your tastes and it works really well overall.

Not sure on the rims but they're different! Corvette?

Cheers Kev, I respect opinions of people who build proper cars themselves, so thanks.

Audioscape pods is something I will do eventually I am sure, I have not started on the ICE yet, but it will come! :)

Everything is as solid and as factory as I could make it and I lost track of the number of times I heard "it looks like its supposed to be there" which to me is the biggest compliment I can get.

As I said before I love the rims and most people seem to, but I understand some people not liking them as they are quite different. Yes they are genuine Corvette rims, which means they are light, strong and actually directional. :)

Jay

Cheers mate, that's a compliment in itself, thanks.

Ah OK, yeah ICE is generally last with major builds such as yours. I did mine kind of 3/4 the way through it's build as I get on with James at Audioscape. I should imagine you're into SQ rather than SPL like me and once you hear mine I think your wallet could be in serious danger of a major bashing! It's sound is a testament to the huge man hours James and I put into it, trying several speaker and amp combinations. Hours on the Real Time Analyser flattening the response curve.....anyway, enough of my trumpet blowing :lol: Let me know when you want to proceed with the ICE and I'll get you some great prices on top quality kit.

Yep, that's the kind of compliment that's best...."it looks stock". It does though, your TT dash install is not only unique, but totally blends in and works perfectly with the rest of the interior.

Corvette rims - so those spokes direct air onto the brakes? Cool! E34 M5 rims did the same 8) They're not nasty by any means and they fill the arches nicely, I just prefer a simpler design.

I have always wanted a really really nice point reference system. I am not into SPL, too heavy and chavvy :) and I need my boot for the shopping!

I have some ideas of what I want to do, but will definately be in touch when it comes to putting a quality system together in the C, probably early next year.

Yeah the wheels are like giant fans basically, how effective it actually is I don't know, but even the back of the wheel is sculpted.. crazy yanks!!

Jay

No worries. Audioscape now have the bass boxes perfected, pods for 6.5" speakers and we're working on pods for 8" speakers now aswell. I want to lose the sub altogether eventually :wink: They're doing an Audi at the moment which has 8s in the doors and to be honest you don't need a sub with them!

If we ever meet up at a meet, you're welcome to take the car for a spin and have a listen to the sounds. I always value feedback, good and bad.

How much do those Corvette rims weigh then? What stud pattern are they and the widths? I'm intrigued now :lol: I've heard of some Jap 17s that weigh 9lbs!!

Speak to Ian at Tarrant Valley Trimmers.

01258 451530.

He did my doorcards and is an absolute genius. Genuinely nice bloke and a real gent.

Tell him I sent you.

Jay

LOL. Sorry Ian. Used to be into my ICE (In Car Entertainment) a bit, but have not really touched it yet in the Corrado.

SQ = Sound Quality

SPL = Sound Pressure Level (volume basically)

Hope that explains it. :)

Jay

remember seein your motor in pvw a while ago, still got the issue,shot in a brickyard. loved it then hard to beleive you bettered it! sorry to hear about the crunch!! still, good excuse for further ideas i suppose!

keep us updated as im sure you will!!!

Cheers Cubed - Still waiting on the insurance to sort themselves out and get it booked into the bodyshop. As soon as it is in and done I will be attending shows and meets all over the place as I have not had my fix yet this year, having only taken it to ED38 :(

Jay

Well I have finally got a date sorted for the repairs to be done. 11th October its going into the bodyshop for a new front end. I need to write a list of all the mods, so they are re-produced exactly as they are done now or better :)

I will be getting a brand new VR6 bumper and 90mm chin spoiler which will change the look of the front a bit, but I can't expect them to spend ages trying to get a MK2 chin spoiler to fit! Otherwise everything will be replaced exactly like for like and all brand new OE bits, which is nice :)

Will post pics once its done and it will not be leaving the bodyshop until its 100% perfect.

Jay

Hope the move up north is going well fella.

Are you removing the washer jets this time?? If so I can recommend the jets off a beetle as they will fit nicely under the rear edge of the bonnet (as they are mounted on the beetle). For an extra bit of smooth!

good to hear your back on track!

really looking forward to seeing it in the metal one day!

maybe get to the next meeting? just gotta find out when and where!!

keep up the good work buddy!!!

Jay, I'd just like to to say, I think this car is the best Corrado in the UK, I love it to bits and it's ALMOST making want to keep mine.

Much respect for your taste, style, workmanship and commitment, can't fault it.

yep new beetle.

Jay, sorry I didnt make it back out late night. Sarah was tired so decided not to make her drive me back into B! Hope the rest of the move goes well and catch up with you soon no doubt.

Andy, I will be back down to B'mth in a couple of weeks for the repair work to be done to the car, so will give you a shout. The washer jets will stay as they are for now. :)

Cubed - I am moving up your way in a week or so, so hopefully will see you at a local meet.

Phat - That means a lot mate, cheers. You of all people know what was involved!

Did you have that relay unit by the way?? I will be back up in Harrogate tomorrow, so could pop round if you have it.

Cheers all

Jay

cool,you,l have to let me know where and when? im not too up on the club thing,tried to find out about ccgb but couldnt find the site!!

well found its host thats about it!

about time we had quality dubs up here! inundated with fords!!

hope the move goes smooth!