Sign in to follow this  
samthegram

camber ajustment

just had new coilovers,wishbones,wheels,ball joints,poly bushes, drop links,discs and 5mm wheel spacers fitted. (and a healthy slam, 100mm ish)phew!!

anyway, the problem is the driverside front wheel cambers in slightly compared to the other side. not had the tracking checked yet at a tyre place. any ideas guys?? :(

make sure its a proper alignment center or reputable garage ,there are so many monkeys around with toys they cant operate

I set my camber with a spirit level! worked a treat.
thats ok but what degree was that set too :) and the floor has to be level too

Dunno, just set it till the bubble was in the middle. As long as the car is at the same height (left to right) it should work. Not sure how accurate it was but it handled really nicely after and the tyres didn't wear unevenly or anything.

Dunno, just set it till the bubble was in the middle. As long as the car is at the same height (left to right) it should work. Not sure how accurate it was but it handled really nicely after and the tyres didn't wear unevenly or anything.
i guess as long as they look right in relation to the rear when you eye up down the car and they are the same as each other with the bubble its better than guessing it

Find somewhere that has a proper 4-wheel laser alignment rig. It's the only way to get it done right.

And as the doctor says - front camber should be -1.2[sup:33g90u1o]o[/sup:33g90u1o], so if you set it with a spirit level, it's gonna handle like crap :lol:

Any-one recommend a local (to Aylesbury/Oxford) place to get this done?

Worn a Toyo out in 6k... think my tracking's been shot to sh*t thanks to a trench appearing across the raod on my trip to work couple months ago.

Can anyone recommend a local place thats good near cambridge? Had mine done at Cambridge Performance tyres last time and it was a complete ripoff.

Sorry for thread hijack

Make sure that camber adjusting bolts are done up real tight as I had to have it reset after they slipped out of adjustment. It cost £70 for 4 wheel alignement, tracking and camber. My tyres should last longer and handling spot on too. A good investment I think :)

I'm just replacing my shocks and springs. The -1.2 degrees camber, how do you measure this? I was going to use a plumb line on a piece of timber and set it approxiamtely until the car was ready to take to a tyre place. The camber i assuem must be with the top of the wheel tilted slightly inwards?

I'm just replacing my shocks and springs. The -1.2 degrees camber, how do you measure this? I was going to use a plumb line on a piece of timber and set it approxiamtely until the car was ready to take to a tyre place. The camber i assuem must be with the top of the wheel tilted slightly inwards?

Yeah, -ve camber is top of the wheel further in than the bottom.