stevef182

Steves VR6 - now SOLD :(

Polished lip on the rims is siperb. Have they been lacquered or just polished? Might also look good doing the spokes black with that lip...

Really starting to take shape, Steve. Good work :salute: Loving the wheels! Haven't seen any like that before- they usually have a dark centre with a polished lip. Yours are nice and subtle 8)

Polished lip on the rims is siperb. Have they been lacquered or just polished? Might also look good doing the spokes black with that lip...

they havent been lacquered just highly polished..am glad you approve :)

Really starting to take shape, Steve. Good work :salute: Loving the wheels! Haven't seen any like that before- they usually have a dark centre with a polished lip. Yours are nice and subtle 8)

thanks mate, i thought they would look a bit different but still quite subtle as you said..

did i see you're selling yours?? :(

...you weren't wrong about page 2 were you stevef182 - very elegant beast you have there!

8)

thanks mate, i thought they would look a bit different but still quite subtle as you said..

did i see you're selling yours?? :(

Yep, afraid so :( The new owner is collecting today or tomorrow. I'll get another in around 4 years 8)

looks really nice mate

does the decat pipe make alot of differnece to performance and noise on these engines?

looks really nice mate

does the decat pipe make alot of differnece to performance and noise on these engines?

thanks mate, as for the de-cat pipe im afraid i cant really tell..since the de-cat pipe was fitted ive needed a new fuel pump and as a result the car hasnt been quite right so its hard to tell what difference it has made, but from what im told it is a noticeable difference, and of course very cheap to do!

bit of an update, got a new fuel pump and car is running sweet..also got some FK Konigsport coilovers but they were second hand and theyre not in the best condition so am going to change to some Wetiec shocks and Spax springs instead for a while until i can afford what i really want..does look nice i think tho..up next is full leather interior :D

few pics of how the car looks at the moment. camera phone though so not the best but you get the idea..

got my hands on some Weitec shocks that will be going on very soon..and a full service next weekend too, hopefully it wont break the bank!

looks very nice mate :D whats up with the shocks have they just seen better days.

yeah the FKs are just a bit old and pants, the biggest problem is they squeek like mad as the bushes in the bottom of the rear shocks have perished, and according to FK these cant be replaced, or at least they dont do replacements! also, they have seized up and cant be adjusted.. :( but got me some nice Weitecs, not coilovers tho so im hoping the ride height will be ok but from pics it should be about perfect..

update time...has been AGES since i last posted in this thread.

Not loads new but got the Weitecs on and am very happy with them for now.

Newest upgrade are my 288mm brakes, freshly painted in red! think they look great and make a huge improvement on the standard 280mm.

Pics below.

Look good, I fitted 288's to mine yesterday but haven't had a chance to really try them yet as waiting for the discs to bed in :)

thanks..im sure you will be happy with the results. I fitted some goodridge hoses as well, but its all still a touch spongy so i am going to have the whole system re-bled and then should be right as rain.

Im back! Its been ages since ive been on here, new job, house etc has meant that time has been pretty short but spending some time (and money) on the car again so thought id get back on here. I think its time for a new set of wheels, so that should be next on the list. Any suggestions?

Picked these up the other day..wanted to keep the car looking oem and really happy with how they look. Will get them re-furbed at some point but they cleaned up quite well..

IMG_0802.jpg

Edited by stevef182

they came with some centre caps but didnt look very good with them on so want to get some made myself..wouldnt be my first choice but they were a bargain, especially as they have brand new toyo proxes on.

Did a fair bit of work on the car this weekend..fitted a black leather interior, new rear bumper, rear brakes and gave her a good clean with some work on the engine bay as well. The new wheels have come up quite well too after a good scrub.

VR6.jpg

VR62.jpg

VR6interior.jpg

Edited by stevef182

Wow Steve, you've been busy! It's looking superb. Love the leather & wheels. What wheels are they?

Thanks mate, much appreciated - I have been working loads recently to try and get some good results and am quite pleased with how she is taking shape.

As well as the leather interior and new wheels I have also bought new new tail lights which are going all red, fitted a color coded rocker cover, and various new hoses and bottles etc, K&N panel filter, new rear bumper plus a full new audio set up.

The wheels are EXIP, I got them on ebay for a bargain as a set of interim wheels (mainly as they had brand new toyos on) but I think I will keep them for a little while as they do sit and look quite nice I think.