Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Besides your Corrado...

erm, nothing. My only car is my corrado.

Ditto.

I can't really see the point of 2 [or more] road cars tbh, but then I'm not known for my conformist or balanced views :lol:

One road car, 1 track car, or one road car, one company car.....I can go along with that, but 2 privately owned road cars is like having 2 wives, but you fancy one more than the other. And why pay to insure and tax the 2nd wife and only bang her once a month?

Besides, nearly everything I've driven in recent years is just dull next to the C anyway. Fun for a week..... then I want the C back.....so I'd rather just devote all my time and money to one wife :-) 2 of them is just too complicated.

I see your point. TBH, I've probably made the worst financial decision keeping 2 rados, especially as I was (well still am) in a fairly deep hole with the bank.

I'm still not 100% that I will keep both cars. But I've not been in the position where both have been roadworthy for any amount of time. Currently the valver is a run around while I build up parts to rebuild the VR6. By the autumn, I hope to have a fully rebuilt VR6, with slight mods to the brakes, engine etc, which will be my daily driver. Then hopefully, the 16v will go into semi retirement, while I again start to buy parts to turn it into a fun 16v turbo weekend toy.

My thinking is that if I do enough to the VR then I shouldn't have issues with too many breakdowns over the next few years, and it will work out as a fairly cheap car. If anything does go wrong, I can tool the valver around until the VR is fixed, and vice versa, helping to save on garage bills for urgent work.

Might even rebuild the VR, run it around, then sell it on for a slight profit and buy a GT TDi etc.

I know perfectly what you mean about only banging one once a month. I always prefer the one I'm in, until I actually get into the other one and realise what I've been missing. I suppose it's more like having a "comfortably built" female companion and a sporty model. One is comfortable and very willing and gets me to my destination nicely. The other is more taught and fun to throw around, but needs more effort from me.

my run about

A3 18 se

audi1.jpg

audi2.jpg

Rob

Nice Audi, is it brand spanking new? Seems to have some wrapping left on the front end.

:lol: i don't see why bonnets are so important, why not have it resprayed when the front bumper needs doing due to stone chips

I think this is the biggest thread I've ever made on any forum :D

Thanks for all of the pics. I love seeing the different cars that you guys have over there that we lack here in the states.

Keep the pics coming!

Currently driving a Mk2 Gti 16v, has nothing to do with having numerous cars but

1- My corrado is in many bits

2- I've got a dog (to agree with walsey half of the scottish woodland and the Corrado don't mix)

3- I'm a retained firefighter and need a car to get to the station when on call

Anyway a pic of said beast

sub018-1.jpg

My C sits in my garage most of the time, and comes out once every fortnight or so, in winter, and about once a week in the warm and dry month(s), for the work run (about 30 miles round trip). She only has 69K on the clock, and I intend to keep that down. Touch wood though, all she has needed in 5 years has been a new clutch. The suspension was just cos I wanted to.

My daily motor is an 07 Octavia L&K Estate, 2.0 PD Tdi. It isn't that much slower then the VR6, to 60, but is quieter, more comfortable, more efficient, bigger, and a lot more repairable (all spares still available) should something happen.

I also get to us the wifes Navara. Now that really is a different kettle of fish :shock:

Phil

This is my daily driver:

Eunos.jpg

The Corrado is driven for weekends and trackdays; It's pretty much been rebuilt over the last couple of years and I'm trying to keep it mechanically 'as new'. There's no way I'm doing my 70 mile round-trip to work in it!

Being a petrolhead there's also no way I could withstand driving some dullmobile on a daily basis, so the Eunos above gets around 1700 miles a month put on it!

It's a JDM S-Spec with Bilstein suspension and factory Mazda chassis braces. It handles better than my Corrado, has better turn-in and steering feel. Trust me, I love my C, but the Eunos makes it feel slightly blunt in comparison (and one of my main reasons for having a Corrado was handling and feedback...).

The Corrado plus points over the Eunos are looks (despite it being black and be-winged, I still think the Eunos looks a bit girly), the fabulous VR6 noise (with the Schrick manifold the induction noise sounds noticably different to other VR6s). And of course my Corrado absolutely, totally and utterly arse-rapes the Eunos in any gear. Turbo/supercharger conversion for the Eunos would be nice... But even nicer on the VR!

Used to have a mk2 GTI as my daily and the VR as the fun car, sold the golf and now use the Rado as the daily (most of my miles are long motorway miles which the VR laps up..) with this as my 'fun' car... :D

The fun car..

IMG_1667Redanon-1.jpg

CopyIMG_1674DesktopResolution-1.jpg

£200 a year all in? can't be a bad thing, esp when you're too hungover to drive to campus!

Not that I know what hungover feels like... :gag:

Forgot to add my other wagon:

18052c061003OxfordBrookesBus.jpg

The peasant wagon :/

what the roof hand rail for cheaper seats on top :lol:

Rob

Oh, it's to stop big branches going through the top glass screen. That would make sense.

i'll be sleeping easier 2nite now.

:D

Normal service is resumend.. :sleeping:

HiAsAKite

Ah, you have my planned 'next car' combination. As has JonRB, I believe.

Drove my Boss's Chim 400 a while back. It was everything I wanted from a TVR, other than lacking a little in the neck-snapping thrust department. No question, it'd outdrag my Corrado quite convincingly, but I think a 450 or 500 will be the way to go.

Forgot to add my other wagon:

18052c061003OxfordBrookesBus.jpg

The peasant wagon :/

what the roof hand rail for cheaper seats on top :lol:

Rob

I asked My Brov he used to work for SLAVECoach,its to stop him hitting trees and building signs,hes done both heehehee :brickwall: