Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Besides your Corrado...

Besides your Corrado, what else do you drive?

During the nice months of the year, like the spring or the summer, I'll normally be driving my 944, but it's not going to be here for much longer :(

HPIM0897.jpg

If my rado is out during the winter, I drive any of the following.

1985 Saab 900

HPIM1003.jpg

2001 Saab 9-5

HPIM1446.jpg

2002 Saab 9-3

HPIM1110.jpg

2003 Saab 9-3

HPIM1133.jpg

For the summer (and clean winter days) a 911 Speedster or the wifes SLK

mod1.JPG[/attachment:1vl0ud5p]

Lovin the old Saab 900 mate and always had a soft spot for the 944 8)

My 'summer' car is a mk1..

Well get you lot with your porkas etc :camp:

My other car is a M reg Audi tdi avant :shrug:

DSC01188.jpg

MK1 Golf Gti Campaign - Occasional Summer/Dry weather use

Corrado for Occasional use

Suzuki Swift Sport is my main drive to work car, but i use either of the above depending on the weather! Wife has a new Honda Civic which is actually pritty good. SSSport is the closest a new car has got to the old hot hatch feel, its realy good fun!

zkikk9.jpg

a0hz0k.jpg

Building works in the background will be my new double garage.. cant wait!!!

erm, nothing. My only car is my corrado.

Ditto.

I can't really see the point of 2 [or more] road cars tbh, but then I'm not known for my conformist or balanced views :lol:

One road car, 1 track car, or one road car, one company car.....I can go along with that, but 2 privately owned road cars is like having 2 wives, but you fancy one more than the other. And why pay to insure and tax the 2nd wife and only bang her once a month?

Besides, nearly everything I've driven in recent years is just dull next to the C anyway. Fun for a week..... then I want the C back.....so I'd rather just devote all my time and money to one wife :-) 2 of them is just too complicated.

erm, nothing. My only car is my corrado.

Ditto.

I can't really see the point of 2 [or more] road cars tbh, but then I'm not known for my conformist or balanced views :lol:

One road car, 1 track car, or one road car, one company car.....I can go along with that, but 2 privately owned road cars is like having 2 wives, but you fancy one more than the other. And why pay to insure and tax the 2nd wife and only bang her once a month?

Besides, nearly everything I've driven in recent years is just dull next to the C anyway. Fun for a week..... then I want the C back.....so I'd rather just devote all my time and money to one wife :-) 2 of them is just too complicated.

Beautifully put. :lol:

Well ive got another one because i want another one, simple as that really and shes a Mk2 16v, great fun in a different way to the Corrado..

DSCN2954.jpg

I understand why people think its unnecessary to have more than one car, thing is lots of people who own classic cars tend to not be able to control their buying urges and end up with what they call "a fleet". I read practical classic magazine and they are always banging on about thier personal fleet of cars, their attitude very much encourages people to own more than one classic car. Now i know just because someone tells you too doesnt mean you should, but i have found it helps me not feel so guilty of my car buying addiction to know that there are so many other people with the same problem as me. :cuckoo:

I personally love being able to choose what im going to use that day, it makes me enjoy the drive to and from work. The corrado does make me drive like a hooligan though..

For me the Golf brings out the sillyness in the driving, it really does get better the harder you drive it and its so nimble. It really is great fun...

got at my disposal as well as my Storm

1995 M-reg 911(993) Carrera 4-mine

1986 C-reg 924S (resto project)-mine

2007 57-reg FIAT Doblo Freedom Taxi-my workhorse 17k miles since Nov 07 when it was delivered with 200 miles

2007 57-reg Landrover Freelander 2 TD4 GS-missus

I never knew you were a Taxi driver Mr vr6storm! Allthough I should have guessed seeing as you're so into arguing :wink: :)

Have you been doing it long?

If I had to travel any sort of distance regularly Id have a second car. Something I could have a significant crash in and live to tell the tale as we have to share the roads with some complete knoobs. Also something replaceable. That day has yet to turn up though.