Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Besides your Corrado...

Traverse, I reckon out "gasoline" is about $10 a gallon at the mo.... how much is yours?

Actually, I don't want to know :eek:

I never knew you were a Taxi driver Mr vr6storm! Allthough I should have guessed seeing as you're so into arguing :wink: :)

Have you been doing it long?

took a severence package from the local council(17 years service) in July was on Garden leave from May and passed my Hackney test 2 weeks before my official finishing date so easy 8 months now wish I did this sooner,although it means I have little time or inclination to drive the other motors in my wee fleet,easy done 30k+ miles since July

I never knew you were a Taxi driver Mr vr6storm! Allthough I should have guessed seeing as you're so into arguing :wink: :)

Have you been doing it long?

took a severence package from the local council(17 years service) in July was on Garden leave from May and passed my Hackney test 2 weeks before my official finishing date so easy 8 months now wish I did this sooner,although it means I have little time or inclination to drive the other motors in my wee fleet,easy done 30k+ miles since July

Yeah I know exactly what you mean regarding the lack of inclination to drive other than in work - I used to let ANYONE drive my car rather than drive myself when I wasn't working and even now (after 3 years out of taxi-ing) I still much prefer to let my missus drive when we're in the car together.

But having said that i've started to really miss the job, there's seldom that you can do for a living that's soooo flexable, the moneys good if you put the hours in and best of all you're your own boss in a 'business' that has relitavely low outgoings 8) - i've struggled to find such an easy a way to make a living since I jacked it in.

(Sorry for the OT guys! :lol:)

Why would you ever have a second car to a Corrado?

You'll either:

Be fixing the Corrado all the time and have no time or money for the other car,

Be driving the corrado all the time because nothing else compares!

I know way too many people with more than one "project" car, just doesn't make sense to bite off more than you can chew really.

I spend alot of time borrowing my mum's focus as the rado is in and out of garages, blowing oil pumps, seizing brake calipers and such :lol:

seizing brake calipers despite your sig, skinnyman???

That was prior to my sig :lol:

Had done side seizing, then when that was fixed, the other side seized. Then once i replaced it, along with the pads on both sides, i took it for a spin to test it and thats when the idling problem kicked in. Fix one problem, get another, as they say.

Its in the garage now having the idling done and a new master brake cylinder. I keep telling myself that after this little spending spree it will behave itself. Im seriously running out of things to replace on it!

ive got a mk2 which i have been using for daily duties for the past 4 months but with the purchase of my first house under way its gonna have to go pretty soon so the rado will return to being my only car

DSC_0068.jpg

Why would you ever have a second car to a Corrado?

You'll either:

Be fixing the Corrado all the time and have no time or money for the other car,

Be driving the corrado all the time because nothing else compares!

I know way too many people with more than one "project" car, just doesn't make sense to bite off more than you can chew really.

Dude, i'll let the pics do the talking...

Corrado:

EmLondon056.jpg

EmLondon055.jpg

Audi:

audi001.jpg

audi002.jpg

Dog & Beach & Rado = :nono:

Battered Mk2 8v GTi with a TSR enhanced engine, chip, manifold, pipe etc. Looks like a banger on the outside and does all the dirty work like hauling filth-caked mountain bikes and climbing gear around, but still goes like stink in a nasty, grumbly, chuckable, raucous kind of way and surprises a lot of unwary knobs in Mercs and BMWs. The body's getting a bit tired now, so I'm on the lookout for a sound Mark 2 chassis to stick the engine in.

Meanwhile the 'rado sits at home with his feet up watching DVDs and waiting for dry days in a suave and sophisticated but slightly brutish sort of way. Both good fun, but in different ways. The trouble with using a nice car for stuff like mountain biking is that the grit just gets everywhere and before long you're hauling half the Peak District around in your boot, down the crevices in the seats, in the carpet etc. Suddenly there's a sand dune in the back with stuff growing out of it, so while I can see the logic of having just the one, I couldn't do that to the Storm :?

I would one day like a "fleet" of cars. My one day garage will be:

1.My Storm (obviously)

2. Lancia delta intergrale

3.Audi S3

4. Evo 4 or 5

5. Mk5 golf GTI

I may be :cuckoo: as Im only young and not yet got 1 year of car ownership which means running the VR6 is stupid expensive. However you gotta have somthing to work towards.

Anyway back to the topic, I drive a 05 astra van company vehicle :(

Have a Passat V6 Syncro that is totally reliable, very comfortable and dull as ditchwater. Would like to use the Corrado as my only car but I do 1000+ miles per week.

Black Magic Octavia vRS Estate. We do all the long family journeys in this, and my wife uses it during the week. I probably drive it to work once a week to give the C a rest ;) Practical, yet fun and fast - provokes a lot of ignorant comments from people who drive Citroens, Vauxhauls, Pugs etc :roll: :lol:

i tend to use the audi in the rain more ,

the vr does get used in the rain but not as much if i can help it ,

and the quad is just for fun :)

and as some have said why more than one car well the audi the missus drives too (keeps her out of the C)the C is mine and mine only but i use it most days and motorway use , and the quad thats just for green laneing and general fun

so why not were only here once its not a rehearsal it will be over soon enough so live it to the full :)

My daily driver ... slow enough to keep me out of trouble, yet fun on the twisty parts of my commute.

... ditching the Run Flats ASAP!!!

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfMINI_R56_Cooper.jpg[/attachment:1q8ayjn9]

The family Bus, which could do with lowering 5cm, thicker ARBs, a remap, some quality tyres.

TouranSport.jpg[/attachment:1q8ayjn9]

Another Raddo (1.8 16v) and a MK4 Golf GTI (family bus!). It's all to do with farms, mud, builders, cattle grids and speed bumps, hence an old raddo takes the brunt of the daily abuse.

Thought the valver might be better on fuel, but it's actually about the same as a VR6 Turbo :shock: without the go. The handling feels much more nimble though, can really chuck it around, VR feels heavy.

erm, nothing. My only car is my corrado.

Ditto.

I can't really see the point of 2 [or more] road cars tbh, but then I'm not known for my conformist or balanced views :lol:

One road car, 1 track car, or one road car, one company car.....I can go along with that, but 2 privately owned road cars is like having 2 wives, but you fancy one more than the other. And why pay to insure and tax the 2nd wife and only bang her once a month?

Besides, nearly everything I've driven in recent years is just dull next to the C anyway. Fun for a week..... then I want the C back.....so I'd rather just devote all my time and money to one wife :-) 2 of them is just too complicated.

interesting analogy.

I see it more as having one wife and a mistress.

The rado being good for a romp at the weekend. :lol:

erm, nothing. My only car is my corrado.

Ditto.

I can't really see the point of 2 [or more] road cars tbh, but then I'm not known for my conformist or balanced views :lol:

One road car, 1 track car, or one road car, one company car.....I can go along with that, but 2 privately owned road cars is like having 2 wives, but you fancy one more than the other. And why pay to insure and tax the 2nd wife and only bang her once a month?

Besides, nearly everything I've driven in recent years is just dull next to the C anyway. Fun for a week..... then I want the C back.....so I'd rather just devote all my time and money to one wife :-) 2 of them is just too complicated.

interesting analogy.

I see it more as having one wife and a mistress.

The rado being good for a romp at the weekend. :lol:

That can't be right cos' if that were the case your mistress is a high maintenance expensive b1tch that will bite you in the ass when you least expect it! Surely that description is of a wife? :ignore:

my run about

A3 18 se

audi1.jpg

audi2.jpg

Rob

Nice Audi, is it brand spanking new? Seems to have some wrapping left on the front end.

Only slow, boring work cars:

'08 Renault Laguna 1500cc DCi

'54 Honda Accord Estate 2.2 CDTi

'53 Volvo S40 1900cc D

'52 Toyota Avensis 1.8 16v

and my friend's JDM MK3 Toyota Supra TT every now and then :)