Sign in to follow this  
h51mon

Aero Wipers.

Not sure if anybody else has tried this but instead of opting for the full Lupo Gti Conversion I managed to get hold of a VAG Wiper Conversion kit for the Rado Part number 6n2998002 and it came in at only £16.44 inc vat.

Fitted them within 5 minutes and worked out a treat.No more streaks and didnt lift while driving along the motorway in the rain.

Like I say not sure if anybody else has gone for this option if so just ignore me,but so impressed thought I would share. :D

Ooh, very nice find!

What exactly does the kit consist of? Have you got any piccytures? :)

Hmm, that would be interesting, I revently paid 11 pounds for replacemetn Lupo Blades and they suck.

What does the kit include?

Just supplied in a box of two.No instructions to be honest but simply take off the old ones and slip the new ones on .There fitted with a plastic adaptor.Use the original arms and .....Roberts your mothers brother..

Can you get some pics mate? or at least an artists impression? :eek:

Sounds like it could be a cheap fix!

Will get some snaps tomorrow fella's.

they look really similar to the photo's colinstubbs mentions in this thread .

But definately came in a Audi/Volswagen Package.

Awaiting pics too, if these look as tidy as the full aero setup, i'll be purchasing a set... :D

Wonder if they do one for the rear?

I bought a couple of sets of these for my girlfriends polo and for a mate of mine, They are spot on and for the price you really can't complain. The part where the wiper arm attatches to the blade is a bit bigger than the TT or lupo set up but if you can live with that then I'd say go for it.

basicly its a design fault the wiper arms dont come down enough

if you lift the wiper up you'll see the two stoppers these need to be grinded down by a few mm then the wipers will work better wil post some pics once i've found cable for camera

basicly its a design fault the wiper arms dont come down enough

if you lift the wiper up you'll see the two stoppers these need to be grinded down by a few mm then the wipers will work better wil post some pics once i've found cable for camera

i did that with mine and they were still naf maybe the springs were just stuffed but they felt firm enough to hold the wiper to the screen :shrug:

might have to take them down a bit more first time i done them it made no diffrence so i took a bit more off

I've just spotted this again...

As the guys have said, the problem with the standard Corrado wipers is the arms are pants. People did some looking about for replacement arms and discovered that ones from a Lupo fitted (wish I knew who discovered this! :lol: ) However, all the modern cars have the Aero wipers on, thus you had to have Aero wipers when you changed the arms.

Admittedly, I do think the Aero blades look cool, but that wasn't the purpose of going down the Lupo route to start with... :lol:

bought the aero wipers didnt work but the chap is giving me a refund. so i sanded and resprayed my old wiper arms glossy black i impressed myself :nuts: