Sign in to follow this  
Bridget

G60 Emissions for MOT

hi

it changed last year but the general info is not available its in the analyzers and the emission guide, its down to this sentence "details for this car are not available" all that i have written is current i test cars for a job so anything pre n reg is on easy street as far as emissions are concerned . :salute:

your link is right there in no info for these cars between 92 upto 1/8 95 its then a 3.5% test as your flow chart says and as i said the analyzers have no info for that era any more mad or what.

the analyzers do have the info/details for cars 92 up to 95 (with lasts years update) and its the emission data book number 13 as of august 2007.

i am bloody telling you , you put the details of the car in within this age bracket and there is no info ,details not found continue with pre cat limits, and the book is edition 13 i did not realise you were trying to by clever if you know why are you wasting my time , if you are a tester you know if not why are you arguing

i am only trying to help people who dont know, but i guess you know best so i will shut the hell up :wave:

:fondle:

Yes but if you can pass the emissions test whether it be 0.3% or 3.5% no one is going to look under your car and say it's got no cat therefore it fails anyway? Are They? :scratch:

hi

it changed last year but the general info is not available its in the analyzers and the emission guide, its down to this sentence "details for this car are not available" all that i have written is current i test cars for a job so anything pre n reg is on easy street as far as emissions are concerned . :salute:

your link is right there in no info for these cars between 92 upto 1/8 95 its then a 3.5% test as your flow chart says and as i said the analyzers have no info for that era any more mad or what.

the analyzers do have the info/details for cars 92 up to 95 (with lasts years update) and its the emission data book number 13 as of august 2007.

no car needs a cat for test as long as it falls into the limits ,any age

Cheers. And what about the sidelight thing, must all cars have sidelights?

if you remove the switches and cover the lights so they dont work you need nothing not even brake lights, you can take your windscreen out to then you dont need wipers or washers it might not be legal but it will pass a test

if you remove the switches and cover the lights so they dont work you need nothing not even brake lights, you can take your windscreen out to then you dont need wipers or washers it might not be legal but it will pass a test

Are you an MOT lawyer? :D

Interesting :eek:

So from that I assume that you dont need a windscreen to pass an MOT?

Interesting :eek:

So from that I assume that you dont need a windscreen to pass an MOT?

no windscreen needed for test

hi

hi

i have some humble pie to get :nuts:

my emissions machine is pc based and has a software glitch not alowing me to access the details for cars although the relevant updates have been installed

so my 92> 1/8/95 info is misleading so please ignore it to the point , if your details are available the test will be a 0.3% co , they still stand at 3.5% if your details are not in the machine a few cars are not but the corrado is ,

so i am know looking like a ratty plum and the suppliers of my less than 12mnths old analyzer have had the brunt of my anger

so apologies to all for my inaccuracy

if anyone knows where i can get some humble pie , and if its available in various flavours would be much appreciated

cheers :grin:

hi

hi

i have some humble pie to get :nuts:

my emissions machine is pc based and has a software glitch not alowing me to access the details for cars although the relevant updates have been installed

so my 92> 1/8/95 info is misleading so please ignore it to the point , if your details are available the test will be a 0.3% co , they still stand at 3.5% if your details are not in the machine a few cars are not but the corrado is ,

so i am know looking like a ratty plum and the suppliers of my less than 12mnths old analyzer have had the brunt of my anger

so apologies to all for my inaccuracy

if anyone knows where i can get some humble pie , and if its available in various flavours would be much appreciated

cheers :grin:

I applaud you for being so forthright. So the question is, is it possible to get a K reg G60 through an emissions test at 0.3% without a CAT! 200ppm should be easy for a G60, mine did 33ppm without a CAT. :) But the CO% was 0.569%.

Before CAT removal I got .515 and 25ppm at the same test station at the same time of year on the same equipment. So the CAT was effectively doing nothing that was measurable.

LOL, so just to clarify again, I have a G60 with a massive crack in the windscreen - other than the crack I think it'll pass it's MOT, so if I remove the screen it'll pass without one?

LOL, so just to clarify again, I have a G60 with a massive crack in the windscreen - other than the crack I think it'll pass it's MOT, so if I remove the screen it'll pass without one?

This is technically true although I'd hate to think what could happen to the structure of the shell if you ragged the car round a couple of corners to the MOT center :nuts:

cars like the KTM X-BOW don't have wind screens so why should any other car need one for an MOT

just to upset you today :bad-words: if the car was first used before 1 January 1936 then stop lamp are not needed anything after that stop lamps are needed to pass. yes you can pass with no sidelights front or rear but for day time use only :norty:

ps asda have humble pie buy one get one free :roll:

as said yes it will pass , but the screen being bonded gives the shell some more structural strength but i would not have thought it would bend out of shape or anything , i have drivin a car without a screen but dont do it without glasses on it makes your eyes water like a pig :D

just to upset you today :bad-words: if the car was first used before 1 January 1936 then stop lamp are not needed anything after that stop lamps are needed to pass. yes you can pass with no sidelights front or rear but for day time use only :norty:

Stop lamps are not a legal requirement if the vehicle is fitted with neither front nor rear position lamps etc. (see 1.1),

sorry mate your turn you can have my free pie from asda :D

yes i should have mentioned daytime use only and a vt32 should be issued

1.1This inspection applies to: all vehicles, except those which either have no front or rear position lamps or have such lamps permanently disconnected, painted over or masked that are

. only used during daylight hours, and

. not used at times of seriously reduced visibility.

If this situation occurs, the vehicle presenter should be issued with a VT32 (advisory notice) recording the above.

I applaud you for being so forthright. So the question is, is it possible to get a K reg G60 through an emissions test at 0.3% without a CAT! 200ppm should be easy for a G60, mine did 33ppm without a CAT. :) But the CO% was 0.569%.

Before CAT removal I got .515 and 25ppm at the same test station at the same time of year on the same equipment. So the CAT was effectively doing nothing that was measurable.

sounds like the cats not working , unless you can get the co .3% or below the answer has to be no dare i say althou i have seen cars go through a cat test without one.

Stop lamps are not a legal requirement if the vehicle is fitted with neither front nor rear position lamps etc. (see 1.1),

sorry mate your turn you can have my free pie from asda :D

yes i should have mentioned daytime use only and a vt32 should be issued

1.1This inspection applies to: all vehicles, except those which either have no front or rear position lamps or have such lamps permanently disconnected, painted over or masked that are

. only used during daylight hours, and

. not used at times of seriously reduced visibility.

If this situation occurs, the vehicle presenter should be issued with a VT32 (advisory notice) recording the above.

i rest my case

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

sounds like the cats not working , unless you can get the co .3% or below the answer has to be no dare i say althou i have seen cars go through a cat test without one.

My car is a j reg so doesn't need a CAT so i'm in the clear, just curious if it's possible to get the co% at idle below 0.3 without a CAT. Maybe a megaSquirt or Emerald ECU could achieve this! :shrug:

My car is a j reg so doesn't need a CAT so i'm in the clear, just curious if it's possible to get the co% at idle below 0.3 without a CAT. Maybe a megaSquirt or Emerald ECU could achieve this! :shrug:

You could but it would be running way too lean, there is 0.4% tolerance on the value of 0.7% so if you set the car up to 0.3% it would just be in but you would need to make sure the BTS is disconnected or the lambda will adapt the mixture.

As for the squirt/emerald option you could always make a lean idle map mode just for the MOT.

As for the squirt/emerald option you could always make a lean idle map mode just for the MOT.

Good research info there :notworthy: This was my thinking actually just switch maps as you pull into the MOT station. :D Sneaky! I like Sneaky. :grin:

Did you know that a CAT can only do the job of emissions control at idle and low part throttle! Useful hey! :roll:

you would need more than an idle only remap if you wanted to pass a cat test as the cat test does idle and fast idle which is generally between 2500 - 3000 ,

and a cat works the whole rev range as i have try d a car at all revs with and without a cat and the cat definately chops co% at all the rev range .

and a cat works the whole rev range as i have try d a car at all revs with and without a cat and the cat definately chops co% at all the rev range .

You need to get out more! :lol:

EDIT: I read they aren't effective at all revs in a book about engine management. I'll dig it out and recheck.

I also need to get out more as do a lot of people on here. :grin:

You need to get out more! :lol:

EDIT: I read they aren't effective at all revs in a book about engine management. I'll dig it out and recheck.

I also need to get out more as do a lot of people on here. :grin:

your probably right my problem is i eat breath and sleep cars ,

and its what i do all day for work so i am stuffed really ,

when you find the book post the name up i will get a copy it sounds intresting in a tech sort of way

right up my street :)