Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

RE-UNITED!!!

YES I AM SHOUTING! GOT MY C BACK YESTERDAY!

Only been at the bodyshop for 8 weeks and 3 days following my, errrm, slight bump :shock: :oops: back at the end of Sep.

Still missing the rubbing strip from the passenger side wing though. D'oh. :roll:

Spent the last two weeks getting the paint finish up to scratch, battling with flat batteries, fuel pump blowing fuses and dodgy Scorpion OE alarm...

Anyway the moral of the story (apart from always pay full attention when turning right!) is that Lex Preston (VW dealer used by bodyshop to source parts) are worse than hopeless w4nkers. And the bodyshop needs a daily kick up the arse to keep them on top of the job.

Total repair bill was close to £5k :shock: :shock: :shock:

Was very nervous this morning passing the very spot where it happened... although in the interests of safety, I did give the car a thorough high speed test down some nice quiet stretches of dual carriage first off...

thats good news then mate, I remember when it happened, does seem like 8 weeks though, time does fly by.

glad you got the old girl back :D

Well pleased to hear you've finally got your pride & joy back!

I know what you mean about being nervous, I'm still being extra vigilant on the stretch where my little scrape :lol: happened...

Really chuffed for you mate, not sure I could have coped for so long without my C :wink:

Take care,

DtM.

not sure I could have coped for so long without my C :wink:

It was a nightmare - the bodyshop blame VW parts all the time for sending the wrong bits (which I can easily believe) but 8 weeks and they still can't get the right rubbing strip for the wing... mental

I'm glad to see the back of the courtesy fiesta though !!!

£5K!!! I'm amazed it wasn't written off!!

bodyshops are utter c*nts, I hate dealing with them. my mk2 spent nearly a year in one in the 4 years it was on the road.

£5K!!! I'm amazed it wasn't written off!!

bodyshops are utter c*nts, I hate dealing with them. my mk2 spent nearly a year in one in the 4 years it was on the road.

Well I managed to talk up the value to £6000 - £6250 with evidence from Autotrader of similar age/mileage cars, and the inital estimate was £4500 (£3500 parts, the rest paint & labour! :shock: ). My excess is £650 :shock: so that took the ins. companies bill down to £3850 which was on the edge of the 2/3 of value "uneconomical to repair" limit so they gave me the choice of write off or repair.

At the time I thought the least hassle option would be to get it repaired...

At the time I thought the least hassle option would be to get it repaired...

if only you'd have known ;)

['H3R4POR]

if only you'd have known ;)

Would probably still have made the same choice - I've had all sorts of hassles at home over the last few months with missus's knee operation, child related shenanigins etc. and wouldn't have been able to spend the time & effort looking for another Corrado. At least having it repaired I got the use of a courtesy car; written off and I'd have a cheque & no car...

If over the next few months it really doesn't feel right any more then I can always sell it next year & look for a storm (my original intention anyway, hence the nickname...)

By the way, stormseeker, next time you're taking close up pics of your shiny (and very reflective) car, how about you *don't* wear WHITE trousers...!??

By the way, stormseeker, next time you're taking close up pics of your shiny (and very reflective) car, how about you *don't* wear WHITE trousers...!??

Well spotted - you should be on http://www.photosig.com/ :-) :-)

Actually they were sort of khaki-ish, honest. Just 'cos it's an 80s/90s coupe, I wasn't going the whole Crockett & Tubbs white suit & espadrilles - honest!

Reminds me of the link to an ebay sale doing the rounds on email a while back where some guy had photographed his shiny thing he was selling (guitar - ? can't remember) whilst NAKED... :shock: :o :?