Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Sunday detail

Look what Shaun and Rob have got me doing..... cleaning cars on a Sunday instead of my usual loafing in bed :lol:

Having spent all day yesterday on the big turbo, I thought I'd give our little turbo some attention today.

Just a wash down, then wax with Collinite 476s and a "detail" with that Megs stuff that smells like bubblegum. I realised today that it is my own car I hate cleaning. I actually enjoyed waxing the Polo :lol:

It came out OK-ish, but needs a full machine polish and detail as I think today was the first time it ever saw some wax. I'll get Rob round to do the biz on it :notworthy:

And, yes it does need lowering, before you mention it....and more boost :lol:

What are the Polo GTI's like Kev? A guy in our block of flats has one and I really like it. Wouldn't mind one as a daily some day!

lol - glad it's not just me that was thinking that! :lol:

in that little shell?! omg, that must be fun.

The Polo is a heavy little thing so the figures don't really paint a fantastic picture. Sure it is a heck of a lot better with some work on it though - remap, etc!

:shock: :shock: WOW!!! You really have caught the buzz now Kev! Not done a bad job either :lol:

Any time you want some polishing on your car or your polo mate just let me know, its the least i could do for you after all the help you have given me :notworthy: :notworthy:

I think Kev's spent a bit too much time in the sun :cuckoo: :lol:

Looks lovely though 8)

Kev?

Is that you?

I think his account has been hacked by somone from Detailing World :D

LOL :grin:

Even funnier is I read that imagining your Brummie drawl saying it :tongue:

It's either the end if the world or the 0X have been visit Kev!

Looks good though Kev, get Roberto round to "do" the Big Turbo and you may even feel happy washing and polishing that too!

Not even washed mine for over a week now even with all this good weather, havd a choice of off to Helfrauds to get more kit or a 150miles drive to pick all my stuff up as I left it in the parents garage :brickwall:

It's a slippery slope tbh Kev, it's starts on your own car, but it's not long before you'll move onto cleaning other peoples cars for the love of it, whilst taking thousands of pics of each process and listing each individual product you've used at each stage for the benefit of internet peoplez - then it moves onto your clothes, and house, You'll find yourself spending hours and hours making sure your windows are spotless and your shoes are shiney enough to see your face in. Its at this point that you'll quit your job and start your own 'detailing' company using your newly aquired expertise learnt on internet forums.

Within a year, you'll be having grief from your other half because you've taken to spending 3 hours in the shower each morning detailing your penis.

Mark my words Kev, you're on the slope! :lol:

LOL, I thought that would get a few of you gasping in disbelief :lol:

Although I mocked detailing, I think I get it now :salute:

The Polo was just so nice to do because it's quite a new car and therefore the paint responds well to a bit of TLC. The Rado needs a lot more effort!

I need Rob on the case though as there are quite a few water and bird lime marks that need polishing out!

Yeah Polo GTIs are now 1.8T'd. It's got some potential as it's essentially an Ibiza Cupra underneath and many folk are getting 230-240hp from a rechip and a couple of other minor tweaks :norty:

As standard (150hp), it's still punchy and quick and always leaves me standing off the lights when I follow it :lol: It only weighs 1150kg and has a very quick spooling turbo, so old lardy Rado behind has to work hard to keep up :lol:

I can't defend the Rado in the bends either because the Polo handles very well too!

VAG have finally started producing cars worthy of the GTI tag 8)

Yeah Polo GTIs are now 1.8T'd. It's got some potential as it's essentially an Ibiza Cupra underneath and many folk are getting 230-240hp from a rechip and a couple of other minor tweaks :norty:

As standard (150hp), it's still punchy and quick and always leaves me standing off the lights when I follow it :lol: It only weighs 1150kg and has a very quick spooling turbo, so old lardy Rado behind has to work hard to keep up :lol:

I can't defend the Rado in the bends either because the Polo handles very well too!

VAG have finally started producing cars worthy of the GTI tag 8)

:offtopic:

You just can't help yourself can you :nono: :wink: