Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

Suggested door-membrane adhesive

So I'm going to be fitting some Audioscape love to my new C and would like to re-membrane the doors. The new foam stuff sounds like it's better for sound absorption and will make it a bit tidier to get everything in.

Problem is, what's the best way to attach it? Waterproof gaffer tape is sounding favourite at the moment...any other/better suggestions?

Gaffer tape works as good as anything mate!

Remember to allow some 'sag' in it otherwise the doorcard will rip it when you push it back into position :lol:

i used carpet spray adhesive on mine, a little bit messy but if you can't see it, don't suppose it matters.

i used pritt stick :lol:

just to hold them in place, till i got card on, that seemed to hold them

Hmm, sounds like waterproof gaffer tape it is.

I've got some really nice rubbery double-sided stuff holding the membranes in on the old C, again nice stuff from Audioscape that I've got no idea where to find...

Correction to above... figured I'd call them again to see what the situation is... and spoke to James.

He's still there, top bloke as ever and is still selling all the garb you need. They're just not doing installs any more 8)

There are places that sell sealant kind of stuff, I've used it on old cars before. It's a lot like the OEM sticky/maastic kinda stuff that's on there as standard.

Otherwise silicone sealant stuff should be fine too.

Why don't you just dynamat it then you won't need to bother with the membrane plus better sounds for your mids too 8)

Why don't you just dynamat it then you won't need to bother with the membrane plus better sounds for your mids too 8)

Well I'm gonna put Damplifier on the outer-skin of the door, then some foam over the top of it. Then use the foam-style membrane replacement and some Audioscape pods.

Should just about do the trick 8)

I don't really want to put any more sound deadening in than that, as it makes the door too heavy and the hinges start to sag :(