Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

If it makes you feel any better Paula, I've just been electrocuted by my laptop due my microwave having some sort of earth leak fault! RANDOM I KNOW! :scrambleup:

Hah. :)

If it makes you feel any better Paula, I've just been electrocuted by my laptop due my microwave having some sort of earth leak fault! RANDOM I KNOW! :scrambleup:

Hah. :)

WTF?! :lol: :lol: :lol: mate that did make me feel better. Not because you got hurt I hasten to add but just because I am a great fan of randomness. :D

Ok, for those that are still intersted in the car I am having a break until Sunday as I am a big girl (although I DO NOT have a girl's name) and want to rest before tackling such nice things as inlet manifold removal and downpipe nuts of misery.

Also I need to sort out an engine crane for when I do the sub frame and stuff. Just to make the process a little less life threatening.

It's definitely worth sorting the suspension components I replaced pretty much everything with VAG stuff because I wanted to know what standard new Corrado suspension felt like. It feels tight...! :D

Only thing not replaced were the springs. Make sure you do everything you can. I didn't replace one wheel bearing and now it's squeaking! :mad2: I was totally skint and it wasn't absolutely necessary to do at the time. Get it 4 wheel laser aligned and eagle F1 tyres all round too!

eagle F1 tyres all round too!

Just picked up some RXs off here and have been thinking about what tyres to go for. That's one vote for Eagles then. 8)

That's also a good point about the suspension. One thing I've always wanted to know is what it was like to drive a new Corrado. Looks like I'm gonna be saving for a long time though. :D

eagle F1 tyres all round too!

Just picked up some RXs off here and have been thinking about what tyres to go for. That's one vote for Eagles then. 8)

That's also a good point about the suspension. One thing I've always wanted to know is what it was like to drive a new Corrado. Looks like I'm gonna be saving for a long time though. :D

Another shout for the Eagle F1's Patricia, very good tyres!

Another shout for the Eagle F1's Patricia, very good tyres!

Had some Eagle F1's on my 306. Excellent tyre. Never had them aquaplaning, so that's got to be a good thing, hasn't it Brenda?

I love Continental Contisports2 or 3, but they're not cheap! More hold and grip than a tub of hair gel.

Remember though Nancy, Eagle F1's are great when they have loads of tread, as soon as they tread starts getting low they are terrible apparently! Conti's get a very good rep but are more expensive, Rainsports are great but are bit on the soft side for dry weather.

Gonna take some of those names to my tyre place and see what gives me the best deal I think. Must admit though I'm leaning towards the Eagles. I hear what you're saying Rob but because I do such a low mileage in the car the treads should last a relatively long time.

I think eagles really balance the car in hard corners, makes it easy to put the car where you want with a bit of lift off oversteer or pedal down understeer. I think traction off the line could be better but I haven't notice any loss of grip at the front end and my fronts are nearly illegal. I haven't tried other brands though as I went for eagles first and was very happy with them, mind you before the eagles I had a different tyre on every corner! :lol: The first set I had lasted 18 months, I flat spotted everyone of them in a seriously long locked up skid (due to a faulty brake bias valve and speeding, oops! oh and some old b'stard doing 30mph in a 60mph) The 2nd set I've done about 20k on in 3 years and the fronts as I say are about done, the rears have loads left. I really like the side wall design they're really flat and square if you know what I mean the rim guard works well too.

BEROL!

Sh!t. I'd forgotten about the bias valve. :( :lol: Another thing to add to my list.

I think there only £35! :lol:

Sh!t. I'd forgotten about the bias valve. :( :lol: Another thing to add to my list.

I think there only £35! :lol:

Yeah, but they're a pain in the ass to do aren't they?

I did everything else but I didn't do the bias! :D I let a good man do it along with the rear beam bushes, I'm an enthusiast but I'm not stupid! :D Plus I needed it doing as it was fooking dangerous and cost me £200 for a new set of tyres!! Even rubbed some paint off the inner arch with tyre distortion!! :eek:

Yeah, but they're a pain in the ass to do aren't they?

IIRC, it's only the VR ones that are a tw@t, the valver and G60 ones are different

Really happy with my progress this morning. Got the inlet manifold off. :clap: Was really easy. :lol: Must be my long spindly arms.... Also, and perhaps more importantly I managed to get all six exhaust manifold to downpipe nuts off too. :clap: Also without any real fuss. Must be the practice I've had recently....

One slightly annoying thing is one of the studs that attaches the exhaust manifold to the head is missing. :epicfail:

Some piccies:

t0t943.jpg

2wrhyjk.jpg

157lsvm.jpg

To anyone that has every removed an engine/cylinder head this is a heart warming sight indeed:

m9pth5.jpg

All I need to do now is decided if the whole engine is coming out or just the cylinder head. Every time I make up my mind on that I swiftly change it! :lol:

Anyway, as much as I'd love to spend all day getting covered in oil and fuel I'm going out now to play with this funny shaped car I stole from work. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

oaneyq.jpg

Good work Joe :clap:

How did you convince them to lend you a Scirocco? Looks nice, what model is it?

Someone called me Joe?! Holy sh!t.... :lol:

They were convinced to lend me the Scirocco because of my immense driving prowess. They couldn't say no. :wink: :lol:

Unfortunately it's the 140 PS Diesel DSG so I'm kind of over it now really. 2.0 TSI all the way. 8) But we don't have one of those at the moment so I have to content myself with a mk6 GTi whenever I want some turbo petrol fun. Life's a beeeatch. :roll: :lol:

Pleased it went well for you mate. So it was six and not 4 bolts then like i thought. Was good to meet you the other day at stu's. Haven't meet that many people in person on here :)

Good work Joe :clap:

How did you convince them to lend you a Scirocco? Looks nice, what model is it?

Someone called me Joe?! Holy sh!t.... :lol:

They were convinced to lend me the Scirocco because of my immense driving prowess. They couldn't say no. :wink: :lol:

Unfortunately it's the 140 PS Diesel DSG so I'm kind of over it now really. 2.0 TSI all the way. 8) But we don't have one of those at the moment so I have to content myself with a mk6 GTi whenever I want some turbo petrol fun. Life's a beeeatch. :roll: :lol:

I meant Joe as in Joanne :wink: :lol:

Putting the engine as side, whats it like to drive? driving position, seats, space etc?

Pleased it went well for you mate. So it was six and not 4 bolts then like i thought. Was good to meet you the other day at stu's. Haven't meet that many people in person on here :)

Really good to meet you too mate. We'll have to have a get together or summit once everyone's cars are back together.

Putting the engine as side, whats it like to drive? driving position, seats, space etc?

I love them. They feel completely different to a Golf. Much lighter and much more composed IMO. I find them really comfortable too. Seats in the back are still a bit token though as although you have good leg room there is still no head room. And the adaptive chassis control actually does make a difference. You never put in "normal" though so they should really just have "comfort" and "sport".

I will definitely have one one day I'm sure. Even before I worked for VW I never did get all the naysaying. It's an excellent car and turns lots of heads! 8)

:lol: i like how you ignored the joanne comment :D

Every time i see a scirocco i say to myself 'i want one of them'. But i really would miss the corrado AND what will it be like in 10-15 years time.