Depends what engine was in it mate. They do a 140 TDI.... :sleeping:

Funnily enough the people that buy those all ask for them to be debadged! :lol:

Its only as he couldn`t get past me that I won :lol: :lol:

Depends what engine was in it mate. They do a 140 TDI.... :sleeping:

Funnily enough the people that buy those all ask for them to be debadged! :lol:

Its only as he couldn`t get past me that I won :lol: :lol:

Don't play it down. That's skills on the track dude! :D

When is the R due out mate?

Haven't seen an exact release date for it yet. Supposed to be before the end of the year but I doubt that now. We've got the new polo out next month which I will drive for the first time on the 22nd of this month at VW hq. They really need to concentrate on that and on improvng supply. We've got boggo golfs going into build weeks next year at the moment! It's crazy.

Sonic - is that one of the new face lift ones?

If so does it come with black headlining?

My mate also saw a Scirocco van at the ring - will put pics up in a separate thread.

It's one of the old school ones matey. It was ordered yonks ago but only registered last week.

Right, been busy again this Sunday. Not feeling too good as the weather is pants today but got loads of stuff done. If you're wondering why the drive shafts are back in it's because I'm sick of tripping over them and I need all the space I can get in my workshop for the bottom end rebuild. Which I also started a little today. Pics will show what I've been up to. Nothing is tightened up yet apart from the brakes, things like the tie rods will need some adjustment no doubt before she gets her feet back on the ground and I still need to slide some clips over the tie rods (which I haven't got yet :roll: ) for the boots and stuff like that. :D

kbdo8x.jpg

10wmrf6.jpg

Still think this wiring looks ugly as sin. Considering some trunking or something.

11kjjt1.jpg

343gp79.jpg

jutjph.jpg

Teethed some of this from work for the wings. :cheers:

15nkbut.jpg

5lxyqh.jpg

Also I can 100% officially confirm that you CAN get a steering rack on and attach the UJ with the subframe in place. Tried it out today. You have to leave the nuts that secure the steering rack slack so you can tip it forward but there is ample room if you do so. Guess it must be different to the VR6?

Still haven't forked out the £200 for the wish bones, ball joints and drop links so I'm doing things in a weird order I know but I needed to clear some space. I can't get the fly wheel bolts off so I'm gonna blag an impact gun to do that and then get the bottom end up on the stand. Once that is refurbed I'll be pretty much there. Rebuilding the engine with everything out like it is and just dropping the whole lot back in will be a breeze. Just hope I don't have too much trouble timing it! :lol:

And I stole another one of these from work today....

z79tx.jpg

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You just taking whatever you like off the forecourt now?! :lol: What's the daily then? Fox? :wink:

Mercifully there is no Fox. I can't imagine we'd ever register one either. Unfortunately I've been told the chances are very slim that we'd get a Rocco R as a demo. :(

I normally roll in a Golf but this weekend I've got a Jetta as my car is being borrowed by someone else.

Hoping to find out what my first car will be tomorrow. I'm being allocated one rather than picking on a weekly/daily basis etc. It'll still be deemed a demonstrator.

Sadly it won't be a Bentley though :(

Also I can 100% officially confirm that you CAN get a steering rack on and attach the UJ with the subframe in place. Tried it out today. You have to leave the nuts that secure the steering rack slack so you can tip it forward but there is ample room if you do so. Guess it must be different to the VR6?

Looks really good :) Nice work. Glad you did get the rack in easily enough. Didn't think the UJ would bend enough to allow you to get it in. Good news anyway.

They still won't let me drive the R8 V10. :( I'd quite like to take that home for the weekend! 8)

Looks really good :) Nice work. Glad you did get the rack in easily enough. Didn't think the UJ would bend enough to allow you to get it in. Good news anyway.

To be honest mate when I offered it up I thought you were right for a minute or two. I had to just tilt the rack towards me and the universal joint then had enough room to pivot and slide onto the splines.

The updates are probably gonna slow for the next couple of weeks as funds are running low until pay day. :(

Hi mate - if you're wanting to redo your loom - take a look at these looms JKM have made up - http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/gallery.htm You can buy the nylon and shrink wrap sleeving from http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu for little money.

Ah cool, thanks for that mate. I was aware of JKM but never really looked at them before.

I already have a catalogue from Vehicle Wiring Products. :D

Right, think I've found the loom I'm gonna use for my inspiration. Cheers Leon! :D

Some beautiful builds on there! Makes me feel like I'm not doing enough! :lol:

Right, think I've found the loom I'm gonna use for my inspiration. Cheers Leon! :D

Some beautiful builds on there! Makes me feel like I'm not doing enough! :lol:

Good to get inspiration! Those looms are what I'm after - they're superb.

Mercifully there is no Fox. I can't imagine we'd ever register one either. Unfortunately I've been told the chances are very slim that we'd get a Rocco R as a demo. :(

I normally roll in a Golf but this weekend I've got a Jetta as my car is being borrowed by someone else.

Don't worry mate - VW's press office have promised me a loan of a Scirocco R when they become available. I'll let you know what it's like ;) :D

Don't worry mate - VW's press office have promised me a loan of a Scirocco R when they become available. I'll let you know what it's like ;) :D

:lol: You'll probably know before me!

Hopefully there will be some launch training and I'll get to tear it round a track like I'll be doing to the new Polo next week! :lol:

Just spent twenty minutes getting the fly wheel off and other bits. So easy when you have the right tools. Bottom end is ready to go on the stand! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Will pick up some big bolts tomorrow.

Fly wheel has some damaged teeth though. :(

10wmrf6.jpg

Gearbox? Er, no. Wooden box. :D

Liking the photos Joe, keep up the good work. :salute:

:lol: Yeah, it's pretty silly putting those back in there. Just a bit over eager wanting to see what it looks like all back together. :D

:D Impatience is not a virtue! Personally I can't wait to buy a house with a driveway/garage so I can start ripping mine apart for some tlc.

Well, it wouldn't be one of my builds unless I completely f*cked something up would it!? :brickwall: :(

Oh well, a brand new piston isn't too bad a price actually. Could do without it but these things happen. Will take some pics of the bottom end on Sunday. :D

Well, it wouldn't be one of my builds unless I completely f*cked something up would it!? :brickwall: :(

Oh well, a brand new piston isn't too bad a price actually. Could do without it but these things happen. Will take some pics of the bottom end on Sunday. :D

I can send you a piston with the head if you like! No charge! :D Coming off this weekend come hell or high water! :ignore: