Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

:) Should be simple to do then! You'll have to come back and have a proper go with it. used to go over that heap of tarmac in the yard when it was several times bigger.

:) Should be simple to do then! You'll have to come back and have a proper go with it. used to go over that heap of tarmac in the yard when it was several times bigger.

:D That was fun. And it's quicker off the line than my G60! :lol: Seriously though I should have got a picture of that thing to turn into a t shirt.

Did you keep the charger set up standard, or have you upped the power?

Kept it completely standard for now. I don't really feel the urge to increase the power at the moment. Whether or not I will in the future remains to be seen.

:D That was fun. And it's quicker off the line than my G60! :lol: Seriously though I should have got a picture of that thing to turn into a t shirt.

It's a really good bit of kit, clever CVT gearbox limits forward speed to 25mph. It's a bit weird as when you go up and down hill the engine revs go up and down while the forward speed is maintained. Did you see that video in the snow thread of us using it to tow a sledge round the feild?

It's a really good bit of kit, clever CVT gearbox limits forward speed to 25mph. It's a bit weird as when you go up and down hill the engine revs go up and down while the forward speed is maintained. Did you see that video in the snow thread of us using it to tow a sledge round the feild?

It is an amazing piece of engineering. :D We should buy some more and start our own race series. Yeah, I saw that video dude. I think if I had one I'd use it as some kind of mobility scooter. It would fit through the automatic doors at my local Sainsburys too.

Could just remove the roll cage, and relocate the air intake.

You could buy a softop Bedford Rascal for the same sort of money though. How many more miles till the charger is run in?

I wonder if your heater bypass valve is blocked?

Could just remove the roll cage, and relocate the air intake.

You could buy a softop Bedford Rascal for the same sort of money though. How many more miles till the charger is run in?

I wonder if your heater bypass valve is blocked?

Well, the journey home was about 150 miles. Darren said just to watch it on the way home. Will probably give it an easy time for a little while longer though. I don't rag it all that much. The only time I really hammer it is on slip roads. :D I don't know why but the more powerful a car I'm in the more sedately I drive.

Not sure what is up with the heater. Maybe the matrix is fecked or something. Am feeling like changing it but it sounds like a lot of work. Do you know if you can change it without removing the dash on a pre-facelift? Every now and again you can smell coolant still so there is still a problem somewhere.

Hmmm. might be worth swapping in that case. Yeah, you can leave the dash inplace...

Sweet. Now all I need to do is get around to doing it! :lol:

Ok, you've all seen this before but here's a pic of my car as it looks at the moment:

2uesa4g.jpg

The thing is now that I have got pretty close to getting a lot of the mechanical problems with the car sorted after all the work it had done towards the end of last year, I find myself thinking that it looks pretty tired. Once I fit the headlight loom tomorrow the only major things left to sort are the suspension and the front engine mount.

When I first got the car I loved the look of the steelies but now I think I'd like to see some nice alloys on there. Just think the car could do with a new look. Nothing drastic of course. But I'm not sure if it's just that I am running out of things to do on it. Also quite a few people have just got new wheels and they look smart so that may be influencing me. It needs some paint though. Looks a lot better in pics than it is in real life!

Do it 8) What sort of wheels are you thinking of dude? Bigger, spokeylicious, what? :scratch: :grin:

Wheels do really make such a difference to the look of the car mate and I really do think that steelies REALLY date the Corrado in a big way. A nice shiny pair of new BBS's or something on there would totally transform the look of the car.

i think the rght alloys would give the car a whole new look. 8)

pictures must be very deceiving coz the paint looks good to me?!??

btw front mount isn't major.

10 min job. :)

Yeah - the front mount is very easy to do mate.. only worth going with a Vibratechnics one though, and that's where the expense is :(

hmmmm, not sure how big but bigger than the steelies. I think the reason I'm off them a bit is the tractor tyres look a bit naff. So a set that will require slightly lower profile shoes. And yes, I think I've made up mind that I want something spokaliciously spokey.

That picture was taken just after a good polish but trust me, the bonnet is really bad. It goes matt and then when it rains and dries you get all sorts of crazy sh!t going on! Like white patches and streaks....

Yeah, the mount is next on my list. When I was down at G-Werks darren said he supplies a good engine mount. Will get in touch with him. Probably should have got one whilst I was there.

That picture was taken just after a good polish but trust me, the bonnet is really bad. It goes matt and then when it rains and dries you get all sorts of crazy sh!t going on! Like white patches and streaks....

Like a plasterers radio....

It's not that bad in real life, just when you start looking closely you can make it out...

Like a plasterers radio....

It's not that bad in real life, just when you start looking closely you can make it out...

It's bugging me though. I just want it to look like how it drives now. Which is awesome! :D

:) That's what matters. Concentrate on the driving bit, save your money and look after the mechanical bits. :)

:) That's what matters. Concentrate on the driving bit, save your money and look after the mechanical bits. :)

Wise words. :D But I'm sure in amongst all the millions of monies I've spent on this car I can find some spare for a set of nice alloys. Whatever happens I'll keep running the steelies at least until all the salt has gone from the roads. I think the steelies would make good winter wheels actually.

Nobody is sticking up for them so I think it's time for a change.