Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Ah I see.. Mine went along the lower panel tie-wrapped through the long holes and behind the "Horn support"

(snigger)... For me I thought better chance of not chafing wiring harness, and again keeps it away from the bay and the major heat source (rad) for as long as it's moving or fan is on!

Awesome though aren't they! :luvlove:

Ah I see.. Mine went along the lower panel tie-wrapped through the long holes and behind the "Horn support"

(snigger)... For me I thought better chance of not chafing wiring harness, and again keeps it away from the bay and the major heat source (rad) for as long as it's moving or fan is on!

Awesome though aren't they! :luvlove:

They are superb. Fitting was also a good opportunity to give all the light components a good scrub as well.

Glad you all like the performance of the looms.

I had a fit when I saw all those tools and your car in pieces, you made it look harder than it is, lol. However it also made me smile, when I fitted my last loom I took the car to bits and cleaned everything.

If I remember rightly I also changed the head light lenses. I don't think they where to expensive either. Mine where all stone chipped and frosty.

I had a fit when I saw all those tools and your car in pieces, you made it look harder than it is, lol.

:lol: Out of that lot I used 1 spanner to disconnect the battery, 1 socket to remove the battery clamp and 1 screw driver to take the lights off. The funny thing is it looks really drastic but to remove the grille and the two headlights is about 10 mins work at the most! :lol:

Well, thought I'd make the most of today as it was rather nice and sunny. Still cold though. Went round oldskoolkool's and seeing as we had quite a few dubs all in one place I got some pics:

35ioebq.jpg

zx495v.jpg

b81uhe.jpg

24df2v4.jpg

dnzfgj.jpg

Weather getting sh!tty again so washed salt off and put safely back in garage:

34xf47r.jpg

if only i had the cash mate,it would have to be twice as high for ramps,Rolling road,paint booth lol.....i wish!,cool pics btw :wink:

Cheers matey. :D Sunny days like today just make me pine for the summer even more. Just hope I can get my car through it's MOT in April.... Still a bit of work to do.

Nice pics there Joe, and pretty good garage........ got wood? :norty:

Too much wood. :lol: When that arrived I'd sat at work all day looking forward to getting home and taking the Rado out but when I got back the b*stard delivery driver had just dumped that massive pile of logs right in front of it! :censored: :lol:

i was gona say i hoped that wasnt the shed that you were building today coz if it was you were quick lol

pics look cool it was good to get the dubs together lol ive just fibnished the clutch on the mk 4 wat a job lol still i can clean my car tomorrow :luvlove:

i was gona say i hoped that wasnt the shed that you were building today coz if it was you were quick lol

pics look cool it was good to get the dubs together lol ive just fibnished the clutch on the mk 4 wat a job lol still i can clean my car tomorrow :luvlove:

You finished that clutch in that amount of time?! That would have taken me weeks! :lol:

Was cool to have all those vws together. One thing I meant to ask does your garage do MOTs? I need to find somewhere I can trust to take my G60. It has a cert until May but I know it's gonna fail so I'm thinking about getting it tested now so I know exactly what needs doing and then I'll have until May to sort it all out.

You finished that clutch in that amount of time?! That would have taken me weeks! :lol:

Was cool to have all those vws together. One thing I meant to ask does your garage do MOTs? I need to find somewhere I can trust to take my G60. It has a cert until May but I know it's gonna fail so I'm thinking about getting it tested now so I know exactly what needs doing and then I'll have until May to sort it all out.

yeh was a bugger to get back in tho :censored:

yes we do and actually were doing half price mot's £27.50 atm and i might be able to get a bit more off too :D

im sure we could fit you in sometime !

yes we do and actually were doing half price mot's £27.50 atm and i might be able to get a bit more off too :D

That would be good. The garage I work for isn't an MOT station.... I can't really make any financial decisions until I know how much it's gonna cost to get this old heap on the road for another 12 months. :D Don't suppose you have any space this Tuesday? I know that's really short notice but it's worth an ask.

That would be good. The garage I work for isn't an MOT station.... I can't really make any financial decisions until I know how much it's gonna cost to get this old heap on the road for another 12 months. :D Don't suppose you have any space this Tuesday? I know that's really short notice but it's worth an ask.

im sure it will go through no probs ill have my peer under it too just to make sure lol yeh i dont see why not mots are always easy to fit in what sorta time ???

hey i spoke to the kid nxt door haha he reckoned he was in a hurry to get home lol oh and he said that he didnt like your car very much lol but tbh he does drive a saxo!!!!! oh and guess wat he wants to come to dubsuffolk meet nxt week haha in the saxo ??? :roll:

im sure it will go through no probs ill have my peer under it too just to make sure lol yeh i dont see why not mots are always easy to fit in what sorta time ???

hey i spoke to the kid nxt door haha he reckoned he was in a hurry to get home lol oh and he said that he didnt like your car very much lol but tbh he does drive a saxo!!!!! oh and guess wat he wants to come to dubsuffolk meet nxt week haha in the saxo ??? :roll:

He didn't like my car?! :lol: So hang on, he drives a Saxo and we've yet to find a VW he actually likes but he wants to come to a Dubsuffolk meet? :cuckoo: Why did you tell him about it? :nono: :lol:

I have to pick up a birthday present for my girlfriend in the morning. Any time as close to 2 in the afternoon would be good. Just let me know on Monday if it's alright.

He didn't like my car?! :lol: So hang on, he drives a Saxo and we've yet to find a VW he actually likes but he wants to come to a Dubsuffolk meet? :cuckoo: Why did you tell him about it? :nono: :lol:

I have to pick up a birthday present for my girlfriend in the morning. Any time as close to 2 in the afternoon would be good. Just let me know on Monday if it's alright.

i was being polite guess i was too polite haha !

yeh that should be fine ill give ya a txt or summin on monday to let you know yeh !?

i was being polite guess i was too polite haha !

yeh that should be fine ill give ya a txt or summin on monday to let you know yeh !?

Cool, nice one. :D

Yes! :D Another 12 months of MOT goodness. Now I can stop worrying about it and just look forward having the car for the summer. I've lost a bit of time on the previous MOT but thought whilst it was there being checked it may as well be issued if it's gonna pass. It's so cool, the charger was rebuilt just over two months ago, I've had all the brake lines changed, the crank bolt has been done, the fuel lines have been done, it's got a new water pump, I've got some Weitecs ready to go on (when I finally get round to it), the rear bearings are all new and it's had new disks and pads. It's just awesome! :D I'm so happy.

Fresh bra...nothing like another 12 months of motoring goodness. Its always nice when it passes with no advisories too.

Nice one matey, I look forward to seeing it in all it's MOT'd loveliness at the weekend. :D

Cheers guys. I was obviously was just worrying about nothing as per usual! :lol: And when I look back at the list of things I've done to it damn right it should go through an MOT! :D

Nice one matey, I look forward to seeing it in all it's MOT'd loveliness at the weekend. :D

Yes mate. Should be a good one. Someone on Dubsuffolk mentioned something about doughnuts so I think the turn out should be pretty good! :D