waynos

waynes corrado

yea but yours will be freash close up to, lol.. :) are you missing a wiper? ;)

lol missing a wiper, lights rubbers, all sorts. Hopefully i can get it all back together at the weekend

right seeing as the lights were off the car i thought id paint the insides

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

light un painted

IMG_0127.jpg

old next to new

IMG_0126.jpg

:shock: What a difference!

Looking good mate, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for you although i think now it will be easier to notice :norty:

Nick

long time no see my man!. unfortunatly its going back to the shop tommorow as there are some bits im not quite happy with. but on a whole im pleased. i need to come and check out that vr of yours sometime

I must say the finish looks good, and probably better value than a certain local bodyshop to me (JD). You're welcome to check out the VR anytime! valver now sold so it's bittersweet lol

Nick

cool i shall pop over once its complete

as i had i scrap door i though id do a test fit of a solenoid for the door poppers. Was a right fiddle but ive positioned it in a way so i can get the thing mounted easily ( i wont have the big gaping hole to stick it through)also so its easy to adjust the slack on the wire

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

That's good to see how a solenoid works,no reason why that set up wouldn't work for years. If I were you Wayne I'd red tint the rear lights, I think the all red rears would really suit the more modern colour as well.

I got the same solenoid in my boot, works fine. Sometimes ( I dont know why) it takes 2 or more button pushes on the fob to pop open the boot

Looking very good Wayne...... You must be chuffed!

I know what you mean about the solinoid being fiddly, lol I changed the buttons in the end for some slimmer ones which are water proof, 7.99 from Maplins

Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing a picture of it all back together

Dan i was thinkin of all reds but i dunno how id get the reverse lights to shine white still?

Rams ive also changed the switches for weather proof ones from maplins. Think i paid 3 or 4 quid for two. The silly green ones they supply with the solenoids look poo

Kempy maybe yourd jus needs a little adjustment?

Wayne, im struggling a bit..... Can you help?

I need to connect the wiring up for the button to open the door, so far, I have the door opening but dont want the door to open when the alarm is on , onbiously so no creatures can get in! Can you help with wiring? I need to secure the car now as a fair few travellers - being polite have come to bmth. It might just be my meter playing up which determines who I wire it!!

thanx for the comment coullstar!

I havent even got round to the wiring lol. Does ur alarm trigger the central locking?if so once those locks are down pressin the solenoid button wont make a difference.

So do your doors open nicely i was thinking i may need to use a spring to push the door out once the solenoid button is pressed so it clears the latch

Well done mate, that looks like it was done by a Pro :salute:

The best thing about using the vinyl is the low maintenance from now on :D

Regarding your back lights, just mask off the reverse lights before you tint them & all will look 8) . You can either mask off the whole block of the reverse light or use 5mm horizontal strips for that OEM look :D

cheers mate, it was suprisingly easy to work into the corners! as for the lights im not sure if it would would work as ive got the inpro lights , so i dont have the little blocks where the reverse light goes - the whole section is the reverse ight if that makes any sense?

looks good that plinth, I just got a replacement new one in the post was gonna colour code it, put that looks good to, when its on the car can you stick a pic up :grin:

i dont have the little blocks where the reverse light goes - the whole section is the reverse ight if that makes any sense?

OK I know what you mean now, I've never seen the In,Pro's in the flesh. Looking forward to seeing the plinth fitted :)

Can i Just make you aware of something for the solenoid. I had a problem when I put a boot popper in my old car. The bracket was pretty crap so when i tightened up the solenoid it actually bent the bracket around the curve (where the solenoid sits), which meant that once i had set up the solenoid and pressed it a couple of times it had moved and slackened off.

Got a mate to weld a piece of strengthening around the curve thinking that would resolve it but the bracket just bent somewhere else. Its a really crappy design so maybe consider making a proper full loop bracket to stop the solenoid slipping to avoid having to reposition it every 5 minutes!

Hope that makes sense, oh and car is looking very nice!

Doors are opening fine at present....

The problem with the wiring is that we need a switchable live, as when the alarm is on or off, theres still a permant live.... Tried alarming the car, car locks but switch solinoid switch still poping the door open. Can you suggest another idea? Maybe the vacum pump - relay? Unless we can do it via a relay or earth somehow??

I might need an auto electrician?

thanks for the heads up swift kid thats something ill definatly look into!

rams what is making the dor pop when its locked? :scratch:

perhaps a solution could be to use a relay off one of the imobiliser circuits on the alarm? that way the solenoid would only become active once the imob is off