was8v

Alternative VR6 engine cover plastic?

Imagine how much it would worth now, £1500 ha! Mine has the standard ones I think, and like every one they are both cracked! Got replacement lens for them though. 

I knew I would get some fisherman to talk with my reel analogy! Yes Daiwa in japan, very nice stuff as well! 

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Coloured one with part number on it

22A3D542-D5AA-404D-BE17-4732D92E83A3.jpeg

7E9E1238-5898-42FE-B0ED-0C8E35B480CC.jpeg

That looks in good nick is that one of your spares mate. 

It is mate yes. But the smudge marks on it won’t come off, so was thinking of spaying it up, apart from that it’s pretty good. 

Ah lads, we are getting very over excited about what is at the end of the day a piece of painted plastic - even looks a bit lurid to me.

Steady on - you’ll be driving up the prices of these! Now if it was a genuine Pierburg VSR plate......

25 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

It is mate yes. But the smudge marks on it won’t come off, so was thinking of spaying it up, apart from that it’s pretty good. 

Try a tiny bit of carb cleaner ? 

24 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Ah lads, we are getting very over excited about what is at the end of the day a piece of painted plastic - even looks a bit lurid to me.

Steady on - you’ll be driving up the prices of these! Now if it was a genuine Pierburg VSR plate...... emoji1.png

They are very expensive for what they are anyway fen. They get cracked with people leaning in the wrong place when looking in the engine bay, I didn’t know nothing about that till someone broke mine, I’ve struggled like hell fo a year to get a really good one, but thanks to Keyo’s spot a couple of weeks ago I now have a good standard one as well as a couple of spares if some breaks my new one. 

2 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

They are very expensive for what they are anyway fen. They get cracked with people leaning in the wrong place when looking in the engine bay, I didn’t know nothing about that till someone broke mine, I’ve struggled like hell fo a year to get a really good one, but thanks to Keyo’s spot a couple of weeks ago I now have a good standard one as well as a couple of spares if some breaks my new one. 

I was tempted to buy it for myself but thought share the love 😝.

Edited by Keyo

You have a shrick and a good standard one to put on, why on earth would you buy another ?

but thanks for the heads up you mad hoarder😘

10 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Corradoship makes you become a hoarder I can't help it ha! 

Ha ha - I even know of some who still hoard parts even though they don't have one any more - just out of habit or "in case"....

I suppose it’s because good stuff is so hard to get you can’t let something go or pass it up. Speed line centre caps are the latest. 

10 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I suppose it’s because good stuff is so hard to get you can’t let something go or pass it up. Speed line centre caps are the latest. 

Yep there seems to be not much difference in price for a set of caps and a set of wheels with caps. I noticed GRYP are making Sebring ones which are a lot more complex.