Chris

Chris's black vr6 (RIP)

hey Chris, some nice snow shots there 8)

what itb's have you got - did you pick up the bildons from 87jetta12v (or whateveter his name is) on here?

you're still in the process of doing your engine rebuild aren't you? what can we expect to see - higher compression engine with some nice wild long duration cams to compliment those itb's :norty:

i've never heard then in the flesh unfortunately, but itb's on a vr sound orgasmic!!! what are you doing management wise due to running the itb's?

do tell please - interested to see where you're going with this one... :D

hi pete,

thanks, i've been meaning to message you back for awhile. sorry i didnt reply to your last p/m, had a bit of a rough summer.

how've you been? hows the new toy? did the burns clear up ok?

nah i didnt buy neils itb's (87 jetta 16v) or his lovely new block unfortunately, by the way neil, if you read this, thanks very much for all the advice bud :salute:

i wanted to build my own manifold for them, plus i found a set of 6 at a steal so will be going this route now. Jenvey tapered bodies, 42 in, 45 out. need to find a company who make custom radiators at a reasonable cost as the denso will get in the way. anyone, feel free to point me in the right direction :)

i've decided to send my spare block to be rebuilt professionally as i havent got time to finish everything by myself before the spring. so hopefully ill be running a new block/a newish kev'd up head with these puppies. be nice to see how the 263's go with the jenveys. havent thought about higher compression yet (please dont put these thoughts into my head :roll: )

as for management, i'll be in touch with C2. probably going to run the management on throttle position. (as neil also advised)

tbh ive never heard them in the flesh either, just on videos. its gona be awesome hearing them fire up the first time :norty: cant wait!

ill try to get loads of photos when i do the conversion, with good write ups for a change rather than doing all the work and taking photos at the end. (got to admit, my build thread is rubbish! lol)

so the polished manifold will become redundant no?? :norty:

the now 'chromed' manifold may become redundant :wink:

the polished one was sold awhile back, lol i really need to update this thread with all the new bits.

Mmmm ITB's, i was toying with those as wanted to go proper old school with the corrado.

as for a radiator, try these people they are very helpfull http://search.orange.co.uk/redirect?ug= ... adiator%2F and not that expensive, also contact the guy with the r32 jetta with ITB's as he used someone else but there name eludes me at the moment.

good luck with it all as its gonna be great to listen to 8)

Mmmm ITB's, i was toying with those as wanted to go proper old school with the corrado.

as for a radiator, try these people they are very helpfull http://search.orange.co.uk/redirect?ug= ... adiator%2F and not that expensive, also contact the guy with the r32 jetta with ITB's as he used someone else but there name eludes me at the moment.

good luck with it all as its gonna be great to listen to 8)

thanks karl, its a shame i spent so long prepping myself for the turbo route. i could have had this finished long ago if i hadn't fudged around with that idea, oh well, all the bits sold should easily pay for this. are you definately going turbo now?

thanks for the rad website, they are very reasonable prices! ill try that guy with the r32 jetta as well.

cheers again karl

no mate, i've had enough messing with old cars for a while, so i'm breaking mine down. But still have my MK1 scirrocco in the background waiting for my car tinkering mojo to come back :(

best thing to do with the radiator is get to the place you finally decide on using, and get them to do all the measuring, that way if it dont fit its there problem and not yours.

no mate, i've had enough messing with old cars for a while, so i'm breaking mine down. But still have my MK1 scirrocco in the background waiting for my car tinkering mojo to come back :(

best thing to do with the radiator is get to the place you finally decide on using, and get them to do all the measuring, that way if it dont fit its there problem and not yours.

ill keep that in mind, its always good to have a comeback when things go wrong.

shame to hear your breaking the rado down :( but i know youve had your struggles with engine problem / stealth etc in the past and it does get to a point. if youve got any bits that would compliment mine on itb's let me know as i'd be interested. (im not trying to encourage you to break btw :) )

and please do let me know when you decide to sell the rocco :norty: i'd rather a mk1 rocco than a rado any day! 1st dibs if it hasnt already been called :lol:

hey pal, you could also try allisport for a rad - i think you can google them.

they are near me, so i could always pick it up for you and take it to salisbury next time i see the mrs...

hey pal, you could also try allisport for a rad - i think you can google them.

they are near me, so i could always pick it up for you and take it to salisbury next time i see the mrs...

ok pete, ill give them a buzz soon and find out.

cheers mate

Oooooh, where did you get them from Chris?

got the jenveys from a nice guy on edition (for a steal in my opinion too :D )

these little things are expensive direct from jenvey! they came with the complete linkage kit too :clap:

just need trumpets and a filter for them now. then its manifold time.

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

:lol:

is anyone any good at straightening body parts out?

im not in any hurry to do this again! everything in that xray is meant to be straight and spaced out + not broken lol.

Very :camp:

Loving the car mate hope your limp biscuit gets better soon.

lol looked alot like this :camp: went the same colour too :lol:

cheers buddy :)

ouch! how did you do that?

snowboarding a dry slope. i will never do dry slope again after this!

pain killers must be wearing off, my neck is killing me this morning!

good wrist (not mine)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf2396749355_31debfa54d.jpg[/attachment:1etq23rs]

my wrist

photo.jpg[/attachment:1etq23rs]

niiiice, im guessing you'll be having pins. the worst bit is having em taken out. its such a weird feeling, i kno this from having pins removed xmas eve! lol but i punched a lampost in a drunken rage! :D

so after stripping it for everything its worth, you'd like someone to bring it back to life at their cost? ;)

Nice corrado :notworthy: Please can you write me what is the size of wheels and tires? Thanks a lot

Nice corrado :notworthy: Please can you write me what is the size of wheels and tires? Thanks a lot

Cheers, its not anymore :roll:

8 x 15 front (195/45/15)

8.5 x 15 rear (195/45/15)

a sad day :(

ive had a lot of fun with this car, lots of memories :)

no doubt ill own another in the future.

The end......

Mods, if you would do the honours of locking this thread.