Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

top gear, Sunday 8pm repeated wednesday 7pm BBC2

Well last of the current series but what a way to go...

"We could have turned up on Bobby Charlton's back" :lol:

One-armed sound-man... :nuts:

Hamster's "Bad Winner" exhibition... :notworthy:

Oh and world's Ugliest (and quickest) supercar! :pukeright:

Shame only 6 programmes though! :scratch:

Missed all but the last 10mins of it! So need to catch the repeat on fri, to really see what it was all about!

So James May is the Stig!.....who would have thought it! :tongue:

Clarkson needs to read his history books though!.....listing the battle of Jutland in his end summary thing?!?!? :scratch:

Shame only 6 programmes though! :scratch:

Was it that many this time? Thought it was only 4 or 5?

6 episodes is a standard season for UK shows though. Americans get 24 (IIRC) shows to a season. Bigger budgets and audiences and all that.....

Shame really, as Dragons Den and Top Gear are pretty much the only two shows worth an hour of my time these days....

Was at the cinema last night so missed this - thank heavens for iPlayer - I know what i'll be watching tonight!

Missed all but the last 10mins of it! So need to catch the repeat on fri, to really see what it was all about!

So James May is the Stig!.....who would have thought it! :tongue:

Clarkson needs to read his history books though!.....listing the battle of Jutland in his end summary thing?!?!? :scratch:

Was at the cinema last night so missed this - thank heavens for iPlayer - I know what i'll be watching tonight!

OOPS should have put "Spoiler" in big letters then?? (Good job I didn't mention Spitfires then!)

Kev last few series were between 7-9 episodes but seemed longer thanks to Snooker! :nuts:

No way Jezza rolled the Alfa - camera working before and after but zero footage of him actually rolling it. Complete set up - what's the sodding point?

Very funny episode though; the bits that were genuine anyway.

*ring ring*

Rob, it's the Ladies' Bonnet hire shop. They want to know if you want your bee back?

:bad-words:

I could believe that he did roll it. Cameras don't like being thrown about a lot as it's hard to get the heads to keep a decent signal onto the magnetic tape. The picture will break up as he rolls and come back after.

Having said that, a lot of stuff is staged, so meh whatever. It's good fun to watch, so what do you care? Besides, this is *so* last week...

That's the thing though - you don't even get any footage of anything remotely like a crash ... and from memory the camera's working fine once the car is on its side so you can't say it conked out altogether.

Is there anywhere you can find the pictures that Clarkson puts up on the screen that they obviously can't show before 9pm?

Yep just done that myself as was also at the cinema watching batman (bloody good film btw) and doing other certain things as well ;)

Very funny episode!! I usually dont like the star in a reasonably priced car but this one was brilliant with Jay Kay :lol: And the whole England Vs Germany bit was hilarious!! Hamster's win celebrations :lol:

Yeah - the Dark Knight was absolutely fan bleeding tastic.

Top Gear was a good crack too - the Germany challenge was actually pretty good fun with some great bits - "Jeremy - my arms come off!!" :D

Same here Jim, I dont like none of this reality tv or dancing/singing competition b0ll0x.

Hear hear!

Is it me, or was the last season very short?

Why is it most other BBC shows have an unbroken, set amount of shows per season, but TG seems to have 4 shows one season, 5 the next, then 6 and gets shunted / cancelled around other programs, like snooker and olympics bollox?

I think the limit on the number of shows is down to the sheer amount of expense that they must incur in each episode. Destruction derby's, flying the crew out to Japan, etc can't be cheap.

But it does pi$$ me off how it has to move for (as Jezza normally says) Billiards or croquet, etc all the time!

Hopefully there will be more than 6 episodes this season!!

First episode sounds pretty good BTW - even the star in a reasonably priced car isn't a total tool! Good old Parky!

Motoring news and views from the usual team. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May decide to buy second hand lorries, despite knowing almost nothing about the world of trucks, and then set about discovering how easy it is to be an HGV driver. Jeremy is also on the test track with a scary Porsche 911, a tame Lamborghini Gallardo and a surprisingly talented Labrador. And chat show legend Michael Parkinson is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

according to a mate at the Beeb, the summer season always tends to be 6 episodes, where the autumn/winter one is usually 10-12... no idea why :?

i know they're doing an Eastern Bloc segment this series as they contacted the Tatra Register UK (which i edit the newsletter for) to see if we could loan them a car for the test. the chairman's T-603 was duly dispatched to them last monday, but as Ian handed over the keys they told him that they'd already decided the car that 'won' the test was a Skoda... :scratch: ...which removes a bit of the myth again :confused4:

if anyone's still awake reading this, we have the same car on our stand at the NEC in a fortnight :)

according to a mate at the Beeb, the summer season always tends to be 6 episodes, where the autumn/winter one is usually 10-12... no idea why :?

i know they're doing an Eastern Bloc segment this series as they contacted the Tatra Register UK (which i edit the newsletter for) to see if we could loan them a car for the test. the chairman's T-603 was duly dispatched to them last monday, but as Ian handed over the keys they told him that they'd already decided the car that 'won' the test was a Skoda... :scratch: ...which removes a bit of the myth again :confused4:

if anyone's still awake reading this, we have the same car on our stand at the NEC in a fortnight :)

Tatra built agricultural equipment too didn't they?

Its all scripted and apparently written by comedy writers and Clarkson himself.

Still, its one of the best shows ever to be shown on TV and I cant wait!!!

:offtopic:

they may have done something, but i wasn't aware of specific agricultural stuff... certainly they made (and still make) a lot of trucks - they've been a big part of the Dakar:

030109_rallyDakar_day8_DeAzevedo_Tatra.jpg

racing_wc01.jpg

...and when they folded their car production in 1997 they were the 3rd oldest car manufacturer after Peugeot and Benz!

:offtopic:

they may have done something, but i wasn't aware of specific agricultural stuff... certainly they made (and still make) a lot of trucks - they've been a big part of the Dakar:

...and when they folded their car production in 1997 they were the 3rd oldest car manufacturer after Peugeot and Benz!

Maybe it was the trucks I was thinking of.

Aweosme pics!

Speaking as an HGV (or rather LGV) driver myself, i'm rather looking forward to seeing how the three of them cope with driving a truck.

I remember when they all had to go out and buy a tractor each :lol: