Sign in to follow this  
millerman

millermans vr6

decided to post up a few pics as i go along sorting my VR

i have fixed a few teething problems after a local garage aparently fixed it a year and a half ago (been off the road shortly after that dec 2006)

i have fixed the following

front left abs sensor

the snaped bolt that goes through the front wishbone(the rear mount) :D nice job that one

replaced the thermostat housing and crack pipe

repaired a car park dent to the rear drivers wheel arch (untill respray in winter time) b4 pic below fixd pic to follow

referb brakes all around

replaced the rear brake lines

i have installed a moon roof and have a set of bbs lm's(reps) to go on with toyo r888 rubber see pics only put 2 on to see how they looked on std shocks

im gonna lower it with springs on std shocks to start with then go for a set of kw's coil overs later

a nice person left this for me after a trip to asda one day To55ers

14052008144-1.jpg

a view from the front (indicators and fogs removed)

14052008143.jpg

standard setup

14052008145-1-2.jpg

moon roof

05062008151-1.jpg

after a clean up

Picture001-1.jpg

the bbs wheels look cool shame about the off road look

Picture-3.jpg

close up of the bbs lm's with toyo r888 rubber[

Picture007-1.jpg

will be lowering it this week end and will take more pics then

kel

Looking good fella. Paintwork looks excellent. Bumper damage does'nt look too bad.

What's the story behind the fogs and indicators being out?

g60_stoney

got them from ebay they are where genuine bbs caps i had to take them to bits to get them fitted but it worked in the end

i only put 2 wheels on yesterday for some pics i have not driven on them yet :(

im gonna lower it this weekend and them refit the lm's and take some more pics then i might even get it M.O.T'd

as well the following week as it was only front rubber that was failing it

vornwend

the fog and blinkers were out as the fogs where cracked and i was going to try to fix them but they where too badly rusted

so i got some nice silver duck tape and thats how they are going to be untill i get new units

nickycooke

cheers mate

looks mint mate, i was looking for a vr in that colour or mine, the colour i got came up first! so i got it! :D really liking the bbs reps they look really nice on a C

looking well smart,loving those wheels! fancy something similar myself, wanting to drop down to 16's after having my koni's fitted. love blackberry c's but then i'm slightly biased!

good work fella!

thanks to all who have replied

i will post some more pics this week end of it lowered with the LM's on

and will try to give her a good polish and wax as well with the meg's 220

then i can start on the paint on the stone chips and will do some b4 and after shot's

once that is done ill will get new roof plastic strips and the fogs from Vw

then its brakes and then who knows

anybody recomend a good set of std size disks and pads i was going for green / red stuff for pads but not sure what to do with disks

kel

here are some more pics of my progress with the VR

so far i have lowered it 14072008169.jpg

i have added rear crystals and crystal side repeaters

14072008168.jpg

i have also added inpro front lights (inpro fogs are on their way)

14072008170.jpg

i have also colour coded the front grill and light surrounds and also the rear number plate holder and still working on the paint and stone chips all over the place

14072008167.jpg

next on the list is new coilovers front and rear disks and pads!

Looks good, I take it there the 7.5in reps? Did you have to fit spacers at all and how close are the front wheels to the coils?

Thats the colour I wanted and wish Id waited now.

yes they are the 7.5's and they fit with no spacers and have plenty of room

the colour is nice once its clean and polished , im in the process of touching up the stone chips and then wet sanding

and polishing at the moment and its taking ages but worth it in the end and far cheaper than a re-spray

and i get to get loads of detail practice too

kel

yes they are the 7.5's and they fit with no spacers and have plenty of room

the colour is nice once its clean and polished , im in the process of touching up the stone chips and then wet sanding

and polishing at the moment and its taking ages but worth it in the end and far cheaper than a re-spray

and i get to get loads of detail practice too

kel

nice car, thats exactly what i did to my car. a good detail can work wonders 8)

have you installed hids in your headlamps?

beleve me the paint is far from great i will do some closeups on my detailng efforts

however once finished it will be perfect !!

erm no i have not installed HID's i have however uprated the loom and that made the lights much better even with the std inpro bulbs that i hear are not so good

dont seem too bad to me.

i ordered the inpro fog/indicators yesterday so should get them in the next week or so

by that time i should have finished the paint and it will all fit together nicely

i think i may remove the rubber side strips from the look on a lot of the cars on here it looks quite good

kel

have done a few more bits to the car

inpro front lights fogs and indicators

corradoaug08003.jpg

corradoaug08004.jpg

i have also added a set of FK rear crystals

corradoaug08005.jpg

corradoaug08007.jpg

i have also fitted a set of weitec hicon GTN shocks which i have to have a final adjusting session with up a little on the rear and down a little on the front .

still got more paint to correct weather permitting typical i take time of work and it rains !! :(

more pics to follow soon

minley road and thanks where are you in farnborough i have seen a couple of c's around 2 vr6's and a copuple of g60's

in fact theres a black one over the road from me

i have only driven it to the mot test station twice since they were fitted so i chose a test station 20 miles from me

i can only say they are fantastic ive never had grip like it on corners where i could normally do 60 mph b4 loosing grip i could do 80-90

they are worth every penny they stick like sh1t to a blanket i love em :D :D :D :D

Thought i would post up some more info as quite a lot has changed since my last post

firstly i have changed my wheels to bbs rc's (thanks to leon for them) not sure if i have posted it but have put on a miltek de cat pipe and

bmc cda , i have had 2 steering wheel changes first an isotta (305 mm) and now i have a momo club (350) which i prefer

i have also added the batt and oil pressure center clocks which i think should have really been std as they look sweet

i have also upgraded to a mk4 header tank and totaly flushed my water system and used g12 plus plus its nice to see where your water level is :D

i have some sp 263's to go in soon (thanks again to leon) and a thermal spacer for the inlet manifold (thanks to kevhaywire once i pay him 2morrow :lol: )

so i hope to see some healthy gains from that and also a thanks to kris for letting me use is double garage to fit em (once he cleares them up :lol: )

also i have fitted 312's front TT brakes and goodridge hoses which make a masive difference to the stopping power pics to follow so over all ive been fairly busy :D