Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

I think I'm going Japanese, I think I'm going Japanese...

I think you should have a drive of a teg and see what you think, it shouldn't really matter what people on an internet forum think as it's your car! :eek:

I think you should have a drive of a teg and see what you think, it shouldn't really matter what people on an internet forum think as it's your car! :eek:

+1

+1

But I base all my actions on the half arsed, ill informed opinions of people who don't actually know me. Isn't that the most efficient way of doing things???

I do seem to be spending more time in public toilets recently.

;)

It's like asking someone to test drive a car for you and buying it off their opinion, what they look for and what you look for are completely different. I guess that's why there are dissagreements over car mods, you don't know what you're going to get till you've shelled out your money, and by that point it's all far too late.

:lol: @ Toad.

Think I'd probably stay with the C, but think you should drive a couple of Tegs and see what you think...

I loved my old VR6, but the only car I've previously owned that I'd buy back without even thinking about it would be my DC2 ITR. The Corrado is a great car, but it doesn't take apart a back road like the Integra does.

It's definitely a car you need to try for yourself, too many people on here moan about lack of torque, no character etc. with nothing to base it on other than being defensive about the Corrado - you just need to accept they're both great cars, albeit in very different ways 8)

Jamie

Would you sell this...

A 1995 Corrado VR6, full VWSH, loads of history, 82,000ish miles and in very good condition...

to buy a 1998/99 Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)?

Nope.

I would sell the Corrado and buy a DC5 Integra......and strap a Garrett GT3076R to it, turn off the VTEC and fit some proper cams and a DTA S60.

Jap cars out of the box are a bit Ready salted for me, but the turbo would make it a more satisfying Beef & Onion flavour.

Amidst the current Jap car frenzy, the DC5 is a real gem and worth plucking out, but I just hate the engine. Blending turbo torque to the brilliant DC5 chassis is a good recipe imo. Haribo star mix versus Tangfastics.... both are tasty, but the tangfastics kick your tastebuds harder....

The DC5 costs considerably more than my Corrado, as would modifing it with a turbo! Nice idea tho dude.

Seems as though I'm going to stick with the Corrado and once I lower it before November and get the alloys refurbed, again before November, I'll love it a bit more.

I've often fancied selling up for a DC2. Awesome cars. I think I'd opt for a decent DC2 over a DC5 personally.

vtec is fine if you like reving your engine to 6k plus to get any power ,

for me i will stick with the vr

i would have loved a vtec when i was 18 but now not a chance

and as already said no soul in the jap crap.