Sign in to follow this  
stevw1

Clutch master vr6

Hi guys,

NEED :help: The master cylinder has gone on my 95 vr apparently there are 3 types? vw are quoting £150 for it :shock: :shock: Where can i get one cheaper o.e. :shrug: ASAP PLEASE !!!

Steve..

There is only one part number for your year of car (93-95) - 358721388

£67+ vat from VW and 3 in the country when I checked last month for someone else.

Hi everyone

I need a clutch master cylinder for a 1992 VR6 but now the part is obsolete and the Golf VR6 one doesn't fit. Does anyone know a way to repair the exisitng one of find a suitable replacement.

Cheers

Ady

get one second hand, I just got one for £25 inc p+p. one thing i would ask though is, are you sure its the master and not the slave?

Cheers swiftkid

It's at the main dealer in Loughborough and they say the seals have gone on it, but can't find a replacement, or a kit to replace the seals. I have been going to Stealth recently, but the car had a battery drain as well and Loughborough was nearer and easier to get home from for me.

If you get a 2nd hand one you maybe getting another dodgy one, where did you get yours from? It's obviously a bit tricky to get 2nd hand parts these days, and I've been sold broken stuff off ebay before.

Cheers

Ady

Hi everyone

I need a clutch master cylinder for a 1992 VR6 but now the part is obsolete and the Golf VR6 one doesn't fit. Does anyone know a way to repair the exisitng one of find a suitable replacement.

Cheers

Ady

Hi pal, you can use a Passat clutch pedal and it all fits fine I think. Check with Pete_Griff, he's done it recently.

Cheers KipVR

I was going to suggest to the garage about Passat ones. They have managed to overhaul my old clutch master cylinder with new seals they got from a local engineering workshop.

Might be worth bearing in mind if anyone has the same problem with the obsolete clutch master cylinder.

Cheers

Ady

Last Corrado VR6 rolled off the production line in May 1995, and already, in 2009, it is IMPOSSIBLE to buy a CLUTCH cylinder??? WTF? That's a somewhat basic component they should have tons of!

I can kinda understand them obsoleting odd little bits of trim, or badges, but basic mechanical components? They really really HATE us don't they?

i have a small firm supplying seals and gaskets - if anyoe has a failed master cylinder post it over, i'll strip it down and get some prices for new seals.

Last Corrado VR6 rolled off the production line in May 1995, and already, in 2009, it is IMPOSSIBLE to buy a CLUTCH cylinder??? WTF? That's a somewhat basic component they should have tons of!

I can kinda understand them obsoleting odd little bits of trim, or badges, but basic mechanical components? They really really HATE us don't they?

I think the garage certainly hates me and my Corrado after all the hassle they had trying to fix it. To be fair to them though, they did get it done and it works well now. I would have thought it was in VW's interests to keep Corrados running because having older good looking coupes on the road will enhance their reputation as a quality car maker.

The garage also traced a battery drain to a n/s door control unit, that apparently controls the central locking and electric windows, but guess what, that part is obsolete as well now! Must be a bad earth or corroded connection because the central locking and windows work fine.

fla looks like your in the right business then..... at some point quite a lot of people will be needing seals for deleted parts.

Interesting. What's up with the door control unit? How much current drain is it causing?

I'm not sure how much drain but they seem to think it's the door contol unit. The battery goes flat after about 3-4 days if the car is left. They tell me the control unit is for the electric windows and central locking, but they all work fine. I was going to take the door card off and have a look later and get the multimeter on it.

Four garages have tried to find the battery drain and these are the only people that have supposedly found the fault.

Hi Everyone,

Still having problems with my clutch master cylinder. The rebuilt one is failing so I went looking for a new one myself. VW still couldn't find one anywhere.

I was told by Eurocar Parts that this was a VW Corrado VR6, they were 100% certain etc, just tried to have a look in the dark under the bonnet but I'm not convinced.

Could anyone confim if this is in fact the right part before I waste another Saturday morning taking it to the garage only to be told that I've got the wrong part, then throwing it at the tool form ECP who assured me it was right.

IMG_8015_1_1.jpg

If it isn't the right part I'm still after one if anyone knows where I can get one

Cheers

Ady

i think the attachment to teh clutch pedal is incorrect (ball joint), but you could probably remove the old one from your failed master and screw that in. It should have a flat section with an eye in it to slot on to the clutch pedal. Otherwise looks fine to me. TBH, i fitted a 16v clutch master in mine, looks a bit weird and the piping is not the same as a VR one, but it was the only one available that worked.

sounds a better route - all new parts then. Supercharged - do you have a part no for the passat pedal - or the year of a passat you should get the pedal from? Cheers

Cheers for the advice everyone. I might still return the part and see if I can find an original master cylinder from a breakers. With the luck I've had with Corrados this year I'll probably get sold the wrong type of Passat pedal to go with the wrong master cylinder :shrug:

Does anyone know the part numbers for the Passat Master and pedal?

Are they direct replacements for the VR items?

I think my Master cylinder is on the way out as I've replaced the clutch, release bearing, swapped the slave and bled the system and still have about an inch of dead pedal at the top and have noticed I have to pull the pedal up a bit until it warms up over the last day or two.

Typically this is straight after I replaced virtually everything else on the car! grrrrrr