Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

Newman 264 deg Camshaft

apparently these camshafts do not require a vernier pulley, and give an increase any opinions on these as ive never messsed with aftermarket cams and also if the engine will take it in its stride, as i not gunna get it set-up again and im about to fit a 65mm pulley soon anyway it is chipped with SNS stage 4?

regards mick

No you don't need a vernier,The engine ecu will take it in its stride but obviously it will be sub optimal.

These ams are fairly mild so you should be ok with idle and emissions etc they just beef up the mid range a bit.

shrichk generally considered to be the best am for a g60.

I'm pleased with mine.

heard a few newman quality issues latley...various things such as the keyway in the wrong place , chunks missing off the lobes and some snapping

id go shrick or keep the oem

i opted for the newman cam anyway, i done a little digging into the snapping issues and it basically a load of rubbish, most the snapping was down to external influences like other parts of the engine coming loose, and it was all race cars it happend on anyway except for one rado i think which had done like 160k anywa :salute: , there has been a big fuss kicked up because there trying their best to basically change camshaft sponsors for new season thats all, well from what ive found out anyway 8) , orderd a 65mm pulley too so should have little me pull in the old girl after this week

:clap: