Sign in to follow this  
AlgarveVR6

Wishbones

Hi All

Being a bit thick as usual. My wifes C failed IPO inspection here in Portugal. Turns out its the front suspension bushes in what I think is the wishbone. The wishbone is the triangular (nearly) pressed steel bit on the front suspension. Guy at the garage, who doesn't speak good english so comms are limited, asked if it is possible to buy with the bushes, or can you buy the bushes seperate.

Please bear in mind I have no access to GSF or the like here, and have to use VW, or pay mega postage.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Dic

PS Sorry to be thick

Yes you can buy the wishbone with bushes pre-fitted, OR you can buy the bushes seperately if you prefer.

It would be easier to buy the whole thing and you get the bottom ball joint with it too ..

excellent news.

Presume VW charge stupid money. What am I talking about, of course they will.

Oh well, there goes my new surfboard. :(

Anyone any idea on VW list price inc bushes. Might get both done at the same time

excellent news.

Anyone any idea on VW list price inc bushes. Might get both done at the same time

UK price they are around £70ea.

i bought some not long ago from VW and think i paid £75 each side and they come with the bushes all fitted, i think they call them track arms or something like that iirc

excellent news.

UK price they are around £70ea.

Yup, just bought a set for mine :(

If you're dropping the wishbones out, chances are you may well need new ball-joints with their retaining plate and bolts too, which is another £25 or so a side from VAG.

Alternatively, some Febi wishbones complete with bushes can be bought from http://www.vwspares.co.uk for £27.50 a pop - http://www.vwspares.co.uk/corrado_suspension.php

If you're feeling really tight, then you can just buy the bushes, which are peanuts from vwspares and about £50 all-in from VAG.

They also sell a nice little kit with the ball joint, bracket, 3 bolts and nut for £6.50 a side (£25 from VAG) - http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info. ... cts_id=592

Not sure how much/if postage out to Portugal is though...

If you're after VAG part numbers, I can have a rummage and post them up for you if needs be...

Bloody hell you lot are good.

Prices, part numbers, pics.

Can anyone bring them over and you can stay at mine for a bit, and have some sun. Oh and if you can fit them too, even better.

Dic