Sign in to follow this  
Danny Ess

How are corrados like to live with?

Hi,

My VR worst ever trip 17 mpg over 15 miles (late for work)

used to get about 27.6 mpg this is a mix of flat out at times and not so others but always a little spirited

now get 32.2 now I have calmed down a little plus petrol prices make me thing about my lead foot.

best ever jorney 39mpg but moterways most of the jorney.

Not had many probs with mine and its a hiigh miler at 167000 but she still goes when I want her to and sounds great. No other car in my bugdet even comes close on sound.

Reliability owned it for 4 years. had 1 fuel pump go £25 for second hand

all the cooling system needed to be done but did it as it needed to be done not in one go, Most expensive was rad at £110ish most other parts quite cheep between £10 and £40 as its only plastics in the engine bay. I also had the syspension done last year. that is all I have spent in 4 years on a 16 year old car which I think is good. know pleanty of people run up bigger bills on more modern cars and they don't have the fun driving like I do as they own boring normal stuff.

whatever you decide on in the end do some research and drive a few before buying as some corrado's will not give you much trouble but there are utter dogs out there you should avoid.

Oh also take someone wirh you for advise and lots of will power so you don't just fall in love and buy the first one you go and see like I did :D

yeah il need someone to have a look :D ive never even sat in a corrado :D as i dont know anyone who has one or anyone round my way that has one. And i have no car at the moment to get to meets to see if there are any :D

What have u had done monkey?

Had all 4 calipers removed and cleaned up (brakes were speaking and driving me crazy) and then had the thermostat housing replaced and the slight coolant leak fixed, think a couple of pipes too and that was about €300/£230 and then I'm having the brake bias replaced (as its proper dead), but they couldn't remove it the first time, so they are having to drop the rear axel, replace the brake bias, and replace both big bushes at either end of the axel while they are at it too (I'm told they're quite expensive) and obviously its a lot of labour and that particualr job is being quoted at €580/£460 and being done Oct 2nd.

Hopefully the car will pass the upcoming TUV/MOT it has in November!!!

(brakes were speaking and driving me crazy)!

Sorry to break this to you buddy but your already crazy if your brakes are speaking to you! :lol:

(brakes were speaking and driving me crazy)!

Sorry to break this to you buddy but your already crazy if your brakes are speaking to you! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :cuckoo:

And 28mpg from an 80s 2.9L engine, which has to haul around 1300kg is fantastic imo. I don't know why VR6 owners keep going on about the cost of ownership. It's all relative to the car's configuration and performance.

I agree completely. I think it goes back to the problem of cars which are cheap to buy but can bite you in the wallet if you're not careful. Rados fall firmly into that category.

In the general scheme of things they're cheap as chips. My mate clipped the plastic splitter on his GT3 coming off the ferry a few weeks ago (a part which Porsche make to be ‘disposable’) £200 please. And tyres. I recently put 4 Contis on my VR for £320. You’ll only get one for that price on most modern Porsches!