stu

Bentley manual & Internet Explorer v6

Try searching for and changing the file named symcjit.dll to symcjit.old (you may have to change the permissions or take ownership of the file to rename it)

VR6-er - I've just noticed your thread addressed to me. Thanks very much for the concern. I'm afraid I've not read through this item for some time, as it was getting a bit techy for me! I'll read it all through from the start and get back to you all. :D

Oh, and i'm on broadband.

IE is microshaft. Enough said.

Try downloading the new version of Mozilla, from http://www.mozilla.org .

It's open source and lots lots better than ie. just make it your default browser and be done with the evil that is IE.

I don't have the Bentley CD so can't test it in mozilla, but it's definately worth a try.

Chris

Stu,

i have a similar problem.

when i load mine the only tab that i can use is the search tab the other 2 are just blank which is a bit of a pain in the ar*e cos its not that easy to find what you are looking for! :?

its about the compatibility with Internet Explorer Version6. apparently it works fine with V5.5 but you can't downgrade as it it an intergrated part of your o/s so if you alter that at all it will make you system critically unstable and possibly not even boot!! :shock:

i would be interested if anyone has a way round these problems! is there a patch or something that you can download from somewhere??

Hi,

Just looked at this thread and on my work laptop I had to do the following to get it to show the two other tabs:

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, click on tab, , and in the "Exceptions" box enter the IP address that the Bentley CD quotes when you click on the tabs - 127.0.0.1

This totally cured the problem, so in case anyone has a similar problem in the future this may help. May only apply to people using their work computers like me which default to a proxy server unless otherwise specified in the above settings.

Not a tech head, so sorry if I appear to be talking rubbish, or if you've all found another way around the issue!

G.

I left this guy some neutral feedback on E-Bay - not negative - only neutral

I just said it took a lot of faffing about to get it to work and he got shitty saying it's a fault with my computer!

I have since left him a note to come and check out this thread if he does'nt beleive me.

So If you are reading this -

Maybe you should atempt to address the problem or at least let people know that it does not work well with IE6 etc in your ad. Instead your first reaction is to slate the buyer for identifying a problem with the goods! Still at the end of the day your nothing more than a software pirate and we are foolish enough to line your pockets. Tosser :p

hi...i need the serial code to install it...can anyone supply me??

cheers :lol:

Struggling onm this one guys - tried Oichans methid and LHDG60s methods but all i get is the page with the Wiring diagram and search tabs but with a screen saying "this page cannot be displayed". What else can I try. BTW, I have a P4 running XP on my desktop.

cheers

Struggling onm this one guys - tried Oichans methid and LHDG60s methods but all i get is the page with the Wiring diagram and search tabs but with a screen saying "this page cannot be displayed". What else can I try. BTW, I have a P4 running XP on my desktop.

You have a P4 - Have you renamed the files I listed earlier in the thread???

Supercharged - yes I have. There are other users that can log on ot this terminal, although there is no network in the office. You think this may affect it? I'll try it on my laptop tonight - also runs XP Home edition. I'd still want o look at it in the office when necessary and not just rely on the laptop though. JoebloggsVR69 I cant remember how many times i've installed and then deinstalled it - using the uninstall wizard (best way to do it?)

Okay this is what I did.

- Uninstall / reinstall

- I didnt rename any of my files

- I added http://127.0.0.1 to Internet Explorer's 'Trusted Sites' list

- Run the app, and it works 8)

*To add http://127.0.0.1 to the trusted sites list (Internet Explorer), Click Tools > Internet Options > Security then click on the 'Trusted Sites' icon.

Press the 'Sites' button just below it, and add http://127.0.0.1 to the list

Works for me when it's in my trusted sites, and it doesnt if I remove it. I'm using an AMD XP machine, but I dont see what difference it makes if you have a P4 :?

tried that, no luck though. Dont really know what to try next as I've tried all the options listed so far.

the microsoft firewall was running so I've now turned that off. Pop-up blocker is also off, but still the same message of "the page cannot be displayed". B****rd.

OK the laptop is a P3 which had a firewall running - turned this off. No luck. PC does nt have a firewall but runs Norton antivirus, so turned this off before teh install. No luck. Tried clicking the 127 URL directly to see the bently page but I get the "cant be displayed" message again. WTF is going on? Tried emailing the guy who supplied it but he's not telling me anything new. Now I'm really getting p*****d off, but 60 smackers is too much for a service guide.

had similar problems with a P4 running XP home. tried all suggestions but still got 'page cannot be displayed'. I have a work around though, after renaming symcjit.dll and adding the trusted site, open the bentley program in the usual way, go to your browser window that will probably still show 'page cannot be displayed' or be blank depending on your browser.

Click File - Open and browse and open the Index file that is located in dierctory Bentley Publishers\ vwct\ index\Index.html

This shoud open the repair manual index screen and you can use the hyperlinks from there.

The same can be done with the wiring diagrams index located in the same directory as above, the file is called wd.html

I would suggest that you bookmark/add to favourites these files so you don't have to browse for them evey time.

After opening these files in your browser you can navigate the manual via the tabs.

Works for me have tried in IE6, Mozilla Firebird and Firefox.

Hope this helps

funboxvr6 you are the daddy of Bentley! Spot on and now i've got good access to the pages.

Now, when I type in "Camshaft position sensor" it simply gives me the list of wiring diagrams, but no illustrations of location and where it's attached. Any ideas?