Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

the constant battle- type r's and g60's

I am increasingly being led to believe that I am alone in this but does anyone else out there not give a rat's ass about what their car can and can't beat? Mate, there's more to life. If you build a G60 that can beat Type Rs where are you going to go from there? Are you going to try to build one that can beat R8s or something?

I agree although your arguement however I am not ashamed to say that I like the performance of the g60 and I also get a kick out of tying to improve upon it.So in that sense it is natural for people to draw comparisons to other cars with a similar level of performance hence the comparison to the type R.

It's not about having the fastest thing on the road.It is more about trying to get the most of what VW served up 15 or so years ago.

Each to their own bud.

I am increasingly being led to believe that I am alone in this but does anyone else out there not give a rat's ass about what their car can and can't beat? Mate, there's more to life. If you build a G60 that can beat Type Rs where are you going to go from there? Are you going to try to build one that can beat R8s or something?

I agree although your arguement however I am not ashamed to say that I like the performance of the g60 and I also get a kick out of tying to improve upon it.So in that sense it is natural for people to draw comparisons to other cars with a similar level of performance hence the comparison to the type R.

It's not about having the fastest thing on the road.It is more about trying to get the most of what VW served up 15 or so years ago.

Each to their own bud.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for modding and enhancing a car's performance. And I agree it is natural for people to draw comparisons. For me though it is about the whole driving experience, the look, the feeling, and of course the speed all play a huge part in it. VW themselves didn't stick a supercharger on their 8 valve engine to make pottering around in the slow lane more enjoyable. It's just that I love my Rado for what it is. Perhaps one day when it's a bit more sound mechanically I'll go down the road of getting more power from it, but only to enhance the driving experience. Just to go faster, not specifically to go faster than some other car.

I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm just happy my car is still on the road at all.... :lol:

Cool. :)

I did say to friend a while ago that it is nice to stop obsessing about modding the car and just enjoy it for what it is.

And on the "Jap car" front..

I admire the Jap cars.They deserve alot of respect but I can't imagine me owning one.Not in my present state of mind.

Its not hard to see why they are popular though.

I love Japanese cars. My first ever car was a Corolla 1.6 16v and I loved it (every car I've ever owned since has been a VW). My girlfriend drives a gen 7 Celica and that is brilliant. Also some of the Nissan stuff is incredible. I wouldn't mind a 350z to be honest. Especially given the prices they go for these days. It's a lot of car for the money.

my girlfriend has a starlet turbo.,automatic. id say its as fun to drive as the corrado, so much more of a toy than the C. the corrado is just a nice comfortable drive, where the starlet feels as tho it just wants to be boshed all the time! i love it but i love my C. big respect to jap cars you can get so much for so little. perfect example a mate of mine has a 200sx. s14a . stage 1 which if i remember correctly exhaust, filter, remap, fuel pump gets it to +250hp! thats almost a 60hp gain from such a little amount of stuff. with mine, exhaust, filter, cams, remap, will get me 35-40hp! lol just because its a blower it gets so much more. they are a cheap fast car now but i love the corrado and love what i got :D

I think you need to look at the bigger pic boys who do you thinks fastest Kate Beckinsale or Paula Radcliffe

:lol: :notworthy:

I think you need to look at the bigger pic boys who do you thinks fastest Kate Beckinsale or Paula Radcliffe

Kate would be faster over 100m.

:tongue: