Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Switch colour service - not currently taking orders

After changing my own interior illumination on my G60 to red to bring it up to date, I decided that I would offer this to anyone wanting it done. I have done some work for folks on here more by word of mouth than anything, so thought I would put up a thread offering my services. While the ones I have done have been in red, I can change the illumination on early or later Corrado, to anything I can find the right LED's and bulbs for.

The cost £5 per switch (plus a couple of quid postage), and when you send them through to me I can turn them around in a couple of days. Below are a couple of examples of ones I have done. Also, I am happy to discuss any specific needs you might have (changing the heater controls colour for example).

Colours available, red, blue, green (yes brighter green), white, colour cycling (trippy) - or ask if you want something else.

Update: Late fog, demister and headlight are red/green/yellow/orange etc only round the edge, I can't do a blue ring. I can still to the icon in the middle in blue though :D Sorry guys, this seems to be a factor of how the switches are made and is really annoying (can't dismantle the switch and remove the coloured filter without destroying it) :( Also, given the extra work in colour changing 2 parts these are £8 per switch (just for these late style ones)

If you are interested drop me a PM. Thanks

EDIT - Sorry folks but I'm not currently taking orders for new switches (as of August 09)

Good work looking good.

If I hadnt bought a green stereo today I would have been in touch for some red switches! :(

Good work looking good.

If I hadnt bought a green stereo today I would have been in touch for some red switches! :(

Thnaks mate. Is the stereo just green - or is it green with amber, green with blue etc? It's always possible to do some switches to match mixed colour schemes.

Good work looking good.

Thnaks mate. Is the stereo just green - or is it green with amber, green with blue etc? It's always possible to do some switches to match mixed colour schemes.

No I got it specifically for the fact it was all green.

Thats OK Leonard - just thought I would check.

You can do Kempy - however most of the cost is just to cover the time to do it really. Some switches are more time consuming than others (and some require 12v leds and others 2v, and some are even done best with coloured bulbs etc), but as most people are wanting whole interiors doing, then this all averages out. Please PM me if you want to discuss further and I'll see what I can do.

UPDATE - I've ordered blue led's (to add to the reds I already have) now so will be able to do those in about a week :clap:

I am after

Headlights

both windows

sunroof

rear screen demister

fogs switch.

Think thats 7.

All of them tbh. Would be good if you could do the heater surround as well.

In blue.

I have a spare headlight switch so think I could live without the rest for a couple of days!! (Daily Driver)

Give me an idea of price and turnaround if you could.

Cheers Tim

Hi All

Jonathan just done all my switches on my car and the work is top notch, Would recommend his work to anyone wanting a update from the dull green bulbs in there switches. Really does brighten up the cabin having LED red switch gear 8)

Heres a not very good pic:-

Thanks for the reco Supercharged Junkie and glad you like them :D

I've ordered some white leds today folks. I'm going to try modifying the early style heater controls with these to make them more evenly illuminated (and to be able to do custom colour schemes as I have done on mine). Will keep you all posted...

Also useful if anyone fancies a set of white illuminated switches for a really clean look (as in the mirror switch below).

Whats the deal with the heater controls? are they a pain in the bum?

The light pipe on the early heater controls is basically pants - you don't get good illumination to the ends using a single bulb. On the one currently in my car I have grafted in a couple of extra 12v miniature bulbs and that provides better illumination, however I am thinking by adding in a number of white wide angle leds in different spots I can get a really even bright lighting setup. Taking the thing apart I can make custom icon colours (again as I have with mine, and attached below is one I am working on at the moment). Only problem is of course it is very fiddly. However as I say, when they come through I'll give it a go and feedback how it looks.

mine is a later heater

Doh. With the later ones people have tried 3 different routes. Electroluminescent wire (which requires a 12V to AC adaptor), lots and lots of 3mm red LED's, or a red light pipe spider from some Seat or certains Passats if I recall. They all seem to have their problems (especially complexity) and from what I've seen on the threads is none of them look particularly neat from the back. Thing is, I have an early heater setup, so have not played with the later ones...

Just a quick update for anyone wanting work done, blue LEDs should be arrriving this week. Also ordered some diffuse whites, so I'll be seeing how they work with the early heater controls :D

Hi Jonathan

Me again, let us know how you get on with the early style heater....I think the bulb in mine finally lost interest in working anymore :)

Also if you get the light output sorted, any chance of redoing mine like you done yours...Looks well cool like that

Cheers

Ian

Hi Jonathan

Me again, let us know how you get on with the early style heater....I think the bulb in mine finally lost interest in working anymore :)

Also if you get the light output sorted, any chance of redoing mine like you done yours...Looks well cool like that

Cheers

Ian

Will do Ian. When the LEDs arrive I'll have a play and see how it looks. I get the feeling it will be quite complex as it needs lots of light, but evenly distributed, but I definately think it will 100x better than the original. If you have a custom colour scheme in mind then that shouldn't be a problem either - I'll pm you one of the low res designs I have later and you can see what you think of the colours.