Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Switch colour service - not currently taking orders

Hi!

I've managed to do all my switches except the heater panel which I realised is a complete mission!

I'd like the LED one but my LEDs are all blue as they match the stereo illumination so...

...Is it possible to do the standard icon sheet but with blue illumination on the power dial, blue on the position slider incons and red on the line, and then blue fading to red on the heat slider with a blue square and a red square

Basically the same colours as the EL one up there but with blue instead of clear and LEDs not EL!

One more thing - is it possible to change the Lighter illumination - yours is red but i'm guessing thats off an audi? Might be the way to go!

Cheers!

Tom

Hi Tom, I'll PM you the plan for the controls, just to see if I have everything right :D As for the lighter illumination, mine was actualy off a Mk4 golf (which is orange/red as standard) and I replaced the bulb with a red led. I did this so I could fit the Tourag torch in there (they don't fit in the standard lighter sockets as they are too big a diameter). To do blue you'd need to find either a clear or a blue one as any hint or red/green/orange etc is just going to throw it off blue.

Jon, does the LED white version light up the actual controls better?

Also does anyone have a spare fan knob and heater sliders? I feel an experiment with GITD paint coming on! :lol:

It lightens the transparent section on the knob, but not as much as it lightens everything else. It is perfectly visible when the interior is fully dark though. Obviously though the sliders themselves aren't illuminated as standard, so you're relaying on ambient light for those :( Fluorescent paint may work here :shrug:

Nice one Jon, PM me deatil and I'll get my spare panel out to you!

I'm going to play with Glow-in-the-dark paint and put some "oem" lines (Like on the fan switch) to see if that makes them a bit more visable at night!

Another quick update folks. Now in full swing doing led and EL sheet versions of the early heater controls. I tried the EL sheet with the original icon sheet and I think it looks fab :D and of course would be totally stock in appearance. I can do these for the same price as the custom ones as outlined above if anyone is interested.

Hi Jon!

Thanks very much - my heater controls and sunroof switch now look the business! :)

I still havent forgotten about you, really looking fwd to having my switches done. Last thing to do though. Keep up the good work, looking REALLy good.

Cheers Leonard. Just drop me a PM when you need them doing. I have green LED's in so should be able to turn them round pretty quick :D

Just had these through from Kempy - cheers mate and glad you like them :D

Jonathan,

I'll be in touch in the new year again if you are still doing them, the girlfriend bought a VR6 today so will do the switches when I have a bit more money.

Stefan

Jonathan,

I'll be in touch in the new year again if you are still doing them, the girlfriend bought a VR6 today so will do the switches when I have a bit more money.

Stefan

Hi Stefan, Yep still doing them, so drop me a note in the new year :D

I'm still really keen on doing this, I've just had so many other little things to deal with on the Corrado lately, that cosmetic's have had to come second.

There is a scrappy near me with 3 x Corrado's so I'm going to go and pinch all their switches and late-model heater controls (if you can do the late-model heater controls?)

The switches look brilliant, I'm going to get them in OEM style red, which I think will contrast the standard green dials illumination. :luvlove:

I'm still really keen on doing this, I've just had so many other little things to deal with on the Corrado lately, that cosmetic's have had to come second.

There is a scrappy near me with 3 x Corrado's so I'm going to go and pinch all their switches and late-model heater controls (if you can do the late-model heater controls?)

The switches look brilliant, I'm going to get them in OEM style red, which I think will contrast the standard green dials illumination. :luvlove:

Hi Monkey, thanks for keeping me up to daye, don't worry we all have those little things crop up (part of the joys of Corrado ownership :lol: ). Actually the late heater controls are the only ones I don't do - best to have a word with kipVR on those - he has organised a buy with the supplier to get laser cut EL sheet in the right shape for late heater controls. Just drop me a PM when you need my details for shipping etc. Jonathan

Hey,

How much for both electric windo switches and headlight switch in red?

Thanks

Out of interest is this for a later or early interior (not that the cost would be different, just that they are slightly different to work on). That would be £20 including the postage mate :D. Drop me a PM if you'd like more details.

Just received mine today, top lad, and kept updated at all times, all fitted and looking great, so much better than the dull green, brings the interior up to date and still looks OEM

Thanks Jonathan

Just received mine today, top lad, and kept updated at all times, all fitted and looking great, so much better than the dull green, brings the interior up to date and still looks OEM

Thanks Jonathan

Thanks Mike :D

I've decided to make up to 10 of my illuminated spoiler control switches in the New Year. I'm going to be limiting it to 10 as to be honest they are a pain to do, but they are a unique mod. As with the other switch gear it will be case of sending through your spoiler switch and then I can do the work in the colour you need (it will take me a few nights to do each one). I can then send them back with instructions.

These are going to be available at a cost of £40 each - this is a reflection of the time taken to make them.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll add your name to the list.

1. Junkie (original green)

2. The delta force (red)

3. Das golf (red)

4. _leon_ (original green)

That looks very cool, I didn't even know the switch lit up! I don't think mine lits green at the moment?!

Thanks Monkey, but they don't light up normally - they were never designed to. For some reason VW decided to not have that switch lit (perhaps because it's out of the way). Hence why I'm offering a few 'custom' switches which I modify, rebuild the front of to let light through (what you see in the picture is not the original front), and install an LED. Takes quite a long time to make it look good, and is fiddly to say the least, hence the cost.

After Christmas all the work on my 'C' is finished and then I'm going to my local scrappy, that has 3/4 Corrado's, ripping out all their switches etc and posting them to you!

Ok Monkey :D but the spoiler ones are strictly one per person :lol:

how the hell do you do teh spoiler switch???

whats the fronty made from how do you replicate the sign on it??

very clever.....

like it would love to try and do my own.. :sad:

cant justify £40 for something i cant quite see...... yes im a tight ass hole....

but it does look sooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!

Better late than never. I finally fiited the heater control with EL sheet and inverter today. Not the best picture but the controls are bright!!! :D :D :D

Count me in for the spolier switch Jonathan.

Stefan

Cool, thanks for the pic Stefan - looks great. I'll put you down for a spoiler switch mate :D BTW, the brightness should change when you vary the headlight illumination (on the dimmer) if all has gone to plan...