Sign in to follow this  
_Monkey

Ebay Issues! HELP!!

Well I'm having a few problems trying to become a Corrado owner again! :(

I won this on Monday night. As soon as I'd won it, I messaged him asking about pickup etc and left my number.

Since then I've had no replies.

How long should I leave it before reporting him...or am I being a little eager to get my hands on a Corrado again? :cuckoo:

Judging by his feedback he seems like a decent bayer who's bought a few dub bits, give it a few more days but I can imagine your gagging to get your mits on it!

Nick

Mate, that looks like a good buy. Especially for that money. As already said his feedback is pretty good. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. Maybe he's gone away for a few days?

So, no service history for 25k miles..

But still, got to be a decent buy for that kind of cash. Why do people sell cars on ebay? They have to be in such perfect condition to reach market value it's just not worth it otherwise.

Remember he's Welsh, Dave - it can take a while for things to sink in for us lot :lol:

Looks like a nice one anyway, love them in Silver! I'm sure it wont be staying a straight 16v for long knowing you 8)

Remember he's Welsh, Dave - it can take a while for things to sink in for us lot :lol:

Looks like a nice one anyway, love them in Silver! I'm sure it wont be staying a straight 16v for long knowing you 8)

Funny you should say that Dave...I've already sold the engine!!!!! :norty:

Welll if everything turns out ok and you get ther car AND you have plans to chuck the engine......

i'll buy the exhaust off you lol

Starting to look like maybe the guy doesn't want to sell it for that amount!

If I was selling a car on Ebay, I'd certainly be around to see how much it went for and contact the seller at least within a few days.

Fingers crossed though.

Starting to look like maybe the guy doesn't want to sell it for that amount!

I'm thinking the same thing :(

It went right on the reserve, to be honest, I didn't think it would go for that little. Looks like he didn't either! :mad2:

I've just sent him an email saying that if I don't hear anything back from him by Monday I will be "taking matters further"

Something tells me I still won't get a reply! :brickwall:

Well I rang the number listed on ebay, which led me to his home.

After a brief chat with his mum, I was told he'd sold the car and she gave me his mobile number.

Now he's not picking his phone up! :bad-words:

Something tells me this thread ain't gonna end well! :sad:

nightmare!!

i'm having a bit of a problem with ebay too!!

bought some rear shocks and legs for my car, payed the money and now its all gone quiet!!

hope it ends well for ya!!!

rob.

report the arshole and bad feedback is a must people like this get right up my nose

not everything we sell gets the price you want but thats life

and to sell a car and not remove the auction is crap

you entered into a legally binding contract with him buy winning

i have had this happen to me one an auction then the guy said "oh i wanted more than that " so he was reported and it was not the first time he had done this so he got banned " good enough "

if you cant play fair dont play at all .

Well I rang the number listed on ebay, which led me to his home.

After a brief chat with his mum, I was told he'd sold the car and she gave me his mobile number.

Now he's not picking his phone up! :bad-words:

Something tells me this thread ain't gonna end well! :sad:

What an Ah*le :censored:

I hope you haven't paid a deposit.

Not much you can do now other than report him to eBay and leave him negative feedback.

If you really want to go after him then i suggest you try having a word with Trading Standards.

Gutted for you :(

Some people should just put a reserve on their auction. It's not brain surgery. The whole point of Ebay is that it is a buyer's market. That's why things often go cheaply on it because the buyers decide what they want to pay and dictate the price something goes for. You should be prepared for that when you list something in any auction. The problem is it is a very faceless way of selling something so people feel they can get away with screwing people around or not being entirely honest.

I say take anyone to the cleaners who messes you around on Ebay.

where is he based?

Pontipridd, I usually get nothing but good things with the welsh dubbers :?

The car went right on the reserve price, I think he expected it to spike at the end(to be honest, so did I!). Well I've given him a deadline of tomorrow before I report him and ruin his 100% feedback rating.

Ahhh well the hunt continues!

Update!!!

I text him this morning as one last attempt at communication and low and behold he replied! :clap:

He said it wasn't the Corrado he'd sold, it was a caddy. He says the Corrado has developed a couple of problems, one being it's a bitch to start from cold and it coughs and backfires till it warms up. The other being the ABS light stays on. I offered him £600 to take it off his hands as is, but he said it owed him too much so I came back with £700. Still waiting for a reply!

Fingers crossed I'll be returning to the forum properly real soon! :lol: