Sign in to follow this  
CTWG60

Cheap Genuine Headlights from TPS.

Just got a pair of early genuine VW headlights for £134 for the pair from TPS. When I picked them up they said they still had stock of O/S but not N/S but worth checking at your local dealer or TPS. The RRP was £158 each!! :eek: The trade or club/discounted price £57.

Ooh interesting - headlights aren't listed as parts club parts on their website, so I think you got a bit of a bargain there... wonder if it was just a one-off or if that's the standard TPS price.

Ooh interesting - headlights aren't listed as parts club parts on their website, so I think you got a bit of a bargain there... wonder if it was just a one-off or if that's the standard TPS price.

Not sure if it's mistake but yip they are cheap I got the invoice which lists the RRP at 157 and the trade/club price at £58, :shrug: the guy who got the price for me was shocked as was the guy I paid when I picked them up. So worth enquiring!

AFAIK it's only the lens thats different between LHD and RHD...

I was told the reflectors are different but don't how true that is and you can't check with ETKA as they list as obsolete. Try VW of TPS and ask for the trade/discounted price.

This TPS i asume you have to be in the trade to get the discouts?

Technically yes, but you can usually blag an account if you mention CCGB membership - especially if you don't want a credit account.

They will need a business (any business) address to deliver to though - they won't deliver to you home.

This TPS i asume you have to be in the trade to get the discouts?

Technically yes, but you can usually blag an account if you mention CCGB membership - especially if you don't want a credit account.

They will need a business (any business) address to deliver to though - they won't deliver to you home.

I just say what's the discount on that and they tell me! :D And then they order it and they ring me when it's in and I go collect it and pay, they know pretty well now so maybe that's why. I don't know if other branches are more difficult to deal with but the Liverpool branch just aren't bothered.

Had a guy from TPS saying genuine corrado mats are cheep at the moment as well. Shame the bloody logo wears off on they quicker that a quick thing..

As ETKA seems to list a bajillion different headlight parts - do you know what the part number is on the ones you've got?

As ETKA seems to list a bajillion different headlight parts - do you know what the part number is on the ones you've got?

536 941 017 and 536 941 018

Hmm, interesting - I was rummaging round ETKA last night and came up with these 2 part numbers - 536 941 017 and 536 941 115

So one matches, but 536 941 115 doesn't... will have to have a look this evening and see what the difference is.

The 115 number was just for a lens Dom. CTW's numbers matched what I looked up, when I was looking at the correct side of the road.