KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Thanks pal, the glovebox ones were really easy to fit too, take glovebox out, quick holsaw, wire them up on the bench with some tails to hook up after you put the glovebox back in, all done inside 1.5hrs easily.

Awesome car! Love the USB port where the cig lighter lived looks proper!

Did the Merc wheels make it onto the car with the 5x112 hubs?

Looking great Kip can I ask where you sourced the bulb's from, a link would be awesome. An R32 daily I have thought about it myself may go down that road yet too I hate it being in the garage most of the time. Keep the updates coming :thumbleft:

Will you be re drilling standard hubs?

Unfortunately not, they are too small on diameter! So it ends up being a lot more involved which is why I've not done it yet!! I'm actually going to have to machine off the entire flange and have a new one welded on, with both 5x100 and 5x112 hole fittings. There are a lot more wheels available in 112 though so it's just about worth it!

5e0ce15f-8298-b099.jpgWell finally after what feels like an age of being stored due to the house building commitments coming first, my Corrado is back with me for me to finish the re-wire. It's not in the new garage yet as you can see, but this one is still better than what i'm used to. I can get the doors fully open which is good when your upside down in the footwell cursing vw's appalling fusebox mess... and I put a timber floor down so it's warm and dry when messing about under the car or at the wheels. Everything looking as it should still, already thinking about going back to a black leather interior! [ATTACH]68959[/ATTACH][ATTACH]68960[/ATTACH][ATTACH]68961[/ATTACH][ATTACH]68962[/ATTACH]

Kip what are the wheel's on the car in the 2nd pic(on the front) they look familiar but can't for the life of me remember :bonk: (maserati??)

5. USB charging points. I've got rid of the cigarette lighter and put USB socket in its place, so now if I'm charging something I don't hit the cable when I change gear

387a0b914633ad59c3d02cc5d49a6be8.jpg

6. Cigarette lighting socket,USB, and volt meter in glovebox. Having got rid of the one on the dash I didn't want to be without a cig socket totally, so I stuck one in the glovebox, also coz I had a spare I put another USB in there- handy for leaving phone charging whilst out of sight I suppose. Voltmeter? just because it came with the USB socket!

8b80446de48d648baeb6cd5bb67d3357.jpg

Great mod - I've been thinking of a similar solution using a three socket block, but yours is a far better idea!

Craftsman..

The benchmark for nicely applied touches and a factory engine bay. I really hope to see this car one day...

Ahh they look similar to Audi Mono's

Yeah they are full face, but they are dished unlike the mono's which go the other way and look a bit odd on the corrado i think.

Great mod - I've been thinking of a similar solution using a three socket block, but yours is a far better idea!

Thanks pal! So easy to do too! The only think I don't like is the USB socket has a blue LED light, I need to change that to green!

Stunning and amazing attention to detail as always! Where did you get the loom protection and t pieces from?

Craftsman..

The benchmark for nicely applied touches and a factory engine bay. I really hope to see this car one day...

Very kind words sir, thank you! It's not everyone's taste, not even mine some days, but I like to think that if I've changed something it's done as well as it practically can be done. Just got my ECU back from a remap at Stealth, what a difference! I still have to go up there for the rr session though. Finally after many years, no more fault codes 😎

Whilst the interior is out, I thought I'd make a pattern for a sub enclosure. Every time I get into the Corrado from the Mk5 I'm always disappointed with the stereo, even my wife who didn't even notice when she had a flat tyre (don't ask!), did notice the crap stereo, actually she asked me why it was broken! So I'm doing a stealth install. Just a simple 5 channel amp one right side of boot and sub enclosure on the left side. Here's the beginnings of the sub enclosure.7d22ce59d26903cd9e7640f891653b56.jpg

Very kind words sir, thank you! It's not everyone's taste, not even mine some days, but I like to think that if I've changed something it's done as well as it practically can be done. Just got my ECU back from a remap at Stealth, what a difference! I still have to go up there for the rr session though. Finally after many years, no more fault codes

Get up for the RR session I am interested to see what has been extracted with the aid of a Stealth map it may even convince me to get mine done by Vince :cheers:

Yeah they are full face, but they are dished unlike the mono's which go the other way and look a bit odd on the corrado i think.

I'll have an update wheel wise soon "I'm impressed" but I'll let you guy's decide if I have done right....

Yeah split conduit mate, didn't want to have to take all the plugs off! The t-pieces etc work well with it.

Impressive, probably the best thought out and subtly modded Corrado IMO.

That's very kind pal, not sure that's actually the case though I am guilty of sitting and looking at the car contemplating changes for absolutely ages!!