KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Wow! This engine change would get a Corrado back on my drive. Good job I'm poor these days! :)

That engine bay looks fabulous, absolute hats off to you...

Wow! This engine change would get a Corrado back on my drive. Good job I'm poor these days! :)

Thanks for the compliments guys :D ,I don't think it'll stay looking like that for long though after a few miles. I've still got to fit the undertray and other protective plastics which should help though.

I received my ECU back from DG Autotech last week (thanks for the fast turnaround Dave, excellent service as always :thumb right: ) and it fired up straight away.

However taking the sunroof liner out and leaving it out wasn't such a good idea, I came back to the car flooded with water inside after this weeks heavy rain. After closer inspection the panel has grooves on the top side of it to channel the water from the back of the sunroof section to the side gutters. So all the carpets and sound deadening are now out drying off. At least the carpets have now been washed thoroughly though (and how much blacker they look for it). I'm also using the opportunity to put in the Recaro electric seat loom....

Decided to get on with the seats and start getting them in. Dark red suits the car well, although something tells me I should not have changed the interior, it visually makes it very different from a standard Storm, and moves away from the OEM theme I've been keeping to...... But hey I like it and it's not like I can't change it back...

The colour goes really well with the mystic blue, and really sets the car off. I'm just having a new drivers bolster put in and then it'll be all in and I'll take some decent photos, but here's the colour for now, looks a bit different in life to either of the pics, kind of half way between the two...

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf012.jpg[/attachment:301x15ln]

New seatbelts in too, although not VAG, I didn't have £187 per side spare!!! Is it just me or does anyone else these days just ring up VW to either choke on the price of a Corrado part or find out it's not available any more? I wish they were more like BMW and took a bit more pride in the decent cars their history is based on rather than just obsoleting the old cars as fast as possible....

Electric seat loom is now in too, and a flip key from Rclick, but I've also bought a transponder immobilizer and put the transponder inside the flip key. The Rclick flick key remote is cool but it's not the most secure Alarm, so I decided to add on the immobilizer.

This is just getting upsetting now! Its hurts to see these pics. The standard is maintained- bloody awesome mate :luvlove:

Hello mate, I just skimmed through the thread and it is amazing mate.

One question though, what ever happened to the aluminium seat you were welding up? Sorry if you have explained in a latter post - I wasn't reading so much more like looking at the pretty pictures!

I hope you keep this interior, the incredible standards you've achieved deserve an OEM finish :salute: , I think overtly custom touches would only detract

Love the seats! But then I am a bit biased :) looks a very smilar colour too. Did you re-dye you existing seats or get them re-upholstered?

This is just getting upsetting now! Its hurts to see these pics. The standard is maintained- bloody awesome mate :luvlove:

Cheers pal, wait until you see the finished pictures, I've got some nice but restrained touches that will really finish the interior off properly.

I hope you keep this interior, the incredible standards you've achieved deserve an OEM finish :salute: , I think overtly custom touches would only detract

Thank you for your kind words :D When I took the interior over in my golf, I thought it looked even better against silver :grin:

Love the seats! But then I am a bit biased :) looks a very smilar colour too. Did you re-dye you existing seats or get them re-upholstered?

I thought about both ways for ages before settling on dying them. 2 reasons- it's a lot cheaper, and guaranteed a quality oem finish to the stitching etc.

My drivers seat has got the traditional wear to it though, so I'm having a new bolster and seat base put on it, then i'll dye it.

Hello mate, I just skimmed through the thread and it is amazing mate.

One question though, what ever happened to the aluminium seat you were welding up? Sorry if you have explained in a latter post - I wasn't reading so much more like looking at the pretty pictures!

Chees pal, I'm still doing the other seats, the electric recaros are only a temporary measure, but they are more oem so I'll end up keeping both and switching between the two. :D

Just noticed your MK2. What a minter! 8) G60 wheels really, really suit the MK2!

R32 engine bay looking great as ever, top work :salute:

those seats are looking fantastic pal.

8)

if you've got a day or two off work i would pay for your help to re-do mine at some point!!!

hope all is well back there buddy - any news on the move etc?

by the way, with this progress does this mean the car will actually have a ticket and tax when i get back?!?

(oh - hopefully going to update my thread on here shortly - not got pics yet, but the M5 is in primer and getting the paint in the next day or two... :) )

Just noticed your MK2. What a minter! 8) G60 wheels really, really suit the MK2!

R32 engine bay looking great as ever, top work :salute:

Cheers kev, I've had to do a fair bit to the Mk2 to keep on top of it, but it's all prettey much standard and now it's all sorted it makes a great daily. Still a few more details to tie down in the engine bay, bit of wiring to wrap and washer bottle to mount properly along with a few other bits, but mostly there now.

Looking good as always, I may have missed something but what happened with the custom seats?

Still haven't finished them, so I sold my mint black leather interior for an electric recaro grey leather interior, which initially just cost me the petrol money up to Birmingham. However it's also cost me a retrim on the drivers bolster and the dye kit, so another £200. I'll finish the other seats over the Christmas holidays and then probably use both sets, one as a daily set, and the other to keep pristine, not sure which way round yet. :D

those seats are looking fantastic pal.

8)

if you've got a day or two off work i would pay for your help to re-do mine at some point!!!

hope all is well back there buddy - any news on the move etc?

by the way, with this progress does this mean the car will actually have a ticket and tax when i get back?!?

(oh - hopefully going to update my thread on here shortly - not got pics yet, but the M5 is in primer and getting the paint in the next day or two... :) )

Hey Pete how's it going?

We've moved now and I'm really enjoying having a garage to work in at home rather than the tiny shed! Would have been nice if it was a garage you can open the car doors in though :(

Yeah, it'll be done by the time you get back pal! Not long at all now,

It's quite easy to re-dye the seats, but it is time consuming if you are doing a colour change on a complete interior. It also makes the leather like new again, as when it goes hard it's just the paint cracking, when you scrub off the old paint it goes back to the soft leather underneath.

Can't wait to see the shiny M5, have to see it in the flesh when you come back. :D

loving the seats :)

Cheers Timmy, I like them, but I'm not sure I'd do it again though! It's a lot of work to make it look totally original if you're doing a colour change.

I haven't done much lately, what with Christmas, being ill and the cold weather, but i have managed to sort out a few bodywork niggles- there were a few scratches under the spoiler, and where the door seal scrapes the sill as you open and shut the door, so I've resprayed these three small areas. The rear spoiler bit was a bit of a pain as I had to get the rear screen taken out. Also put my aero rear wiper back on, cleans up the back of it without having to get rid of the wiper all together.

I've also put on the earlier type sill protectors with 'Corrado' written on them- I think they are a bit nicer. :D

ETKA Corrado.pdf054.jpg[/attachment:1nly66d7]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf056.jpg[/attachment:1nly66d7]

I've also finished attaching all the new catches etc to my bonnet, which I managed to jam shut, but eventually with help from the wiki managed to get it open again! Bruny, these are the original finishes!!

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf052.jpg[/attachment:1nly66d7]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf050.jpg[/attachment:1nly66d7]

Also I stuck the BMW rear view mirror on. This has the auto dimming function, and I can use the LED 'clown's nose' with my alarm system. I've still got to go around the base of it with some black screen paint to match the profiles (where it joins to the windscreen), and wire it up which is basic stuff.

Corrado92.pdf063.jpg[/attachment:1nly66d7]

Finally flatted the whole car down with some 2000 grit paper, and polished it back up again with some Farecla G10 and a rotary.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf019.jpg[/attachment:1nly66d7]

Right Click key fob, quite good for what you pay, although you'll need a seperate immobilizer system, you can then stick the transponder inside the fob as per an original key. The toad fob is for the Golf.062.jpg[/attachment:1nly66d7]

WOW. I've not checked this thread for a long while, this car really is the perfect Corrado in my eyes, amazing stuff :salute:

With each page I read I become more envious ,I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes we had ur time and patients , salute :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time certainly isn't on my side buddy! During this build I've moved house twice, been graced with two lovely kids, spent 3 months in USA working, changed jobs twice, organised a wedding and got married.....patience has kind of been forced upon me :D

Been doing the plastic trims this afternoon. I decided to paint all the bits that are painted on a green/beige storm to make it look more factory (I was going to leather trim it). Unfortunately I can't make the carpet match, dying it doesn't work apparently- as it's nylon and so doesn't absorb the dye. I also can't remember which bits are painted on a beige interior, is the handbrake cover and rear ashtray done anyone? Also what about the bits by your feet in the footwells?

Off out tonight for the New Year, the in law's are staying in and looking after the kids until tomorrow afternoon so we're off out partying hard for the first and only time this year, how bad is that!! :dance: Hoping to get over to finish putting in the interior bits tomorrow afternoon, but will probably be feeling to hungover to do anything....

My phone takes really bad pics in artificial light, actually in any light (the colours way out)...but you get the idea :)

car is looking really REALLY good pal!

:D

can't wait to see it in the flesh when i'm back now. be really nice to catch up with you too :)

i seriously need to speak to you when i'm back about lots of things now!

on that note - check out my M5 thread - finally got some more pics!

I think this will turn out to be the best Corrado on the forum. Very impressive.

Thank you for the high praise buddy but I'm sure it's just the pics making things seem better than real, as there are some much better cars on here believe me!

car is looking really REALLY good pal!

:D

can't wait to see it in the flesh when i'm back now. be really nice to catch up with you too :)

i seriously need to speak to you when i'm back about lots of things now!

on that note - check out my M5 thread - finally got some more pics!

Just posted on your thread buddy! The M5's looking awesome, I bet the first thing you do is put the new wheels on it when you get back :) get those up carriers/uprights over here.....

wow im loving that! fantastic skills mate :salute:

Cheers James, the colouring is no harder than using a rattle can, and because the finish is matt it's quite hard not to make it look good. It takes a fair while to put on all the coats though.....

I prepped the surface by dousing some cotton wool pads in achohol cleaner (supplied) and wrapping them in a scotchbrite pad, and then scouring a up the surface a little. You then spray on the colour pigment and then the protective sealant layer which is available in matt satin or gloss. Time will tell how long lasting it is, but it'll be prettey easy to touch up.