KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

I'm guessing a fibreglass inlay for the sub enclosure to make it a perfect fit.

Although I can't see the release agent anywhere unless it's on the dynamat type material already.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Yeah it's for the sub enclosure. The dynamat type looking material is just silver foil tape I've used instead of the usual blue masking tape. I'm using beeswax on the foil surface but I'm not too fussed if a bit of tape sticks to the fibreglass.

Glad to see this wonderful car again. Whats not to like about a blue storm with recaro, aston 4 pots and other tasteful mods? ;)

Will you be attending any shows kip?

Agree with Chris. Really glad to see this car again on the forum, one of my all time favourites

Thank you both for the kind remarks!! I will try and get to some shows but my house building is still ongoing and very slow being only at weekends, I have to demolish my garage soon, hence the push to get stuff sorted on the Corrado asap!

First few layers. Came out fine, no need for any wax or anything, the foil tape was brilliant.

8165017deb7587b2698be9f47f348495.jpg

Thanks guys. Probably 6 maybe 7 layers, it's on 3 at the moment, but I'll keep going till I run out..

That does indeed look great. I done mine myself in the summer but used masking tape covered in wax, still came out quite nicely :)

Fibreglass trimmed and inner faceplate made yesterday

dfccf8cee94469a746f19ab83f459bf6.jpg

Applied more layers today and put faceplate on. Still to make cover plate and grille, put carpet and connector on.

Hi Chris, search 'usb car socket' on eBay buddy and you'll see it listed, you can get it on its own or with other things like the cigarette lighter socket.

If you look at the green band on the cig lighter that lights up at night you'll notice it's sunk into the black plastic, I turned the outside diameter of the USB socket down to fit it into the counterbore nice and flush, you don't have to do it but it looks loads better imo.

Almost finished the sub box, still got to do the grill, been doing lots of other bits too, more pics to comea2bac39d02eeaa218d5fda93d444cbe5.jpg

Evening, nice to see you're still progressing with this. I've just moved up to Salisbury, just off the Devizes road, would be good to catch up some time.

Thanks Jamie, it's been quite different work doing it too which has been a nice change from the usual.

Hi Tom, hope you are well chap? I've moved out of Salisbury! Not far though, just near Fordingbridge.

Hi Tom, hope you are well chap? I've moved out of Salisbury! Not far though, just near Fordingbridge.

Brings back memories, a few years ago I used to travel most weekends from Ringwood to Gloucester passing via Fordingbridge!

Ian.

I was in fordingbridge today! Working on the A338 before going to north gorley. Just had some drainage work carried out in breamore too.