KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Yeah it does look spot on in there I totally agree with you. I'm going to price up the parts and take it from there I think, I'm just not sure where the conversion starts and ends, though like any conversion I'm sure that's probably down to choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it will be a walk in the park for a man of your skills :)

I saw a youtube clip recently of the V10 motor in an Elise or Exige. It sounded mental with a short exhaust!

I'm sure it will be a walk in the park for a man of your skills :)

I saw a youtube clip recently of the V10 motor in an Elise or Exige. It sounded mental with a short exhaust!

Just googled that exige, thats a nice little project and sounded great on throttle when driving

Just googled that exige, thats a nice little project and sounded great on throttle when driving

Yeah the noise reminded me of the Carrera GT exhaust note, which is no bad thing!

So I got a price of an engine (57k) with loom ecu and ancillaries, all came to £6k which is obviously a ton of money, but hey you're talking a 500bhp motor.... But anyway I'm thinking the V8 might be a better option, just because of the weight. If anything the car needs less weight on the front, and the V8 M3 motor would reduce the existing weight by 20kg (the s54 engine is an iron block), and increase the power by 100bhp or so.. and hey- it's a V8 so it sounds good.

I'm not sure though a V10 would be so nice...

If youyr going to that level Id say V10, sounds so much better. Whats the weight difference in the engines and what about gearbox etc?

i think its the mileage that's 57k but the cost is 6k.

That US package seems pretty interesting, but US engines vs German engines, hmm, i know which one i'd go for...

That US package seems pretty interesting, but US engines vs German engines, hmm, i know which one i'd go for...

LOL!

Ahhh you're right! :D my dyslexia kicking in again.. read it as a 57k motor which I assumed was a brand new one and the ancillaries were 6k lol

Ha ha yeah it was £6k! It doesn't matter now as I decided to sell the car anyway! I can honestly say that was the hardest car sale of my life, I've driven a lot of sports cars in my life, and I personally think it's such a lot of car for the money. But hey, I drove it about for 18months, put 13k on it and still made a profit on it so I can't complain.

What's next for you then Kip?

I'd take the LS3 motor personally! 500+hp & torque with cheap and easy bolt ons. A massive torque curve, light weight and proven very reliable simple engineering over decades of use in several vehicles......unlike German engines. I would never fit a German V8 to a project car. The Lexus V8 is another reliable one, but not as cheap or light as the LS.

Sorry Kev missed your reply! I’m building a car/motorbike from scratch mate. Electric I’m afraid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone on here that bought this? Would be great to know whats happened to it

Yes, I have had the pleasure of owning Kip's Corrado R3.2 for the last 2 years! What an absolutely cracking machine!

Unfortunately, I am now about to sell her due to an expanding family.

Re. my for sale advert, I am currently waiting in a queue for a moderator to sign off before it goes live here. I do not usually post on the forum.

For anyone interested in buying one of the best Corrado's please PM me directly and I'll get back to you, thanks.