Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

dinkus' silver VR - Gone to a new home! :(

So I thought I should start a new thread for the second Silver VR as it's a completely new car, despite looking exactly like the last one :lol:

Despite this little beasite looking fairly standard, I bought her with black leather Recaros, Koni TA shocks and H&R springs as well as new rear axle bushes, top-mounts and wheel bearings all round. There were also some Audi 5-spoke lookalike wheels on there, which have since found their way onto my old C.

Since then, she she's had... (in order of fitting)

Leather Recaros out, black cloth Recaros in.

312mm front brakes with VAG disks and Pagid FR pads

Rear Mk4 Callipers with VAG disks and Mintex 1144 pads (fecking amazing bite!)

Goodridge braided hoses all round

6-spoke Compomotive MOs (which actually turned out to be Kev's old wheels :lol: Currently booted with Toyo Proxes which seem fairly ok. Quieter than the Rainsports).

Pioneer AVH-P5900DVD head unit (cool toy, awesome for shows when it gets cold and wet)

Second Skin Damplifier on the outer door skins, with Skinz wave diffusers behind the drivers

Audioscape door pods with 6.5" Rainbow SLXi components

Second Skin Damplifier Pro in the rear 1/4s, under the rear bench, boot floor and sides.

Audioscape sub box with a 10" Rainbow Hammer

Audioscape amp rack (hah, still not bolted the bloody thing in) with Genesis Profile 4 Ultra amp

Knu Konceptz wiring (got some of their battery terminals to go on at some stage when I have the strength).

Schimmel 263 cams

INA tappets

Iwis (from 4 season) chains and VAG tensioners with Mk4 top tensioner and pad

VAG clutch

VAG Thermostat & housing

VAG Header tank

4 Season alloy crack pipe (like the Gruven one, but has an allen key grub screw instead of the fancy valve)

VAG wisbhones with TT donut bushes

VAG ARB drop-links

VAG Outer ball joints

VAG Tie rods

VAG Engine mounts

GSF Gearbox mount

That's all very well and good, but this is a gallery thread, so here are some pics I took at the 20th Anniversary meet... :wave:

DSCF2242 (Large).JPG[/attachment:juy90128]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCF2238 (Large).JPG[/attachment:juy90128]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSCF2236 (Large).JPG[/attachment:juy90128]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSCF2232 (Large).JPG[/attachment:juy90128]

Corrado92.pdfDSCF2221 (Large).JPG[/attachment:juy90128]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSCF2217 (Large).JPG[/attachment:juy90128]

ETKA Corrado.pdfDSCF2213 (Large).JPG[/attachment:juy90128]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSCF2207 (Large).JPG[/attachment:juy90128]

Bout bloody time! Looks well dude. 8) I'm sure half the wheels on Corrados used to be Kev's :lol:

You decided on a head unit yet?

Ooooh. The sunset pics look amazing.

When you write it all down the work makes a very comprehensive list!

Hehe thanks chap :)

I know I've had at least 3 sets of his wheels on my cars :lol:

Not decided on a head unit just yet - need some fundage first, but after hearing the unit in that Beetle at E38, I'm really liking the Alpine units with Audyssey MultEQ stuff on. The CDA-9887R has it built-in, but no USB input and apparently the iPod interface is a bit naff sounding too.

The CDA-9886R has a nice USB interface for hard drivey type stuff and you can get an external MultEQ box for it (PXA-H100). However, I've not had time to find out what formats it can decode or if the external MultEQ box is any good :lol:

I really liked the alpine in my vr. Not that that comment helps whatsoever. ;)

Trying to think up No.2 jokes now. :)

Hey - they sky's pink, what more do you want? :lol:

I do have Yan's pink flag that he "left behind" though...hmm...

That is such a nice looking and well specced car Dom :D. The Alpine Audessey stuff is very good, but needs real expert setting up to get the best out of it. I toyed with the idea, of fitting the 9887 headunit in mine, but even with soundproofing the background noise of a G60 doesn't warrant me changing any of my stereo stuff for better quality. Have a look on the talkaudio forum for a bit more info on it.

Tis a cracking looking VR Dom, no doubt about it and its engine is an absolute peach. Went out for a spin in the car when we were over in Germany, and after driving the new Scirocco exclusively for days I had forgotten just what makes the VR so special. That deep muscular engine note, the silky smooth drive - and even better after some extensive fettling :)

The Compomotives just finish it off perfectly!

Looking good Dominator!

Good to see some Mods making a bit more effort with their car threads! Or at least good to see some Mods still running a C :lol:

I do have Yan's pink flag .......

Is that some sort of metaphor that I don't get? :scratch: :tongue:

Lovely looking car Dom. Wish I had a better look in Germany now...but there were so many C's I think I was suffering from C blindness.

V nice, loved my silver one. I bloody love how the brakes totally fill out the wheels. I was going to go 288 but I think 312's will be on the cards now.

Was looking very well in the flesh during the Karmann trip, didn't realise how much work you've done to it recently. Fair play mate! :salute:

Thanks for all the compliments guys - I went through a real "oh balls, I can't be arsed" spell a few months ago and the engine and suspension work just seemed to take forever. I was getting really fed up with things.

But after it all coming together so nicely for the 20th Anniversary trip I'm utterly chuffed with it now. I'm dead happy with how it runs and drives, it looks great after a bit of clay-bar love and it sounds deader than the hookers in Toad's boot inside.

Just need to get a few bits and bobs tidied off and it will be (as near as dammit) perfect :)

Top Corrado there mate, it looks really good.

Why did you take the leather recaros out for cloth ones, have you sold the leather ones?

If I'm honest, leather looks cool, but doesn't really float my boat (well...not as car interiors anyway :norty: :lol: ) so I sold the leather on and transplanted in my cloth Recaros instead.

If anybody is thinking of removing the factory-fitted heated seat loom from a Corrado, I can thoroughly recommend not doing so because it's a complete cocking pain! :lol:

Thanks for all the compliments guys - I went through a real "oh balls, I can't be arsed" spell a few months ago and the engine and suspension work just seemed to take forever. I was getting really fed up with things.

We all go through that :D

The Rado is a funny old car in that one small little issue can make the whole car feel horrible to drive and own, then you lose enthusiasm.

If Rados were more like Jumbo jets which can still fly and function perfectly with one engine and 5 of it's 7 computers fried, we'd all be more happy, more of the time, LOL!

If I'm honest, leather looks cool, but doesn't really float my boat (well...not as car interiors anyway :norty: :lol: ) so I sold the leather on and transplanted in my cloth Recaros instead.

don't suppose you have some black leather doorcards then that you would like to swap for some black standard jobbies....

I went through a real "oh balls, I can't be arsed" spell a few months ago and the engine and suspension work just seemed to take forever. I was getting really fed up with things.

But after it all coming together so nicely for the 20th Anniversary trip I'm utterly chuffed with it now. I'm dead happy with how it runs and drives, it looks great after a bit of clay-bar love and it sounds deader than the hookers in Toad's boot inside.

It did seem to take a lot longer to start and do the work, and seemed to swallow a huge amount of parts and cash. And I wasn't probably in the best mood during the process, but, it is lovely and smooth and new feeling now, and I think (hope?) well worth it.

Looking forward to getting mine to that state. :)