Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

How is the 'new' CCGB going to differ from the old?

I got the impression it was a old school club where you are judged on site.

id expect if i was a well spoken mid 40s with a VR6 when i approached the stand i would have gotten a better reception. i also felt a "if you are having a stand, then you should stand with us" attitude towards my partial(was a group effort) organisation of the forum stand at VWNW.

I got the impression it was a old school club where you are judged on site.

id expect if i was a well spoken mid 40s with a VR6 when i approached the stand i would have gotten a better reception. i also felt a "if you are having a stand, then you should stand with us" attitude towards my partial(was a group effort) organisation of the forum stand at VWNW.

That was why i joined Club VR6 as I thought this might suit my needs more. But unfortunately like CCGB joined at Stealth rolling rd day had a great day and then didn't here anything from them for the 12 months of my membership :( :roll:

CCGB is great...I get 10% discount from my dealer and I'm not even a member! That's not me taking the pee, my dealer is just generous and doesn't ask for proof of membership :lol:

I really must join up....is the old site still online so I get an application form?

Kev

Membership runs from 1st March to 28th February each year, you can join the club at any time during the year at the standard rate of £15 (£8 pounds if you join now. Runs to 1st March 2004).

Members that join in January and February will benefit from an increased length of membership as they will be issued with a card that is valid until the following March, i.e. 13 and 14 months of membership. Members that join in April though to Decemebr get 11 to 3 months membership in the first year respectively.

Now all you need to do is print and send this form (online submission to be added later) to the following address along with a cheque for £15 (UK Pounds), made payable to 'VW Corrado Club of Great Britain' :

Ref.: WWW, The VW Corrado Club of GB, P O Box 10346, HalesowenB63 3XU, England,Great Britain.

Please make sure you also clearly write your name, address and a contact number on the back of the cheque.

Should you have any queries please contact: mailto:[email protected]

once again i think there is just a lot of moaning going on here which is misplaced.

Corozin has already stated that pointing out your difficulties on a forum like this will not get you anywhere. He has already stated that contacting him directly is the only way to ensure anything is done.

Also those who are critisising the club here are only going to make others feel that they are just moaning.

Again i don't see the point in aggrevating people on this foeum by slaggin off a a club they may well like when you could direct your complaints in other ways and get something done about it.

once again i think there is just a lot of moaning going on here which is misplaced.

Corozin has already stated that pointing out your difficulties on a forum like this will not get you anywhere. He has already stated that contacting him directly is the only way to ensure anything is done.

Also those who are critisising the club here are only going to make others feel that they are just moaning.

Again i don't see the point in aggrevating people on this foeum by slaggin off a a club they may well like when you could direct your complaints in other ways and get something done about it.

YAY! a post that makes me want to post and say "HOORAY! a voice of reason!" 8)

Quit moaning on about the past, get involved and turn the club into what YOU want it to be! :roll: That's the whole point of car clubs, you get out what you put in, sometime slightly more in either direction, but in general it's rewarding for your time and effort.... 8)

Ker-plink (my 2p worth!)

:roll: Your completely missing the point about starting a thread like this and I look fwd to hearing Corozins reply to my concerns when he replys to my e-mail I sent him.

:roll: Your completely missing the point about starting a thread like this and I look fwd to hearing Corozins reply to my concerns when he replys to my e-mail I sent him.

1 month later still waiting for a reply I guess nothings changed there then :roll:

According to the website its sometime this month - hopefully, it should be Issue 30 cos I had Issue 28 last April and Issue 29 in June but nowt since....

Me neither, heard nothing for ages even from my local region who normally have regular meets and I still havn't heard anything about what happened at the AGM? I also emailed John about this but had no reply!

Other than that I have to say I have had no probs with the club so far and its saved me loads of money!

Just to keep peeps in the know, the current issue is currently undergoing built 0.95 (in other words it should be ready by the end of the week to go to the printers) Most of the layout is done, just gotta speeel check it etc.

I can only apologise for the delay (yes it IS issue 30 btw), various reasons for this, little boy coming along in Oct amongst other excuses. I was working on it at 2:15am yesterday to give you some idea. It's a mammoth issue just to keep you bating.

Supercharged, which region are you in? The regions we've found tend to rely JUST on the regional host, without them the region falls apart. For instance, in the East Midlands we've had 3 regional hosts since the club started (what, 8 years ago) and I think we've only ever had 4 meetings, a couple of which only two or three cars turned up.

Phil K, why are you waiting until Feb to join? If you join now, you'll get two months free membership...

Um.. money and recovering from chrimbo. Only a couple of weeks to go..

Just to keep peeps informed... the Sprinter went off to the Printers this afternoon. It's a biggie :oops:

Expect to see: Edition 38 Show, CCGB National, Stonor Park, very nice Corrados, very nice interiors, :oops: 10 pages of technical articles :cry: (oh, and an Opel Manta :shock: )

Loadsa stuff!

Just to keep peeps informed... the Sprinter went off to the Printers this afternoon. It's a biggie :oops:

Expect to see: Edition 38 Show, CCGB National, Stonor Park, very nice Corrados, very nice interiors, :oops: 10 pages of technical articles :cry: (oh, and an Opel Manta :shock: )

Loadsa stuff!

sweet!! was just away to ask about that.... :lol:

answered my question :D

Got my welcome pack last night smiley-dance.gif

Looking forward to issue 30 now that Jeremy has so badly wet my appetite smiley-sabber.gif

Main thing has been done already: Applied the sticker to the rear window on my Rado 8)

Now then, when was that AGM again? Probably can't make it, as I'm going to the meet on Sunday 7/3

Tempest