Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

School Bus 1 - 0 Hyundai Coupe

Well, didn't even make it out of my village this morning. But this is one morning I'm glad I wasn't taking the Corrado in to work. The local school bus driver thought it would be really funny to pull out of a side road without looking. Fortunately several people witnessed him slam into the side of my company car as I was innocently driving to work. Just what I need the day before I'm due to go on holiday. :( He has admitted liability and I gathered witnesses at the scene anyway.

Here's a pic of her before the crash just after I got her:

abjc07.jpg

She's about 4 months old with 3k on the clock now. I know it won't be everone's cup of tea on this forum but it was just run in nicely and driving pretty well. Now its trashed. :( :( :(

No after pics I'm afraid Deviant. Basically he hit on the driver's side front wing disintegrating the wing (literally it was crinkled up like it was tin foil or something) and the headlight and bending the sill just in front of the door really badly. It was lucky that he'd just dropped the kids off and there were none on board at the time.

Cheers dirtytorque. I'm ok. Just a bit shaken up still but nothing a toasted cheese sandwich can't sort. :D It was a really nice car. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the time I get back from holiday. Just worried about any chassis damage down by the door. It looked pretty bent.

I quite like that model actually. A mate had a vast succession of these, starting with a red V6 version about four years ago. A new one every six months.. I much preferred that later (squarer) shape than the earlier (rounded) ones.

And there's a reason why they kept winning rallies.. they're a much better chassis than the Corrado out-of-the-box. The steering isn't as informative, but they are more sure footed on the road and less easily upset by linked turns and undulations.

The driving experience is a bit "numb" for my liking but not enough so that it isn't fun. Just not as fun as the Rado IMO. I think with decent steering and a bit of lowering it would be absolutely spot on.

EVO had one, V6 from memory that they progressively tweaked and used it for a lot of their track days - seem to remember that they rated it quite highly

I like these quite a lot, styling is nice and edgy and they look excellent on the move. Sorry yours has taken a knock, hope the insurance sort it out asap.

nick

I like these quite a lot, styling is nice and edgy and they look excellent on the move. Sorry yours has taken a knock, hope the insurance sort it out asap.

nick

:thumbleft: My holiday officially starts tomorrow and I'm off to Turkey for a week on Thursday so hopefully it will all be sorted out by the time I get back.

The looks are definitely a strong point. You do get some badge snobbery directed towards it because it's a Hyundai but in general when you come up behind someone on the motorway they pull out of your way in to the slow lane like you're in a car with a lot more than 140 horses under the bonnet. :D

Only drawback with them is they're not that quick tbh and they're not good on fuel economy. Even the V6 was only really lukewarm, performance wise. Much more of a cruiser.

Only drawback with them is they're not that quick tbh and they're not good on fuel economy. Even the V6 was only really lukewarm, performance wise. Much more of a cruiser.

To be honest the 2 litre I drive isn't that much slower than the V6. The 2.7 V6 only has 20 more bhp (160 in total) and obviously has added weight. The V6 sounds awesome and is lovely and smooth but you're right about the running costs, they are pretty high. Really low insurance but it is really thirsty. None of them are particularly fast. I get out of my coupe and into my G60 and the Rado feels way quicker.

For the benefit mostly of Deviant I got a picture of the damage....

addi6c.jpg

You can just make out in the picture that after the accident I put the price board back in the window. :lol:

Yeah, I'm just grateful it didn't hit the driver's door! :pale:

It's still languishing at the body shop. Total estimate so far is £3500. Boy I am glad I wasn't in the Rado when this happened!

For the benefit mostly of Deviant I got a picture of the damage....

addi6c.jpg

You can just make out in the picture that after the accident I put the price board back in the window. :lol:

Sh*tting hell!!

And to think, he'd just pulled away at a junction and did that. Imagine if he was doing any kind of speed. The force was still enough to push the car sideways up on to a grass verge and into a hedge. I've been looking out for him on my way to work recently (as you'd expect!) but I haven't seen him or the bus. My mate who is a lorry driver says a lot of these companies have a one strike and your out policy so he may have lost his job over it. I do feel bad for him if he has, we're all human and suffer from lapses in concentration. Just a shame his resulted in this. But then on the other hand he's lucky nobody was seriously hurt.

Right, looks like somebody has been a bit of a naughty boy. The guy driving the bus apparently had two accidents that morning. The one he had with me he failed to declare to his superiors and therefore the company's insurance company. Not only that but he gave me a false name. Well, he gave me the name of the owner of the company! What's the betting he's not insured. Basically as it stands at the moment the solicitors are getting in touch with the company to say either you declare the accident to your insurance company and your insurance company pays up as the accident was clearly your fault or we sue you for damages. Seeing as I worked in underwriting for a long time and my girlfriend is a member of her majesty's constabulary he's kind of picked the wrong person to annoy. Currently I'm getting him done for providing false details at the scene of an accident. I wonder how the people in my village would feel about their children being driven to school by a criminal....

Your girlfriends a copper? :eek:

Yeah, what of it rude boy? You got something to hide? :lol: I could always get her to run some background checks.... :wink: