Sign in to follow this  
STORMv6

slow response!

Hi all,

Dont know if this on the forum at all but could not find anything relating to this. I own a vr6 storm and it pulls in all the gears fine every so often but only for a few days and is a joy to drive but now its back to running flat, doesnt want to move and hesitates when moving in every gear like something is holding it back, in all honesty the car is mint body, interior and no mechanical issues always looked after and thousands spent, when i took it to a garage and rolling road tested car was making 208bhp and was told its better than perfect and i must of got used to it like s..t i have. On monday it was running so smooth and rapid i had to keep jumping back in to drive it but knew only time before the fun will stop and that time has come. sorry to go on but i hope someone knows whats happening.

Many thanks :(

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, ok i will try this, is that a difficult sensor to change ie time and engine out?

thanks just had visions car was gonna be off the road for a while, hopefully vw or gsf etc will have it in stock.

Thanks again for your help i will let you know how i get on. :D

thanks just had visions car was gonna be off the road for a while, hopefully vw or gsf etc will have it in stock.

defintely keep us posted with this one, i think im experiencing the same sort of problem with mine, it runs great but hesitates when i put my foot down. does the cam sensor age and become weak over time or is it a case of, it works or it doesnt work?

I have a problem similar to this sometimes, but it only happens under 2000rpm.

I'll put my foot down to accelerate but the power isn't smooth untill above 2000rpm and then it revs cleanly through the range as it should.

It could be my imagination but it seems to get better if i put premium fuel in it.

Hi all,

Part finally ordered after waiting a while, just had sensor checked on computer at the garage and he said its fine. Im gonna change it anyway as it could be an intermittent fault the garage said. Hope this issue will get sorted, just noticed also the ambient temp rising to 38 degrees that cant be right, is there a different air box that is heat resistant available?

Hi all,

Part finally ordered after waiting a while, just had sensor checked on computer at the garage and he said its fine. Im gonna change it anyway as it could be an intermittent fault the garage said. Hope this issue will get sorted, just noticed also the ambient temp rising to 38 degrees that cant be right, is there a different air box that is heat resistant available?

defintely keep us posted with this one, i think im experiencing the same sort of problem with mine, it runs great but hesitates when i put my foot down. does the cam sensor age and become weak over time or is it a case of, it works or it doesnt work?

Chris, is your diagnostic cable connected up? Can't remember if we talked about it when you popped over. I've got Vag-Com if you want to take a look at it.

Tom.

Chris, is your diagnostic cable connected up? Can't remember if we talked about it when you popped over. I've got Vag-Com if you want to take a look at it.

Tom.

sorry i didnt reply to this sooner tom, totally forgot. yeh if you have a spare 5mins free one weekend ill pop over.

starter motors fixed now btw, the hammer treatment did it well :)

open/short yes,but degrading no.

It'll show up as "implausible signal - intermittent" if it's on it's way out. You really need to scan it while the engine is still running and the power has been lost though. As soon as you turn the ignition off you'll lose the temporary error code and the ECU will go back to trusting it after the next "reboot".

The cam sensor, like the crank sensor, is a magnet with a coil wrapped around it. The magnet can become weak over the years, or the coil can physically break or short out.

Typically it will lose resolution when the sensor becomes hot, and that might cause more errors than normal, but if you allow it to cool down and you STILL have the same problem, it's probably not a marginal cam sensor.

With the slight exception that the cam sensor is a 12V hall sender and the crank sensor isn't.

What is it then? They're both hall effect sensors.

hi,

just spent £££ on the cam sensor and no change, had enough of this car now its been a waste, due to work and family commitments i have no time to take the car to a vag garage. if anyone wants to take a look i live in north london and im free tomorrow sunday 19 oct.