Sign in to follow this  
NEIL1711

Neglected VR 6 Pictures and update.

Thought I ought to put some pictures of my Corrado, having introduced myself on Newbies.

Basically it has been stood for nearly 3 years collecting moss and water (1" deep in footwells), a freind pointed the owner in my direction as he had decided it has been too long since I have tinkered with a Vdub, the body work is super clean but the brakes were siezed and it smelt like an old pond inside, a deal was struck and after an hour or so of freeing off the brakes I towed it home, I then stripped it down and over the last few weeks have been rectifying any faults/leaks, it now runs sweat and has a clean and fresh smelling interior incuding leather.climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfFusty interior.jpg[/attachment:2w4ak4oa]Book1.pdfInterior stripped.jpg[/attachment:2w4ak4oa]

Have also bought some Porsche wheels cup 2's I believe, Fr 7 1/2 X 17 et52 and Rr 9 X 17 et 47, have offered them up to the hubs to check clearance and with 15mm thick adaptors I reckon they will fit a treat maybe with a bit of arch folding/pulling, I may put 20mm adaptors on the front, the rears catch slightly on the trailing suspension arm and just on the shock's spring plate (bilstien suspension all round) and the fronts catch on the shock and rub on the brake pad but only just (it has 288mm brakes fitted).stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfFR wheel clearance.jpg[/attachment:2w4ak4oa]ETKA Corrado.pdfRr P wheel side view.jpg[/attachment:2w4ak4oa]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfRear P wheel back.jpg[/attachment:2w4ak4oa]

Interior cleaned up really well wich is a pat on the back for VW's quality, many lesser marks would have just rotted away, future plans are, get the wheels sorted, refurb and diamond cut rims I think, all cables for stereo already laid in but not sure what I will install yet.

Gonna sort out the Jetex S Steel exhaust as It is SO quiet, I need a little bit more roar but not too much, once the arches are rolled and pulled if necessery, it will have the paint touched up, nothing major just a few stone chips and small scratches to sort. Then it is just a case of a few shiny bits and bobs as we visit the shows next year, which I cannot wait for.

Only thing left to fix is the ABS light won't go out, have changed the 179 +79 relays, cleaned sensors but still no joy. so will have to look further to try to rectify.2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCleaned LHS.jpg[/attachment:2w4ak4oa]Corrado92.pdfCleaned RHS Qtr.jpg[/attachment:2w4ak4oa]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfLether fitted.jpg[/attachment:2w4ak4oa]Lip spoiler fitted.jpg[/attachment:2w4ak4oa]

Good work fella! You havn't hung about there but its always best to strike while the iron is hot.

Paintwork looks top notch and the leather really sets the colour off.

A BMC would sort the quietness out for you and add a few bonus ponies :)

Nice one!

Get it hooked up to VAG-COM to get the fault code from the ABS ECU. Probably a dead sensor . VAG COM will tell you which one it is, or you can unplug them in turn checking the resistance. Of course it could be something else and VAG Com will tell you.

So have now made PCD adaptors :clap: and just trial fitted wheels, all went ok so here are some pics,

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfadaptor.jpg[/attachment:2vejnt9m]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfrear view of rr.jpg[/attachment:2vejnt9m]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfside view of both.jpg[/attachment:2vejnt9m]

porsche wheels on.jpg[/attachment:2vejnt9m]

Made the adaptors myself, with the porsche spigot at 71.6mm, 22mm thick, so final et of all wheels will be 33, gonna put 195 40 17's on front 215 35 17's on rear, am thinking of spraying wheel centres anthrasite and polishing edge of rims.

Deffo gonna need at least the rear arches rolling/pulling though.

Gotta do some saving now for tyres and wheel refurb.

Good news, it passed MOT last week first one in 3 years :clap:

Cheers guys, think I may have to give up beer for a couple of weeks so I can tax it tomorrow, can't wait any longer to go for a proper drive (with standard wheels on), who ever recommended making the spacers out of ally was bang on, these were heavy enough, steel ones would of been way too heavy.

Might have to sneak some porsche brakes behind them wheels next year.

Nice work mate.Good to see another one brought back to life.

Nice choice of rims too.Used to have them on my mk3 VR sets them off well..

I have porsche cup 2s on mine and am considering gun metal for the inners and a polished rim. Would like to see how yours turn out. And its on an aqua blue vr. Thinking we are peas in a pod!

When I put the rims on I was amazed how much differance it made, back ones look proper fat, left as they are I would need to pull the arches loads, but with stretched tyres 2 sizes down on rear and 1 size down on front plus low profile should reduce the interferance a bit.

Can't wait til next year, plan is to visit a few european shows, Charleys, worthsee etc, looking forward to the long cruise.

It is proof of the top quality of build that it is back on the road so soon, plus I am a little obsessive when I want something to be done I can't leave it alone, since I have had the raddo, I haven't been out on my speed triple or practiced on the drums once, both of which are a passion of mine, (not that I am very good at either), I appear to have got the bug again I haven't been this keen since I had my Rallye.

Lovin it.

Looking good Neil, the bonnet bra should set it off a treat along with some new sized rubber. Keep up the good work, bringing it back and all that.

Cheers Stuey,

Gonna get all my new bits on later today, bra, lights, side repeaters, Vibratech engine mounts etc, and take some more piccies. Also mannaged to get a full suite of JBL GTO speakers off Flea bay so sounds should be improving now as well all be stealthly, as have gone for standards size's.

Neil