Sign in to follow this  
MK1Campaign

312's on a SC VR Corrado-Sufficient?

I should think you will be fine after all you are still braking from normal Corrado type speeds. You just get there quicker is all :D

I would only get a proper kit if you were thinking about regular track time.

312's will be just fine Ben, i may be able to get hold of a set also in the next 2-3 weeks of a mates mk4 golf gti he is breaking.

There's no right or wrong answer to this. It depends entirely on how fast you drive and how late you brake.

If you do get a "proper" kit, you'll have to lose those BBS RXs unfortunately. 312s fit behind RXs OK though, not much room to spare though.

I'm a fast driver, late braker and the 312s were completely inadequate for me personally but they're fine for most people.

There's no right or wrong answer to this. It depends entirely on how fast you drive and how late you brake.

If you do get a "proper" kit, you'll have to lose those BBS RXs unfortunately. 312s fit behind RXs OK though, not much room to spare though.

I'm a fast driver, late braker and the 312s were completely inadequate for me personally but they're fine for most people.

I'm finding that I dont think the 312s are enough anymore either, any recommendations? I have VAG discs and Tarox pads.

I was thinkin perhaps go for different disc/pad combo, but I still dont think it will be enough, and want to go more powerful brakes, any advice mate?

You can buy 323x28mm discs from EBC for the Brembo equipped Cupra R, they are £120ish and then it's just a case of finding some suitable Brembo's off ebay, the Seat ones often come up and are good because they are radially mounted not lug mounted. I found some unused ones for £120 ish but that was a bit lucky.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:1123

They will fit under the RX's too, but you'll need spacers.

And if you then find they are not enough you can ditch the discs which are the weakest point, and get some 330x30mm thick AP ones and space the caliper out by 2mm. Then you'll have a similar set up to Kev.