Sign in to follow this  
marshole82

'Rados of the Midlands - who are you?

hey people,

i'm from northampton, wondered how many other people are from northamptonshire / bedfordshire / oxfordshire etc? close-by sort of thing.

name: oli

car: 91 1.8 16v

issues: sunroof, windows, alarm, central locking, tracking, fuelling, gauges, exhaust, floor pan holes, oil leak

come on, who in my area can beat that list and still actually drive it to work day in day out? :notworthy:

Hi, i am Wendy and live just 4 miles North of Banbury in Oxfordshire.

'96 VR6 - No issues on mine and daily user. !!!!!! Yes, I am SMUG about this !!!! lol

Quite a few folk around these parts.

I live in Leamington Spa and use my Rado as a daily. Nearly 188,000 miles on her and it's going strong :)

There are no majorly pressing issues other than it seems to have issues regulating its temperature in traffic and I get REALLY annoying belt squeal when I first start the car on a morning. Oh, and the vague handling - a soon as I can put the fixed height steering column on, I'm hoping that'll sort that problem.

I know Cambridgeshire wasn't mentioned but since I grew up near Wellingborough (not good) I thought I'd be ok to reply.

My VR6 currently has: - Dodgy ABS 'issues', sticking front spring plates, no slide on the sunroof, and a growing appetite for relays in my uprated headlight loom.

I'd like to say it's a daily but although it's my only car it only gets moved at the weekend.

Hi, i am Wendy and live just 4 miles North of Banbury in Oxfordshire.

'96 VR6 - No issues on mine and daily user. !!!!!! Yes, I am SMUG about this !!!! lol

Quite a few folk around these parts.

damn you with your perfectly working car!

I live in Leamington Spa and use my Rado as a daily. Nearly 188,000 miles on her and it's going strong :)

There are no majorly pressing issues other than it seems to have issues regulating its temperature in traffic and I get REALLY annoying belt squeal when I first start the car on a morning. Oh, and the vague handling - a soon as I can put the fixed height steering column on, I'm hoping that'll sort that problem.

yay someone with the same issues as me :)

I know Cambridgeshire wasn't mentioned but since I grew up near Wellingborough (not good) I thought I'd be ok to reply.

My VR6 currently has: - Dodgy ABS 'issues', sticking front spring plates, no slide on the sunroof, and a growing appetite for relays in my uprated headlight loom.

I'd like to say it's a daily but although it's my only car it only gets moved at the weekend.

yes, wllingborough is ok - you can join in :) surely there must be more than just us 4!! i know davidwort is a wootton man, so thats 5....

Im in the Midlands but very North!

Matlock in Derbyshire :)

Matt

VR6

Bloody central locking!

Oh and it is a daily, but I have started biking to work to save the old girl any traumas :D

I'm in Warwick. I don't seem to have any problems with my motor at the moment either!

Maybe a starter issue is rearing it's head! :(

Im in the Midlands but very North!

Matlock in Derbyshire :)

Matt

VR6

Bloody central locking!

Oh and it is a daily, but I have started biking to work to save the old girl any traumas :D

Matt from Matlock...love it :) wish i could afford a vr but my KR is thirsty enough :(

Based in Coventry, got 3 Karmann type 53s, none used as dailies, just cared and looked after, and driven on sunny weekends.

Tempest

Well im from Peterborough which isnt to far away!

name: Chris

car: White 1.8 16v

issues: Valve stem seals, door seals, car not actually starting(trying to solve), central locking, tracking, reverse and electric mirrors fuse keeps blowing.

The car is my daily and sits very close to the ground!

Matt from Matlock...love it :) wish i could afford a vr but my KR is thirsty enough :(

LOL Yeah I own this town :wink: VR isnt to thirsty if you can bare not to floor it everywhere :D 36mpg can be had....... Just do what I do and only do 4k miles a year :)

36mpg?! i reckon i can get a max of 32/33 in my VR on a motorway run and this is driving like a eunuch. pretty impressed with that tbh mate.

i am another rado midlander - stoke on trent - i regularly see a blue rado driving near leek but dont see too many rados round here...

I have only seen 36mpg once lol and I was making a concerted effort at the time :D

i managed 34.8 on the way home from my mates, down country lanes at midnight - didn't see another car and was in 5th doing 25 the whole way lol

I averaged 32mpg in my VR over the recent CF ring trip, 1100miles in all and there were points when we definitely were not hanging about..... Wendy? :lol: