Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Rocco vs Rocco

I would love to get hold of a mk1 :luvlove: sexy looking old boy. The new ones (although probably a very good car) are just not to my taste

Oh WoW :shock: That Mk1 is wicked :notworthy: I always wanted a Mk1 one and after seeing the article it makes me want one even more! :D The Mk3 looks a lot better with a body kit but off course not as good as the Corrado :D

There are some roadworks and those p!ss annoying temporary traffic lights outside our garage at the moment. I was moving some cars around on the forecourt yesterday and I noticed the demo Rocco from the vee dub garage down the road in the huge queue of traffic waiting at the lights. Personally I love the mk3 but I couldn't help thinking that if it was a Rado in the queue it would have grabbed my attention and stood out a hell of a lot more and looked a lot cooler for it.

Guess I know which one I

Meh - I think I'm going off old cars. I just prefer the more modern styling I'm afraid! Though to be honest I never really liked the MK1 that much anyway. Please don't hit me Eric :)

I think I'm going off old cars. I just prefer the more modern styling I'm afraid!

Uhoh, Rado soon to be sold?

Though to be honest I never really liked the MK1 that much anyway. Please don't hit me Eric

Thought it was a bit strange that my Mk1 wasn't feeling too happy when I had you as a passenger to the Roadstar meet in the Netherlands :lol: Now I know why :lol:

Tempest

yup defo the old for me as the new one is a waterd down load of pap IMHO, ya need to be a 25 year old tucci shopper or mid life crisis man to drive one :lol:

far too underpowerd and indiffernt from other vw's like mk5 golf :eek: , plus it looks like a bloody spaceship in standard form :gag:

Uhoh, Rado soon to be sold?

To be honest it's not worth selling as a 2.0 16v with more miles than the USS Enterprise isn't exactly desirable! I do still plan to get something nice and comfortable (and frugal!!) for daily hacking about though in the not too distant future!

My missus used to have a Mk2 Rocco and loved it til the end...she even managed to put the clutch pedal through the floor and kept it going! (you can see why I married her :luvlove: ).

We went for a test drive in the Mk3 2 weeks ago (just to see what it was like) and she loved it...I too liked it, especially the smoothness of the DSG box but ultimately you can't beat a manual in a sports car and you can't beat the Rado yet! (apart from the air con possibly!)

We even ended up educating the VW salesman in the Mk1 & 2 models...he didn't realise they came in the GT spec too! Did VW not send out an info pack giving some history to this name?!