Sign in to follow this  
fla

centre console vibration

I have this annoying rattle/vibration that appears to come from the centre console. Seems as though it may be the head unit. I am wary of wrapping it in fabric which would cause it to overheat, but are there any other solutions? It is most apparent driving over a rough surface. It has the cage with the clips bent into the dash housing, so may just be pivoting slightly against the bracket.

looks like the rattle or squeek is from the centre vents. From expereince on the side vensts its where the vents actually fit into the duct. Is there any way of getting some talcum powder (i used this on the others to stop the plastic on plastic noise) or something similar into this without dismantling the centre console?

looks like the rattle or squeek is from the centre vents. From expereince on the side vensts its where the vents actually fit into the duct. Is there any way of getting some talcum powder (i used this on the others to stop the plastic on plastic noise) or something similar into this without dismantling the centre console?

.....talcum powder, thats an interesting idea never though of that....the rattles coming from mine over the past six months drivers me insane :censored: !!

does it work well ?

yes. Helps a lot on the side vent ducts. They're easy to remove as well. The centre console is more involved, hence i dont want to pull it all out.

might be worth pulling all your dash switches out and giving them a shake. i had a really annoying rattle at certain rpm's on mine, turned out the transparent plastic light carrier in one of the dash switches had fallen to bits and was rattling around in the switch, making it sound like it was coming from the vents.

good tip, but i've changed all my swichtes to LEDs so hopefully shouldnt ahve any rattles. BUT, when you press anywhere on the edge of the console it gives this annoying squeak,which is more apparent when you drive on a rough surface. Looks like its all coming out then...