Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

4Motion bought - update 8th April (P7)

Coullstar - yes, that was me - I did notice a Corrado going past in the opposite direction

:lol: I went past and thought "nah cant be". Was on my way to pick up my new Konis from the couriers.

When you reach 3/3 parts to car value expenditure (and beyond), you stop thinking about it!

It's a good car to be spending on though. Everything is there to cater for your future plans. Even if you decided to turbo it, the gearbox etc can all take it. Even the stock clutch can handle over 400hp! Plenty of euro 4 motion turbos running around with 600+ with just a clutch being the only drivetrain upgrade!

This car is definitely going to be a keeper so don't mind spending money on it. Loved the character of the V5 in the last Bora we had but you were stuck in terms of upgrades

When you reach 3/3 parts to car value expenditure (and beyond), you stop thinking about it!

It's a good car to be spending on though. Everything is there to cater for your future plans. Even if you decided to turbo it, the gearbox etc can all take it. Even the stock clutch can handle over 400hp! Plenty of euro 4 motion turbos running around with 600+ with just a clutch being the only drivetrain upgrade!

So if you could start again Kev would you still do all the work you have to turbo the C or would you go for a 4motion as a good base?

I admit I've often thought about it....

Had the car a week now so thought I'd post some details on what I have found.

Only managed to wash it for the first time on Thursday, pleasantly surprised to discover that there is not a single dent of ding anywhere on the car - there are a few stone chips and a small bumper scuff but they are being sorted next week. Interior was filhty, given it a quick once over and know exactly whats needed to get it looking pretty much showroom fresh.

Love the cream interior, keeps it lovelyand light inside instead of the usual coalpit black.

Last week

Drive wise its actually better than I thought, engine is glorious, smooth but with an underlying snarl to it, gearbox is lovely and meaty, steering is a bit of a letdown, touch too light and not much in the way of feel, handling typically VW safe and soggy

This week

Totally transformed. Trip down to JMR on Friday saw a cat back Milltek fitted, lovely quality and superb fit - totally transformed the cars character, very distinctive note when accelerating but sounds totally standard (well, nearly) at tickover and at a cruise. Car was also fitted with a Bilstein PSS9 coilover kit - expensive but absolutely superb quality and performance, so much better than the FK Konigspors that were on the Bora that any comparison is totally pointless. currently set to maximum drop and stiffness, to be honest its very firm but by no means uncomfortable so will probably be staying like this. Car has lost all of its wallow and sogginess, simply point and go, much more fun than it was before

Other bits this week:

Walnut trim stripped out, centre console trim rubbed down and sprayed gloss black, door grab handles replaced with beige base spec handles with no insert at all

Rear wiper replaced with more streamlined Fabia one, front wipers replaced with Aero blades

Passat W8 interior light fitted

New wheels delivered, still applying wax before they go on

Next couple of days will see bodywork being prepped for the touch-ins and a full interior deep cleanse, LTT leather treatment, carpets wet and dryed etc

Overall, very impressed with it - best of all is the fact that its so subtle, its just a dark blue 5 door Golf :D

Looked good friday night.

Sure that rattle was the heatsheild after hearing you drive away.

Tom.

Toad - it was actually a brake disc backing plate that was catching on the lower suspension arm - it was soon fixed but new backing plates are now on the to do list, must be the originals on the car and rusty as hell. Sorry if I was a bit distant on Friday, been up since 4am and I was totally goosed and had another 180 miles to drive

Trial fitted the new wheels today, pics were taken before the suspension settled so looks a little higher than it will be

I like your choice of wheel a lot :grin: :grin:P300808_12.40.JPG[/attachment:cqy1ogwe]

Relitavely OE looking too

I like your choice of wheel a lot :grin: :grin:P300808_12.40.JPG[/attachment:227pqisr]

Relitavely OE looking too

I need to see it on the Rado, show meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

That's the only pic I have I'm afraid, car's in bits so no front wheels on either :( In all honesty though, i think they look better on the Mk4, maybe that's just because they are 18's and mine are only 17's :mad:

That's the only pic I have I'm afraid, car's in bits so no front wheels on either :( In all honesty though, i think they look better on the Mk4, maybe that's just because they are 18's and mine are only 17's :mad:

Oh no I didnt mean to upset you :D :(

It will all be good in the end Im sure! :cheers:

They appear to be a nicely made wheel. They are not dissimilar to the Maybach rim, they are 7 spoke as opposed to the 8 spoke of the SSW Speeds but have a nice diamond cut finish to them.

KipVR - oops, yes they are 9 spoke. Yes they are SSW Speeds but are very similar to one ofthe Maybach style of wheel

Wasnt sure about the rims at first but a few more glances and they started to grow on me......very nice Andy, looks cool....glad your getting rid of the walnut :D, although I noticed theres still the gear nob to go matey !!!

Danny B - gearknob now replaced with a nice subtle Volkswagen R Line item, the black tray around the gearlever was badly marked so that has been rubbed down and painted / lacquered as well.

Leather being cleaned today - found a new range of leather treatments thats even better than my old favourite Gliptone, then the paint is being clayed, hoping to get the minor paintwork sorted this week as well.

You've got ma looking at 4 mo's now! My other half needs a replacement for her Mk3 Gti... Really liking what you've got there and you got a good price too, I can't find anything nearly as good as that for what you paid. Nice one Andy. More interior pics when you've finished it please!!

love that wheel mate and have always want a mk4 to put em on since i saw this pic

PICT0126.jpg

now i must say i love you for doing it!

Looks stunning Andy, the wheels are like lookin at diamonds or sumat :lol: very different :salute:

Kip - bit brighter today after two coats of wheel sealant and 8 layers of wax topped off with Zaino Z8, should see them well protected

Think i'll bring mine down for you to play with Lol! wax on wheels now thats dedication but i know too well how much it protects them.