Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

End of an era

Whilst I will still be around until the spares I have accumulated are being sold I will feel like an imposter still being on here.

The last four and a half years of Corrado ownership (2 G60's) and a combined mileage accumulated of 90k + have been the best motoring years of my life - in part thats the cars but its the people we have met that have made the time really special. We have loved every moment of every show and have made some really good friends as a result - these friendships will hopefully remain for years to come.

Seeing the Nugget drive off tonight was genuinely an emotional moment, more so for Sarah than me to be honest but I know it was the right time to sell. I have limited spare time and I don't want turning round to me in a few years saying "Why were you always in the garage daddy". He will probably now say "Why were you so stupid to sell the nice yellow car" but thats easier to live with. The coming years I want to commit to Noah, he is growing up so quickly and at the weekend I'd rather spend time with him than do anything else.

The Corrado has gone in the best condition its ever been in, its been great to see so many nice comments about the car over the last few weeks and I have made the new owner promise to give me first refusal should he decide to sell n the future.

Will I ever own another C - I doubt it to be honest - when Noah is at an age where he can fully appreciate the car and the shows the youngest C will be nudging 20 years old - at least I can say that I have comprehensively scratched the Corrado itch.

The site has got some awesome Corrados, too many stand out cars to mention, whether it be the big power cars of the likes of Kev and Shaun, the cleanliness of Kips, the cars brought back from the brink and a whole host of others - I salute you all :D

The Forum has been (mostly, as in 99.9%) a fantastic place to be for the last four and a half years, it really is in a different league to any other and I wish everyone on here many happy, trouble free (I can hope) and most of all, safe miles in their Corrados.

Thanks for the memories

Andy665

Everytime you see another Corrado on the road, you will regret having sold yours.

The 4 Motion is nice and all, but it's no Corrado.

No need to clear off for good though, unless you have specific grievances. 99.9% of users on here enjoy partaking in your general and off topic chat.

As said in my pm earlier mate, you will be sadly missed but i'm sure you'll come and say hello now and then. Very best wishes on the new job front and hope all goes well with that and everything else you decide to do.

Very best regards!

Kip :(

i've not been rado less that long,but already got a project valver lined up lol

i never thought i'd miss a car that much,but i can honestly say i miss my g60 :(

Dont leave us, even if you havent got a Corrado for now stick around and enjoy the atmosphere.

Sure you will be able to help some of us out at times.

And yea I bet you buy another one

I'm sure you'll be back too! :D But just in case I'd like to thank you again for all your support. Honestly mate you don't know how much you have helped. I'm sure I'd have left my job by now but believe it or not there is a voice in my head (not a scary one) that says "what would Andy think if you just jacked it in without a fight?" :lol: And it was particularly helpful during the first few months of my job to have you around to talk about the ridiculousness and rampant idiocy that seems to prevail so often in this industry. Hopefully less and less of it perpetrated by me as I grow in experience.

Anyway buddy, whatever you decide to do best of luck to you and the family. I'm sure I'll see you around at shows and stuff.

Joe

is a shame Andy, and also that the whole family was as emotional about it as you were, its not so often that "other halves" get sucked in to the obsession too..

fair enough to admit that you dont think you'll be back.. its unlikely there'll be cars that are as rewarding to work on by the time that you might want to do that with noah but i know that personally, with any boys i might have or with my nephews, i'll want to expose them to karting, going to shows, grand prix's etc as much as possible. hopefully the money allows a few indulgences on that front if nothing else :)

will sorry to see you and your enthusiasm and perfectionism go as and when you do finally call it a day. :salute:

I didn't meet you many times but when i did you were always very helpful and friendly and your nugget was an inspiration to me. All that carbon got me all excited :multi: Seriously , i hope my valver can reach the heights your G60 did. All the best , Sam.

samthegram - your Valver is already there, massively impressed with it at Tatton Park this year, took more photos of yours than any other car

never met you or really spoke to you but will be a shame to not see your name kicking about any more! every post you have made is useful and i just hope the owner of your car is gonan come on here and keep up the quality of work that you have to it!

btw - did ya cry ;) lol

i bet greeny did when his went like a big girly! so he went and did things to badgers so i hear

I didn't cry but did feel seriously gutted when it drove out of sight - fine today though after a 450 drive home from Aberdeen in the 4Mo - 7 hours drive gives you lots of time to formulate plans

samthegram - your Valver is already there, massively impressed with it at Tatton Park this year, took more photos of yours than any other car

Thanks Andy , I am honoured :notworthy: I don't supose you have any of the carbon parts for sale that didn't go with the car do you? First dibs please :clap: It will be a shame not to see you at next years Tatton unless you are going just to 'look' :lol:

Hi ANdy,

I think I must have missed a couple of threads or something as I wasn't aware you were even selling the nugget!

It's a real shame to see the car move on, but I hope friendships will endure. Make sure you guys give me a call when you visit Dorset & we'll go for a pint or something.

Cheers,

John

Corozin - I certainly hope that the friendships will endure - at least I'm deserting the VW scene, just becoming boring and predictable with the 4Mo