KUR2Y

Uprated Headlight looms for 2013

All this talk makes it sound as though these relays are crap. They aren't, it's just bad when they do go wrong.

A bit of silicon round the bottom of the relays can prolong their life but using the wrong typr can corrode the terminals.

Just about to fit mine and just found out that my brother has all the socket sets shall have to wait to be able to see in the dark :(

Mine are all done and uprated is it right that side lights (first notch on the headlight switch) is the same brigtness as dipped main beam(2nd notch) as their seems no difference? Full beam is blinding awesome bit of kit these looms highly recommended :clap:

Hi jon

Did you disconnect the dim/dip resistor??????? The yellow plugs in front of the battery on most C's.

I think it tells you to do this on the back page of the instructions. VW put a supply to the dip beam when you put the ignition on. To see if this is the problem try it with keys out.

Cheers fella just done it and sidelights (first notch) now work and the full dipped work on second notch. Cheers fella and it does say it in instructions must have overlooked it. :notworthy:

Hi all,

All the parts arrived and I am 90% finished on 17 looms.

This means that I will be happy to take payment, I'm about to PM every one who is on the list and not recieved a loom yet, with payment and posting details etc.

Cheers

Zak

I will continue to take orders if anyone else is intersted.

WOW I've just tried to PM people and some of them are no longer users.

This means that I have a spare set of OEM plugs, if you are interested then the price of the loom will go up by £23 pounds.

It will be first come first served on that, sorry.

It aslo means I have some looms left.

Sorry Dude I can't do any more off or I'm wasting my time but will save you one for in few months if you like???

This means that I have a spare set of OEM plugs, if you are interested then the price of the loom will go up by £23 pounds.

Hi Zak,

May sound like a daft question but what's the benefit of having OEM connectors? I'm a proper novice as far as fiddling with things go so would these make the loom easier to fit?

Any further info much appreciated and will get a cheque off to you on the week-end.

Cheers,

Rhys

Sorry Dude I can't do any more off or I'm wasting my time but will save you one for in few months if you like???

please mate that would be great a couple on months wages will cover it !!!!

cheers

Hi Zak,

May sound like a daft question but what's the benefit of having OEM connectors? I'm a proper novice as far as fiddling with things go so would these make the loom easier to fit?

Any further info much appreciated and will get a cheque off to you on the week-end.

Cheers,

Rhys

I've got the OEM connectors, while you don't really "Need" them, it does just add another layer of protection to the connections over the Spade connectors, plus as they will have the wire-lock they won't fall off. Infact my brand new connectors were quite hard to get on at first! For me it was just as many back-ups as I could, 3 relay and OEM connectors, means minimum to go wrong! Just need to sort a tupperware box or similar for the Relay board to fully water seal it!

And yes I do get a touch paranoid at times! :lol:

Hi Zak,

Cheers,

Rhys

Hope that helps you. I personally see no need for the OEM connectors but I just make what people want.

Thanks to all those who have sent payment the looms will be sent out after the weekend for paypal folk and as soon as for others.

Hi all,

I've been busy, so it will be midweek before I can make any headway with finishing off and posting, SORRY.

I have received alot of payments and everyone will be sorted by the weekend. THANKS.

Will have spares up for grabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I've been busy, so it will be midweek before I can make any headway with finishing off and posting, SORRY.

I have received alot of payments and everyone will be sorted by the weekend. THANKS.

Will have spares up for grabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that mean mine aint been posted yet?? Or did you do mine saturday?

Sorry for the delay and I haven't posted any looms off yet. I have had no free time but the looms are all but finished and will be tested and posted at the weekend at the very lastest.

Again sorry for the delay.

dgarwood07---yours will be sent at the weekend. Hope that is OK